Topic: Prometheus ***Spoilers***

I wanted to create a Thred where we can discuss Prometheus freely...Only read this thread if you have only watched the film!!!!  You have been warned!!!

Re: Prometheus ***Spoilers***

I have many questions about this movie....

1- What was the Engineer doing at the beginning of the movie?  Was he creating life on Earth?

2- Why did they pick Guy Pearce to play an elderly man? 

3- The movie seemed to pose more questions than answer them.  Is Ridley Scott planning a new Trilogy of films before Alien?

4- The engineer that is found at the beginning of Alien is not the one that was found alive so obviously Alien takes place in another Engineer ship.

5-  Why would the Engineers create man only to destroy them?  Did they find man too barbaric?

oh man, I know I was warned by who cares, I need to see this although I boycott theaters.

I believe Ridley Scott is planning a new trilogy, and I also believe that the Engineer (Space Jockey) at the beginning sacrificed his life to create new life by spreading his DNA.

Perhaps humans became too advanced or they spread too much hate with war etc?

I totally understand the Guy Pearce thing, I couldn't take him seriously, looked like he had egg on his face.

I went in with many questions but came out with even more questions! Ha, I love it!

I hated the battle between those two beasties near the end, looked like something from a Godzilla vs. movie. But, I loved the outcome! Totally stoked for more.

I'm also curious as to why David infected that dude (forgot his name) I didn't think an android had jealousy or emotions, unless he was told to do so by someone else?

I'd be very surprised if there isn't a sequel.

Deth_Banger wrote:

I believe Ridley Scott is planning a new trilogy, and I also believe that the Engineer (Space Jockey) at the beginning sacrificed his life to create new life by spreading his DNA.

I totally understand the Guy Pearce thing, I couldn't take him seriously, looked like he had egg on his face.

I went in with many questions but came out with even more questions! Ha, I love it!

I hated the battle between those two beasties near the end, looked like something from a Godzilla vs. movie. But, I loved the outcome! Totally stoked for more.

I'm also curious as to why David infected that dude (forgot his name) I didn't think an android had jealousy or emotions, unless he was told to do so by someone else?

I couldn't figure out why David would infect him either.  Unless the old man told him to do it.  I think we are going to learn more about Guy Pearce's character in the next film.  Perhaps david will playback some memories of him when he was younger?

DirtyGirl wrote:
Deth_Banger wrote:

I couldn't figure out why David would infect him either.  Unless the old man told him to do it.  I think we are going to learn more about Guy Pearce's character in the next film.  Perhaps David will playback some memories of him when he was younger?

It seemed to me the stuff in vases was meant as a weapon.
Could it be David was in contact with someone else at Weyland interested to see what it's affect on humans would be as a biological weapon?
If you remember in Aliens Michael Riser's character wanted the alien to study it's possibility as a weapon.

hellrat wrote:
DirtyGirl wrote:
Deth_Banger wrote:

I couldn't figure out why David would infect him either.  Unless the old man told him to do it.  I think we are going to learn more about Guy Pearce's character in the next film.  Perhaps David will playback some memories of him when he was younger?

It seemed to me the stuff in vases was meant as a weapon.
Could it be David was in contact with someone else at Weyland interested to see what it's affect on humans would be as a biological weapon?
If you remember in Aliens Michael Riser's character wanted the alien to study it's possibility as a weapon.

That's a very good point.  I am sure it was some sort biogical weapon that changes lifeforms.  The worms turned into giant snake like creatures after being exposed to it.

^^
My first thought on seeing the snake like creatures was the facehuggers from Alien.
Could the snake like creatures be an early form of the F.H.'s?

^^ I Think you're pretty spot on there.

Another question that has been nagging my noggin is, what happened to Fifield (Sean Harris), he had one of those worm things go inside him, but we never seen the outcome of that.

Deth_Banger wrote:

Another question that has been nagging my noggin is, what happened to Fifield (Sean Harris), he had one of those worm things go inside him, but we never seen the outcome of that.

Oh yeah, good point.  Maybe he will have a different type of Alien.

DirtyGirl wrote:
Deth_Banger wrote:

Oh yeah, good point.  Maybe he will have a different type of Alien.

Perhaps he is on board the 2nd ship headed for the engineers home planet.

^ I thought they discovered him dead and the worm thing jumped outta him and took off?

Im still not 100% sure of this, it was pretty far out in left field and im not sure what I even thought of it yet.

Guy Pearce appeared without the shoddy make-up in the viral TED talks as a younger Weyland. I only found out about those after I'd seen the movie, and if that's the only reason they cast him instead of using an older actor, I'm kind of disappointed. Unless Pearce makes another appearance as an android looking like Weyland or something.

I did enjoy it, most of all because of the visuals. Instead of answering questions there was an unnecessary amount of new questions created which can only be explained by more sequels to this prequel (which I'm okay with, but I thought Prometheus would hold its own).