Re: Silent Hill 2.

If IMDB is to be believed then SH 2 is in post production and slated to be released sometime next year.

I would like to see it, I loved the first movie.

Looks like the release date is Oct. 26 2012.
http://www.movienewz.com/silent-hill-revelation-3d/#

^ I hope this one lives up to the original, pretty stoked. Is there a trailer yet?

^^
I haven't seen any.

This one is high on my upcoming movie list, and I think it'll surpass the orig.

I have kinda a love/hate relationship with the Silent Hill. It was certainly creepy, but really weird. Though I've never actually played the games, so I can't say much.

Last edited by ispydork (2012-06-20 09:49:39)

The first film was a horrible mash up of the first and second game.
On the bright side, Sean Bean is old enough to be Heather's Dad now, lol.

Last edited by shwingityshwonshwei (2012-07-11 08:22:18)

I didn't think much of it but I watched it such a long time ago. Might change my oppinion on second watch

I just watched the trailer im not sure how I feel about it. I cant wait to see it of course but ti doesnt look as scary as the first did. The first scared me so bad I couldnt watch it alone in the middle of the day so I hope this one os the same way.

I think it looks friggin fantastic!
1. I have never played the games all the way through so I can't compare or comment, but I'm not a gamer really at all and also they freaking scare the crap out of me. But whe n Ido play games I like the scary ones big_smile. Or getting my ass kicked by my brother in Halo or Call of Duty. I don't play games alone really, not anymore.
2. I LOVED the first film, it was the first movie that actually scared me so that I had to cover my eyes (even if it was only a minute or so of it...I didn't cover my eyes for a minute, but I wanted to). The atmosphere is perfect and it is key for this one and I hope so bad that they got it right. It looks like they did, but the cgi looks a tad shotty, even still I can't wait.
I don't think it will be better, but hopefully it will be just as good. Now that I know more about Silent Hill (as a series) and have seen more from it I don't think it will scare me the same, but if they nail that atmosphere from the first, I'm sure to love it.
I was there Day 1 at the theater April 21st 2006, I will be there Day 1 this October 26th!
Last note: I always thought those air horns would be perfect for a horror movie (at the time I had never played silent hill and it was before the movie). Silent Hill uses it perfectly. I wrote way more than I intended too, I am just so damn excited.

At the time the first one came out I wasnt allowed to watch scary movies so I didnt from the time I was around 7 till I was around 15 or 16 and Silent Hill was one of the first ones I watched so if this one can scare me the way the first one did I will love it

Trailer is interesting.  Seems like a mashup of SH4: The Room, with some SH 5-7?  Plus Alessa is back?  I'm down.

Good to see the "nurses" are back.
Quick anecdote.
I did some work at Paul Jones FX workshop for RE:AfterLife and while milling about the shop one day noticed a pile of foam corpses that need to be re-done for the film... behind them carelessly stuffed up against the wall was one of the foam latex nurse outfits/masks, and looking typically screen-used. When I said - to the shop boss - that was no way to treat a Silent Hill nurse outfit.... the guy shook his head at me and laughed.. "Ughh you're such a fan boy."  Anyway, Paul Jones FX did SH2, so I hope some of the nurses get a wee bit more respect this time around. LOL.

Last edited by Bunshinsaba (2012-07-28 13:55:56)

So, I just watched the trailer.  I'm a fan of the first one, though I thought the ending was a bit overblown.  It was a fine, spooky creepfest nonetheless.

Anyway, I think it looks pretty fantastic.  Plenty of ghouls, new and old.  The female lead is a cutey and it's nice to see that they were able to get Sean Bean back, as he's pretty hot actor right now and adds some star power to it.

I'm not crazy about the whole 3D craze and hope goes away soon, BUT I think this is one film that it could work well with.

MistressOf Horror wrote:
MistressOf Horror wrote:

I agree with Lon on his views of the movie..

Im hoping that the sequel will take place in the abandoned amusement park. That was a very creepy setting for the game and Im sure it would be equally creepy in a movie.  I love the game in how you feel you are using a flashlight-walking through a very rotted and haunted place, A place where its not ghostsm but strange, surreal, almost Lovercraftian beings lie in wait.    you just never know what will pop out next

Id like to see something like this :

http://ruinsds.sakura.ne.jp/t_rando/t_rando06.jpg

http://images.wikia.com/silent/images/1/1a/AmusementPark.jpg

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100511100005/silent/images/thumb/0/01/LakesideReal.PNG/320px-LakesideReal.PNG

http://journalofanotaku.com/sh3/09.jpg

http://attachments.conceptart.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=405956&d=1215217273

Based on the trailer you should get at least some of you're wish.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10 … mp;theater

What the whaaaaat?  No Radha Mitchell?

My excitement level just took a nose dive. hmm

Radha Mitchell is in it Lon, I dont know to what extent but she is in it.

Oh.  Well, then.  Excitement level is back up.  Along with something else.  Hey-oh!  Get it?  Eh?  Eh?

Eh...

Ah, phallical humor. You really tried to pack it in didn't you lon?

I've still yet to see the first movie but from what I've heard I might be disappointed in it. Might check em both out at once if possible

^^
A lot of Silent Hill 1 depends on how much of the story you know. As a standalone horror film, it has a bunch of flaws.  But when you couple it with the game/backstory, it has different flaws but makes a lot more sense.  That's my take on it, but I'm furry and ear bananas.

^ huh, I was talking to a dude today about silent hill and he had never watched it. He asked if he needed to play the games to understand what was going on and I told him absolutely not. I never played through all of the games and the movie makes perfect sense to me.

In other words, whatchoo talkin' bout Willis? LOL

^^
Just that you'll view it differently if you'd played the games.  That's all.

As big a fan as I am of the movie, it definitely has its story problems.  The ending is frustratingly ambiguous and the grainy film flashback near the climax left me scratching my head, and I actually HAD played the games. lol

But it's a beautiful movie to look at.  It was art designed to the nth degree and the creatures -- especially the eerily sexy demon nurses and the towering Pyramid Head -- are the stuff of nightmares.

^^
Yep, fluxor that ending; it made zero sense, with or without the game.  I tend to forget about the ending because it's so bad.  If you haven't seen the special features, Lon, the one on the creatures is really good.  Especially with the bathroom creature, the actor was a hoot.