Topic: Looking for a indie Horror script/idea!

We are looking for a slick indie horror script - something that can be made under $100k and a script that's smart, dramatic and eerily scary than bloody and gory.

Something with a good high concept and maybe even a good twist. It can be set anywhere in the world, doesn't have to be a one-set kind of thing.

We are looking to start right away. If you have any scripts, treatments, concepts notes, please reply!

Thanks much!
Sita

Re: Looking for a indie Horror script/idea!

damn, just a day too late guys.
My script for Zombie Ninja Hookers From Outer Space just got optioned by Platinum Dunes.
best of luck though  smile

Um... Ace, Lon, Mavie- is this normal?

Last edited by azathoth (2012-04-10 05:14:08)

I am not sure if this is the right section to post my request for a script. If it's not, please do let me know where I can post my requirement. Thanks.

d2r wrote:

I am not sure if this is the right section to post my request for a script. If it's not, please do let me know where I can post my requirement. Thanks.

Maybe you can ask the forum administrator.

It is unusual to have someone who is eager to grab a script and roll from a horror forum. My guess is you are:

1: Serious about it and perhaps it's your first time. (nothing wrong with that)

2: You are wanting to buy the script outright.

3: The money is in the bank.

I have a script that is written, ready and can be made for less than 100K. I even made a teaser trailer for it.

If you are interested, post here and I will contact you via private message.

3 days and no response. Exactly as I suspected.

azathoth wrote:

Um... Ace, Lon, Mavie- is this normal?

Nope.  I would never, and would encourage others to never, take anyone up on this kind of offer.  The fact that the word "idea" is included tells me that this is probably an amateur writer looking for someone else's work to pinch from.

No offense to the guy (kid?) if he's on the up and up -- and if he is, this is the entirely wrong way to go about looking for a script when there are so many legitimate sources out there which specialize in aspiring screenwriters looking to secure their first credit -- but this whiffs of shady to me.

Sorry for the late reply. We are serious about finding a script. If you guys can suggest those legitimate sources, I will gladly look there.

We haven't sourced a script online before, hence the 'amateurishness' in going about finding a good script. Sorry.. And thanks!

No script but here is an idea:
A socially awkward young man hears from a friend that if you drill a hole in a cantaloupe and slightly warm it in the microwave it makes for a good girlfriend. So the desperate guy tries it and falls in love. Over time instead of rotting the cantaloupe (he has hidden under his bed) begins to absorb his genetic material and become alive. After eating the house cat it gets a taste for flesh. It soon escapes his room and goes on a killing spree. Culminating with a showdown where the young man pleas to the cantaloupe that if it still loves him too to stop the killing and come to him, which it does and he smashes it with a tear in his eye.

Last edited by swollenguy (2012-04-18 11:20:29)

I'm guessing you won't sell the rights to that unless you can play the cantaloupe! 

Wow...sometimes I amaze myself with my wittiness!  big_smile

No you have to use a real cantaloupe, trust me on this. smile

Check out Simply Scripts.  When you post, be sure to disclose up front that you're an amateur filmmaker looking for material to film.  You'll be asked if there will be pay either up front or deferred; you'll be asked the budget; you'll be asked about credit; you'll be asked about distribution and/or showing of the finished product.

Just be up front and straight with folks in regard to your intentions and resources. 

http://www.simplyscripts.com

^ No love for the cantaloupe idea?

I was with it at first -- the idea of a guy falling in love with a cantaloupe has a lot of comedic potential -- but I think I'd have the twist be that the cantaloupe gets pregnant. big_smile

If the cantaloupe somehow had a baby honeydew melon, now that would be scandalous!

A friend suggested what if after the guy smashes it, birds disperse the seeds causing A Cantaloupe Apocalypse!

swollenguy wrote:

A friend suggested what if after the guy smashes it, birds disperse the seeds causing A Cantaloupe Apocalypse!

What about a sequel " Revenge Of The Cantaloupe" where the friends of the cantaloupe that met it's end in the original , plan a revenge on the guy. they go round persuading over fruits to join up to make  fruit  " Sex Doll"  that will act like a "wooden horse" and when the man is totally taken in and takes the doll to his home, they can have a grisly revenge! make sure the doll has a couple of big melons ! phhhhhhooooooaaaarrrrr!  i think i'm going to have to lie down hmm

swollenguy wrote:

No script but here is an idea:
A socially awkward young man hears from a friend that if you drill a hole in a cantaloupe and slightly warm it in the microwave it makes for a good girlfriend. So the desperate guy tries it and falls in love. Over time instead of rotting the cantaloupe (he has hidden under his bed) begins to absorb his genetic material and become alive. After eating the house cat it gets a taste for flesh. It soon escapes his room and goes on a killing spree. Culminating with a showdown where the young man pleas to the cantaloupe that if it still loves him too to stop the killing and come to him, which it does and he smashes it with a tear in his eye.

I have already pre ordered my movie tickets!!

d2r wrote:

Sorry for the late reply. We are serious about finding a script. If you guys can suggest those legitimate sources, I will gladly look there.

We haven't sourced a script online before, hence the 'amateurishness' in going about finding a good script. Sorry.. And thanks!

Out of curiosity...who are you? Do you have any type of personal profile that shows who you really are??? That would go a Long way in my book.

Thank you LoudLon! Will check that site. Will also try and post a profile of our company soon. Cheers!

@Swollen- go pitch your cantaloupe idea to Troma.  Hell, they made a movie about a sentient alien Ron Jeremy penis.  (No, really, they did)

SNOWMAN

WG1229585

LOG LINE

During a blizzard, security personnel become isolated from the outside, and slain one by one by a psychopath.

SYNOPSIS   

After being accepted into the New Jersey State Police, Patrick Devilin is facing his finale months as a security Sergeant, at a central New Jersey Amusement Park. With the first winter storm approaching,  Devilin, with four other security officers, prepare to ride out the storm, while on duty.
After nightfall, the storm begins to unleash its fury, a white cloaked mad man slips into the park. As he begins to implement his plans to hunt the security staff down, the Amusement Park losses power and contact with the outside.
As the storm intensives it’s strength, Devilin continues his duties, while the other security officers are hunted down, methodically, and slain one by one. When Devilin finds the first victims body, he fears for his girlfriend, who is isolated by herself in the center of the park. Making his way back to save her, and the others, he finds himself being hunted.     
As a white camouflaged sword wielding psychopath hunts him through the vacant Amusement Park, Devilin use’s his surroundings to escape certain death. When he reaches Randolph, both must attempt to make it to safety, and take refuge inside a fortress park attraction. They are discovered by their hunter, and forced to climb up into the towering structure. Devilin clash’s swords and his skill’s against his attacker, and defeats his faceless nemesis.

^^
Well, that was something different and unexpected.  lol

I have an idea for a play I'm working on.  Because I'm also writing a novel and didn't think that was pretentious enough!