Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Not for nothing, but I still say this would make a great XXX Parody title.

C'mon, you know they're going to make one...

Letterman blew the ending roll

He did? LALALALALALALLAALALA

Asshole

edit letterman not you

Last edited by Mr. Black (2012-07-19 10:47:45)

I'm dying to peek at the spoilers but I know I must not. This is not as easy as it sounds.

trust me I know. we're leaving later than planned and I'm tempted. too much

I really hope Talia al ghul is in it. I heard that Bane is in the league of shadows too.

I think that's pretty obvious since his plan is essentially an offshoot of the plan from the first. But, there's always a Christopher Nolan twist up his sleeve.

Maybe Batman and Bane hug at the end? That'd be nice.

I could see that^^

Maybe Bruce will finally learn to mind his surroundings...

Last edited by HORRORKID (2012-07-19 11:42:56)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation … T__uN5xmC0

for your entertainment.

My brother suggested Bane breaks Batman's neck halfway through and the last half is Nolan walking across the screen giving us all the finger. big_smile Funny thought but not likely.

Liking that Trailer. Now I'm even more pumped to see it.

I also heard that Nolan will produce another Batman reboot film that will help lead up to the Justice League movie. Crazy stuff.

Yup it's on IMDB. He was writing it but no longer, just a producer. It's gonna be sick. Anyway I'm off to an all day event!

^^^ I wouldn't trust IMDB, guys.  It is highly unreliable when it comes to announced movies or movies in pre-production.

That said, a JLA flick would be cool but I don't see it happening, at least not until DC pulls a Marvel and gives all the main heroes a solo film first.

They're producing a Flash Film right now and a Wonder Woman film is also on the way. I'm pretty sure a Green Lantern sequel is in the works too.

Mr. Black wrote:

Maybe Batman and Bane hug at the end? That'd be nice.

or maybe a bigger twist

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-mXiEbEvY030/TzqEIKnsDmI/AAAAAAAAAHQ/uuUBGgXmayA/s1600/batman-and-robin.jpg

^^^ Does this get you swollen, guy?

big_smile

LoudLon wrote:

^^^ Does this get you swollen, guy?

big_smile

the pic? or that thing you're doing with the Jello?

Last edited by swollenguy (2012-07-19 17:14:41)

You like that?  Huh?  You like when daddy -- okay, yeah, I just gave myself the creeps.  *shiver*

Well that was interesting! Not what I was expecting, glad I didn't spend the extra money to go see it at IMAX.
Anne Hathaway in that cat women suit!
Midnight showtimes suck, I'm going to bed.

Holy Batcrap, some maniac went Rambo on a crowd waiting to see a midnight premiere in Denver, killing 14.  Just what the hell?! They caught the guy.  They should have kneecapped him a few times first, though.  Maybe the elbows, too.

Jesus Christ.  There you go, folks.  This is the world we're living in.

Yea, what a fucking whack-o. Just woke up and put it on CNN, and to hear this was pretty damn sad! 12 dead - 38 injured.

Movie was awesome. Really thought it was the best one in the series. Seeing it in an IMAX dome was mind blowing. I'm still wrecked, kept up with the news on the car ride home. Really sad that stuff happened. Couldn't believe it when I read it.

Heading to the theater to see the 3:30 showing today.

Just read this review on Ain't it cool news.com         ( Warning: Major Spoilers)

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/57109

Last edited by Underdog (2012-07-20 13:24:42)

The mom of the 24 yo man that did it, lives out here in SO cal. the local news woke her up and told her what happened. Could you imagine waking up to that news or being the family of any of the victims? May have been a midnight showing but you know a lot of that audience were probably teens and younger.

Media will start blaming violent movies, video games and probably gun control and or the young man’s personal life/upbringing. Was he just a sociopath? I don’t think so.  There’s been so many of these now and I fear more to come. They can’t all be the work of natural born sociopaths. While media and access to guns may not have helped, I think there’s another problem in this country, just a plain lack of empathy. It seems to be growing and I see it everywhere on the roads, at the line at the grocery store and on tv and in media and politics.

Please don’t derail a movie thread with the politics this was just a thought.

Just read that WB is considering cancelling all showings until the dust has settled over this.  Not saying they ARE, they're just considering it.  Personally, I respect that.  It's not often a corporate beast would purposely delay profits in favor of a simple act of respect and courtesy.

Besides, even if they do delay the wide release, I strongly doubt it would hurt ticket sales.