Topic: POLL: Deadliest Horror Movie Warrior ROUND 26

Back when I first got the idea for DHMW, and began the process of figuring out which  characters to include, my biggest concern was lop-sided matches.  I didn't want there to be a clear and easy choice for any of the fights, because I didn't thank that would be any fun.  So when I made up the fight schedule, I went out of my way to ensure that every bout featured a pair of fighters who were as evenly matched as I could possibly make them.

And I think I've succeeded this week, because they just don't get any more evenly matched than these two rotten rumblers...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/Bub.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/VS.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/BigDaddy.jpg

It's a fight to the (figurative) death between the two smartest zombies to ever munch a gut.  Who wins?  Cast your vote and decide.  But first...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before voting, please remember THE RULES:

1. Vote objectively for who you think is deadlier.  This is not a popularity contest.

2. Please be sure to comment below to explain why you came to your decision.  Those who do so, your votes will count as FIVE POINTS

Those who do not, or those whose explanations are in regards to the character's popularity rather than an objective comparing of the characters' abilities (see rule #1), your vote will only count as ONE POINT.

3. Voting will be open for seven days, at which time I'll post the results.

Have fun, and vote responsibly. smile

Re: POLL: Deadliest Horror Movie Warrior ROUND 26

Bump.

Be sure to post your thoughts along with your votes.  It's happened before that one character gets more votes but loses on points to the character who gets less votes, but more responses.  Just sayin'. smile

As much as I hate to admit it, I think Big Daddy could take out good ol' Bub.  Bub was a pretty docile fellow under the right circumstances and genuinely expressed sorrow when he discovered that Dr. Frankenstein was dead (prompting a mission of revenge).

Big Daddy, however, is fueled by rage against mankind for their treatment of his undead brothers and sisters, so much that he launches a full scale siege agains the inhabitants of Fiddler's Green!  Not the zombie to be messed with...

^^ Yeah, that. I was just going to post about Bub being too docile to take Big Daddy. And it hurts me to say that because I like Bub and Day is certainly a better movie than Land.

Ms.Gorefiend wrote:

^^ Yeah, that. I was just going to post about Bub being too docile to take Big Daddy. And it hurts me to say that because I like Bub and Day is certainly a better movie than Land.

I'd be rooting for Bub to pick up the surprise win.  Perhaps Big Daddy's rage would cause him to make a mistake that our insightful and educated Bub could take advantage of.  Then again, being as both these guys can competently wield a gun, it might just come down to who can score the first headshot.

Now there's some analysis for you big_smile

Although both of these rotting zombies are able to wield a gun, and have the ability to effectively use it.  The match comes down to hand-to-hand combat...

Ten days have passed since the outbreak, and zombies have now taken over the world. Amongst the hordes of undead, two leaders have emerged. Good ol' Bub & Big Daddy. Both Bub and BD want/need the same thing for the masses of their bretheren of zombies. More flesh and brains, but supplies are becoming limited. BD has a plan. Teach the horde how to hunt effectively.   Bub has a different view. Bub wants to round up the remaining humans like cattle, and slaughter them as needed.

ol' Bub and Big Daddy square off against each other in the slowest fight to date. Not to say that the fight isn't brutal, but rigor mortis sure can slow a zombies mind and reflexes down.

BD is a brute and knows how to use his size and stature to his advantage. BD lurches towards Bub, grabs his left arm, and rips it off his body. BD takes a bite outta Bub's arm, then tosses it into the crowd of zombies. Bub is unfazed by the missing arm of his, and appears more amused than anything. BD attacks again. This time BD goes for the throat. Bub, gives BD a confused look... grabs BD by the ears, then kicks BD in the nuts. BD slinks to the ground, holding his nut sack. Bub finds his torn off limb and repeatedly slams it against BD's head, beating his face to a bloody pulp.

Winner: Bub.

Last edited by Underdog (2012-07-26 15:27:37)

Bub seems a lot more calculated than BD. Sure BD managed to round up some zombies to kick some ass but Bub seems like the kind of zombie that ambushes you from the darkness, says "I'm sorry" but has to shoot you in the face anyway.

Nice and gruesome, Undie, just the way we like it. big_smile

The feeding thing is something I actually hadn't considered when putting together this match.  Both are obvious mutations in that they're both more "intelligent" than the the rest of the zombie nation.  But Bub still possesses the instinctive desire to feed, while I don't recall ever seeing Big Daddy take a bite out of anyone.

Not that I think it would have an effect on the outcome.  Hell, just getting the two to fight in the first place would be a challenge.  They'd likely look at one another, grunt "'Sup?" and go on about their business.

But now I'm just undermining myself.  We don't need an excuse to get characters fighting, we'll just continue to assume that they will. big_smile

LoudLon wrote:

Nice and gruesome, Undie, just the way we like it. big_smile

The feeding thing is something I actually hadn't considered when putting together this match.  Both are obvious mutations in that they're both more "intelligent" than the the rest of the zombie nation.  But Bub still possesses the instinctive desire to feed, while I don't recall ever seeing Big Daddy take a bite out of anyone.

Not that I think it would have an effect on the outcome.  Hell, just getting the two to fight in the first place would be a challenge.  They'd likely look at one another, grunt "'Sup?" and go on about their business.

But now I'm just undermining myself.  We don't need an excuse to get characters fighting, we'll just continue to assume that they will. big_smile

I foresee them settling it over a chinese food buffet

Nice Lon!  Glad to see the matches back!
This is a tough one.  On the one hand Bub is pretty docile as far as zombies go, but he was also uber protective of the doctor, going off in a rage when he is killed.  Big Daddy seems pretty bad ass, but he also showed compasion towards his undead bretheren, and there is the fact that he sauntered off meekly after Fiddlers Green had been overrun.  They both learned how to use weapons, but I think that Big Daddy showed the ability to comand and lead the undead in their raid.  So I am going to have to go with Big Daddy on this one.

Okay, peoples.  You've got about seven hours to get your votes in if you haven't already.  Next round will be posted at around 7pm EST tonight.  So which one of you is going to be the tie-breaker? smile

I love Bub way more than Big Daddy, but! as it states in rule number one in DHMW, this is not a popularity contest.

Big Daddy would kick Bub's ass. While Bub is passive, BD is fierce. While Bub has a pistol, BD has a machine gun. While Bub isn't exactly built, BD is a huge. Despite about the same level in intelligence, I think Big Daddy has the advantage in this fight, and so my vote goes to him.

No offense, Bub. We love you.

Okie doke.  I'm a couple hours late, but I'll make up a good excuse later. big_smile

Voting is officially over.  The results:

Bub:
Total Votes -- 3
Justified votes -- 2 x 5 pts each = 10 pts
Non-Justified votes -- 1 x 1 pt each = 1 pt
Total points: 11

Big Daddy:
Total Votes -- 4
Justified Votes -- 4 x 5 pts each = 20 pts
Total points: 20

Winner: BIG DADDY

Thanks to all who participated.  Keep an eye out for Round 27, which will be up directly. smile