Topic: Indiana Jones

(I did a search to see if a thread for the series was here and didn't see it, if there is already one by all means merge this with it)

Any fans of the series here? I've been a huge fan since I was a kid and I still love the series, among my all-time favorite movies. I enjoy all of them, even the much-maligned Crystal Skull, and at the risk of sounding blasphemous my personal favorite is actually Temple Of Doom. I love how dark and ominous it is compared to the others and I like that it was different from Raiders but just as thrilling. But all four are great fun. I'd rank my favorites like this:

Temple Of Doom
Raiders Of The Lost Ark
The Last Crusade
Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull

I rotate between TLC and KOTCS though, in some ways I prefer KOTCS to TLC but TLC is one I grew up with, so out of nostalgia bias I sort of marginally rank it ahead of KOTCS. But as I said I enjoy them all very much in their own way, a great series.

Re: Indiana Jones

aaaaaaggggghhhhh i like its entertaining luike fuk// but if i ha a mnig jonir il iake the meat  thats just me wheres dead id eat het meat

I'm not quite sure I understand what you just said... ?

Jigsaw wrote:

I'm not quite sure I understand what you just said... ?

really? he couldn't be any plainer than that! wink

Looks more like gibberish.

I used to love this series when i was like 14/15. Still enjoyable to watch them though. I like how some of the baddies meet a horror movie vibe end – face melting etc

In order- 1, 3, 2, 4

Temple of Doom is good but overall I think Raiders is still by far the best in the series.  I didn't like Last Crusade or Crystal Skull at all.

I loved the first. The second one wasn't as good, but I still loved it. I liked the third okay and the last one not at all.

I like the old ones but very much disliked the new CGI-tastic ones. Really quite silly.

I didn't think the fourth one was that bad. It was just fun seeing Indy back in action after so long for me.

I also forgot to ask what's everyone's favorite action scene in the saga? I've always loved the mine cart chase in Temple Of Doom, still one of the most thrilling sequences I've seen in any movie.

Temple is one of the greatest movies ever.  Raiders is the 2nd best in the series.  Not a fan of the other two.

Pleasantly surprised to see Temple Of Doom so far gets a lot of love here. It always gets bashed and hated on everywhere else, so it's refreshing to finally see it respected somewhere.

Absolutley loved this series except the newest one..For me Shitty Lapoof ruined it horribly..Sorry to all the Shia LaBeouf fans out there

Jigsaw wrote:

I also forgot to ask what's everyone's favorite action scene in the saga? I've always loved the mine cart chase in Temple Of Doom, still one of the most thrilling sequences I've seen in any movie.

The fight with the big bald Nazi by the plane in Raiders.  Love that scene!  And the chase scene where Indy climbs up the front of the truck from underneath, of course.

Just something I find amusing: I remember seeing a spotlight for the flick on Entertainment Tonight back when I was a kid, and it showed a clip of Harrison Ford actually stapling on his hat in that scene. lol

I love the truck chase in Raiders as well, also the bridge showdown in TOD. I miss those crazy, inventive action scenes old-school adventure movies had back then.

In TOD...The antidote being kicked around the dance floor.  Then the mad dash outta there. 

The pig brain part.  The spiders and other crawlers in that crevice Jones had to put his hand in to free them.

So many in that movie!

Also forgot to mention all four movies are coming to Blu-ray in a set next month on September 18th. Can't wait to pick it up, I'm sure all four will look tremendous in HD.

Hey why all the hate for the third film. Thats my favourite one of the original trilogy. S.Connery is awesome. Id go with this order of preference.

Most people I know of love the third movie. Ask people anywhere what their favorite Indiana Jones movie is and most will either say Raiders or The Last Crusade.

Did you ever see the fourth one, Vasquez?

Blu-ray set details.

I read that next month Raiders will get an IMAX re-release, can't wait. I'd love to see it in theaters and I think a theater not far from me shows IMAX movies.

Sadly my theater didn't get the IMAX re-release and the nearest one that's showing it is quite far from me sad No theaters near me had the recent theatrical marathon, either.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_makqq7ejES1rn4f0no1_500.jpg
So happy to finally get this on Blu!!!!