Topic: Real life "Final Destination"

It's all just fun & games in a horror film until it really happens.

Not sure if everyone knows, but about a month ago here in Toronto (Canada) there was a gang related shooting in a crowded downtown shopping mall. One of the girls caught in the melee, and who survived the bullet spray, was one of the people killed in the Colorado theater massacre this week. That is just too Final Destination-freaky for words.

Last edited by Bunshinsaba (2012-07-21 20:16:12)

Re: Real life "Final Destination"

When TDKR comes to mind, I'm sure the shooting massacre will be the first thing to remembered. Why is it that Nolan's Batman movies associate with tragedy? We lose Heath Ledger and his death coincides with TDK and this massacre will be associated with TDKR. It's like the Batman movies are bad luck..

BamaMan is talking about Jessica Ghawi/Redfield.  Only reason I caught the name was because she was a hockey reporter, and it was mentioned on one of the sports sites.  Even weirder, she is friends with a former writer for my local paper, and was the last person she Tweeted to.  Apparently, Jessica had to talk her boyfriend into going opening night.

RIP all the victims, and get well soon all those wounded.  Soon enough this scumball will be facing his eternal reckoning.

Last edited by azathoth (2012-07-21 21:50:50)

This was on The Sun Newspaper  yesterday.  that was crazy as main story.

Remind me of that women who died in car crash after missing a plane that blew up after 7 days before.

I know read that somewhere before

And that guy who had his face ripped off also was threatend by a mugger once too. It just goes to show how screwed up the world really is.

It all makes me wonder if there really is a life plan laid out for us, and if we can ever avoid death. I lean towards believing everything is meant to be, and everything is already out there in the ether, nothing we can do can change it. Not to excuse the person who did this, or indeed anyone who commits atrocities like it, I'm just saying this is another of those things that makes you think if it's your time you can't get away from it.

See if I can grab your attention HQ.

Did you see the posts for Ace's Gun Town night, tonight?  It'll be real late for you and I don't know your work plans, but if wanted to show up I'll stick you on the pre-invite list.

azathoth wrote:

See if I can grab your attention HQ.

Did you see the posts for Ace's Gun Town night, tonight?  It'll be real late for you and I don't know your work plans, but if wanted to show up I'll stick you on the pre-invite list.

Can you point me to the post too azzy x

^^
Here's one- you'll have to scroll up a bit.

Here's the other, you may need to scroll up.

Hey Azzy, I haven't seen it but I will definitely try and check in, I'm at work insanely early tomorrow but I need a good catch up and film night!!!