Topic: 2012 Olympics

I figured that some of us may watch the Olympics, so here is the thread to post you thoughts, your taunts, your predictions, and your victory dances.

I fully expect the US to take the Gold in Men's Football this Olympics.  big_smile
I fully expect to watch much women's diving, swimming, and perhaps track & field. 
I fully expect that at least one monkey will roam free throughout the crowds, and I deny any knowledge of his name.**

Have fun, and don't forget to vote in the poll!

** (It's Jimmy)
https://sites.google.com/site/vervemonkeyproject/Home/images/web-images/Jimmy_arrest.jpg

Re: 2012 Olympics

Will be cheering on Tom Daley and his little blue speedos on myself! Looking forward to the boxing, diving, gymnastics and mens 100 metre sprint big_smile

Heard on the radio while out driving yesterday that there's already been some controversy in the '12 Olympics.  Something about them inadvertently flying the South Korean flag for North Korea. 

Yeah, you go ahead and piss off a communist nation with a massive supply of nuclear weapons.  That's always a good idea. lol

I'm more of a X-Games kinda guy, but the Olympics are pretty cool too. I look forward to watching the gymnasts and track& field events.

I think....

M. Phelps will win at least 5 medals? 4 Gold.

^^
7 events.  Unless his team fails on the team swims, I say 7 medals.  5 gold.  Even Bobo the Nuclear Knife Monkey is scared of this beast.

I'm looking forward to the decathlon. Always been a favorite event of mine and also our guy from team USA this year beat the world record and he's only 21! Absolutely fierce.

sorry but i won't be watching and won't miss it one bit! on holiday first week and i'm off the second week but won't be watching any of it. the fact it's over here is pretty  bad and the fact  we'll be paying for it for years  in taxes also don't help sad   
also work for a main sponser of the bloody thing!  blurrrrrrrggggggghhhhhh! as Jack Nicholson said " I'd rather stick needles in my eyes".

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2012-07-26 14:59:56)

I'm kinda liking this show.  Less fancy BS (so far), none of the fancy foo-foo that France did.

I could rock a stovepipe hat.

This might end up being a running commentary.  Doing a rememberance of WWI.  That was cool.

I'm loving this.  The music is rockin'.

Ahhh, UFOs!  lol

That was great.  Well done, London, well done.

Last edited by azathoth (2012-07-27 19:17:34)

Just went to Victoria park wit my family and watched the opening ceremony on the big screen live. AMAZING!

Last edited by Vasquez (2012-07-28 03:42:42)

Any of the Brits here catch that fireworks show in person?? Holy Crap!

Oooh, live women's beach volleyball at 4AM!  Sweeet.

Yeah them fireworks were amazing i watched them in Victoria park.

^^
Me jealous.

Whoa- Phelps just got barely got the 8th spot in the 400 IM finals!

azathoth wrote:

Whoa- Phelps just got barely got the 8th spot in the 400 IM finals!

He was sandbagging. big_smile

Does anyone else find the women's gymnastic balance beam just freakin' sadistic?

azathoth wrote:

Does anyone else find the women's gymnastic balance beam just freakin' sadistic?

I bloody hated ballance beam when I used to do it. Torturous and even more so since watching FD5! wink

I'm really loving the gymnastics this year. Our boys have been on top form in the group stages. The Japanese are just too agile! Womens rythmic on the 9th so super excited about that! Daley is gonna be solo diving for us on the weekend so wishing him all the best of luck especially after that little shite on twitter. Shame about the match fixing scandal in the tennis pairs. Shocking!

^^ Is it the badminton team your referring to? Prety sad when you feel you have to  "cheat,"  in the Olympics of all places, just to try to get an edge on winning a higher  medal. Must have been pretty obvious. " Dumb-asses!"

^^
From what I've read, it was so obvious that the crowd was booing them.

Oh my, women's beach volleyball.  US vs. Spain.  This would be the perfect time for a slobbering smilie.

I apologize to all our women HM members for my blatant sexism.

azathoth wrote:

Oh my, women's beach volleyball.  US vs. Spain.  This would be the perfect time for a slobbering smilie.

I apologize to all our women HM members for my blatant sexism.

No apologies here. Watching Spain vs USA, and that gal Liliana from Spain, her bikini bottoms are... cheeky.  smile

* That was one hell of a tight scoring match to watch. The USA had to really dig deep to win it.

Last edited by Underdog (2012-08-02 13:00:59)

Underdog wrote:

^^ Is it the badminton team your referring to? Prety sad when you feel you have to  "cheat,"  in the Olympics of all places, just to try to get an edge on winning a higher  medal. Must have been pretty obvious. " Dumb-asses!"

Oh yes sorry I meant badminton. It's a real shame that there has to be cheating going on at such a major event. Theres competitiveness there but everyone is in good spirits its nice seeing teams from other countries shaking hands and cheering other teams on. It's all fun as well as for medals. But on the up note, britain are suddenly doing very well. Gutted about the disqualification in the cycling this afternoon though but nice hearing our national anthem being played more today.

I came across this rather insightful and funny article from a guy who first watch the Olympic opening ceremonies live, and then what NBC aired.  He compared and contrasted, and while a bit edgy, I found it well done and funny.

I got (all of them women) rhythmic gymnastics, field hockey, and football.   Should I pull a Wolfy and masturbate frantically or just fall asleep from boredom?

(Love ya Wolfy, but you are one horny dude)

I don't have cable at the moment so I've been DLing events a day late.  Just saw the women's vault finals.  HUGE upset.  The favorite, an American who landed (but wasn't awarded, for some reason) a perfect 10-pt vault last year stumbled on her second vault today and ended up losing the gold to Romania by mere thousandths of a point.  Felt bad for her, but felt happy for the Romanian chick.