Topic: HM Movie Night #15- Comedy Horror - 7/28/2012

Ah, most likely the last Movie Night before HorrorFest 2012.  There are some differences this time (I'm doing an experiment due to requests), so make sure to at least skim the bold parts.

HM Movie Night #15- Comedy Horror

Skype convo name-  HM Movie Night #15 - Comedy Horror

Date:  Saturday, July 28th, 2012

Movies & Times (US Eastern/Euro GMT time):
See below for explanation of the odd times

THE REASON FOR THOSE ODD TIMES is that some people have requested some extra time between films to discuss the film in various aspects.  Such as plot, dialogue, cinematography, etc.  This is an experiment, so we'll see how it goes.

How we do this:
We use Skype (free) in text and voice chat mode.  We can't handle full video chat.  Also, it's helpful if you have a microphone separate from your speaker, earphones, or a full headset- t's not fun listening to feedback loops or someone piping their movie directly into a mic.  If there is a problem and you don't fix it, I'll kick you from the convo.

For new people, after you register a Skype account, go to the "Register your Skype name" thread and post it.  It would also be useful if you PM me on HM and/or send a 'Contact Request' via Skype to  azathoth1945  BEFORE the 28th.  If you try to get in for the first time during the Movie Night, you'll have problems.  And sorry, I'm not rebooting the entire conversation in the middle.   Downloading & installing Skype, registering a name, and posting/letting me know shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes.

I set up the initial conversation on Skype, and invite the regulars so they will automatically be called in.  New or less frequent attendees I may have to call in after they log into Skype, but that is no big deal.

Other important stuff:
This will be a RECORDED EVENT, so behave your manners.  This will be put up for podcast later, so you have been warned, and if you don't want that don't talk  (Text is not recorded).  Now this is an adult event, so I'm not asking anything special.  Just no bashing of other people on the convo, no discussion of your Tuesday "pig love" night, etc.  Basically, follow HM's rules, especially #1- Respect.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to post them here or PM me.  I hope for a nice turnout this time; a bunch of movies that have the action and humor to keep the talking going.

Hope to see you there!
-Azzy

Last edited by azathoth (2012-07-15 23:25:17)

Re: HM Movie Night #15- Comedy Horror - 7/28/2012

What if I dont want to behave? what if.....now follow me with this one....What if I want to let Toby run a muck? You know how he can be wink

^^
Pets are exempt, of course!  big_smile

wow yo uare fast.....

^^
Just lucky timing, I guess. 

Standard monkey bump, here.

9 days...

I'll likely be there, but I'm not sure how this shitty DSL's going to handle it.  I might stick with texting at first just to see if it holds up.  I have two of the three flicks on DVD; I'll have to re-download Tucker & Dale.

7 Days....

(ooh, that sounded spooky)

azathoth wrote:

^^
Pets are exempt, of course!  big_smile

remember when Sparky contributes with her famous whinging. that's one loud pussy!

I've sorted a babysitter out and have the whole weekend dan free ( so no drunken phonecalls this time ) so I'm officially there. smile will be getting myself some popcorn and chicken crisps to celebrate the event. How do you record it azzy by the way? Just out of interest.

^^
Just the audio off of Skype.  If you want a fell tech breakdown, it's easier if we just do it over SKype- it gets a bit complicated.  And just so you know, full names are never used.  Usually we just go by our nicknames/HM names, but sometimes we let out a first name once in a while.  Didn't want to scare anyone with the whole "you will be recorded" thing, but if I don't tell everyone that's like a federal charge in every country.
And I don't like jail.  lol

I don't care who says my name over Skype so long as they say it spelled correctly.

Azzy calls me crispy anyway haha. I'm not bothered about my name being mentioned. Aslong as its all good things of course! big_smile really quite excited for it now.

^^
4 days...

I know! Eee 3 days til dan goes away rather happy about that!

Aw, why can't this be on a Friday?

^^
Experience has shown Fridays are not a good day for Movie Nights.  But hey, we can do an impromptu one anyway.  If you want to watch some of the movies a day early, works for me.

I might be able to pop in and watch the 7:30 movie with you.

3 days....

Three days?  'Til what? 

What, man?

What?  What's in three days?  Shit, the world's going to end, isn't it?  Just tell me.  Tell me.  C'mon, man, say something!  Three days till what?  WHAT?  WHAT HAPPENS?  WHAT HAPPENS IN THREE --

Oh yeah.  Movie night.  Cool beans.

29 hours....

@Lon- would have been better if you had pulled that on the "7 days..."  post.  big_smile

I've promised I would show you folks what Ziggy looks like when I'm running movie night.  So I took a pic.

https://sites.google.com/site/vervemonkeyproject/Home/images/web-images/Movie_Night_example.png

i'll be away on holiday for a week tomorrow Bryan on the " English Riviera" in Dawlish In Devon not far from Torquay but you know i wish you all the best tomorrow night smile. all of you good folks have fun and see ya when i get back. i'll finish my series of posts when get back and  i have a few other ideas that i may do and if you're really lucky i'll post some pictures of me naked on holiday smile
what do you mean  Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! :I

^^
Thanks Wolfy!  You just go have a fun time, relax the hell out, and we'll be here when you get back.

azathoth wrote:

I've promised I would show you folks what Ziggy looks like when I'm running movie night.  So I took a pic.

https://sites.google.com/site/vervemonkeyproject/Home/images/web-images/Movie_Night_example.png

Mother of God that's a lot of windows open.