Topic: Why Do You Love the The Lost Boys

There is just something about this movie...

I NEVER get tired of the way the Widescreen version starts.  Almost immediately after you put in the dvd, the creepy ass "Cry Little Sister" starts with just a whisper of two lines.

Corey Haim and Jason Patrick rolling into the Murder capitol of the world, with mother Dianne West.  Obviously the Echo and the Bunnymen cover of the "People are strange"" is effective as hell but the first night scene is just hilarious and awesome at the same time.  The swole ass dude playing the saxophone at the fair on the boardwalk, I can not say enough about the music.  The scene where Jason Patric see's Jami Gertz and song awesome song with "Beauty has her way" in the lyrics is playing as Gertz gets on the Motorcycle of Kiefer Sutherland.

Directed by Joel Schumacher and produced by Richard Donner, I cannot get enough of this damn film and I know I am not the only one...

Why do you love the Lost Boys?

Last edited by PrinceofDarkness (2012-07-30 19:36:51)

Re: Why Do You Love the The Lost Boys

Everything!!

What I love most about it:

1. The soundtrack.  I used to play that cassette tape (yeah, I'm old) all the time when I was sixteen.  Cry Little Sister, I Still Believe, People are Strange, Lost in the Shadows, Good Times, Laying Down the Law...great, great stuff.

2. Jamie Gertz.  Hum-to-the-munnah.

3. The Frog Brothers.  I'm the same age as Haim and Feldman, so they were like peers back then.  I always thought it was so cool that a couple of guys my age were in this great little horror flick.

4. Kiefer Sutherland.  This guy's always been under-rated as an actor.  Granted he doesn't always pick the best projects, but he's always good in them.  And he rocked as David.  I wore my hair punked like his for a year after I saw this flick.  Granted my big sister had to teach me how to do it (lots of gel, tilt your head down and pull all your hair up LOL ).

5. The humor.  "Death by stereo!" "Wait 'til mom finds out!" And Grampa's last line is a howler.

6. Nostalgia.  Being sixteen was a lot of fun, and this flick just sends those memories screaming back.

All that, plus it's one of the best mainstream horror flicks of the 80s.

Pretty much everything. The Soundtrack, the humor, the vampire make up, and the amazing " initiation is over" scene.

Last edited by Suspiria_89 (2012-07-30 22:44:13)

One of my top 5 movies of all time.  I can't even count how many many times I have seen it.  Definitely my favourite movie with Corey Haim in it.  I  loved Jamie's look in this movie when I first saw it and had lots of long gypsy skirts back in the day all because of her.  smile

Last edited by DirtyGirl (2012-07-30 21:42:08)

Everybody above have said it all. I love everything about this movie.

And, now I'm going to watch it again! big_smile

Aw... no love for Grandpa?  He's got some of the best lines!

LoudLon wrote:

1. The soundtrack.  I used to play that cassette tape (yeah, I'm old) all the time when I was sixteen.  Cry Little Sister, I Still Believe, People are Strange, Lost in the Shadows, Good Times, Laying Down the Law...great, great stuff.

3. The Frog Brothers.  I'm the same age as Haim and Feldman, so they were like peers back then.  I always thought it was so cool that a couple of guys my age were in this great little horror flick.

4. Kiefer Sutherland.  This guy's always been under-rated as an actor.  Granted he doesn't always pick the best projects, but he's always good in them.  And he rocked as David.  I wore my hair punked like his for a year after I saw this flick.  Granted my big sister had to teach me how to do it (lots of gel, tilt your head down and pull all your hair up LOL ).

5. The humor.  "Death by stereo!" "Wait 'til mom finds out!" And Grampa's last line is a howler.

6. Nostalgia.  Being sixteen was a lot of fun, and this flick just sends those memories screaming back.

From what Lonnie wrote, I figure he's a couple of years older than me, as I remember a girl on my school bus playing the soundtrack (on cassette, no less) on a friggin' boombox on the way home from school one afternoon.  EVERYONE was about it.  I was in middle school at the time.

As much as we all love Fright Night, Vamp, The Hunger, and all those great 80s vampire movies, The Lost Boys was the movie that made you want to BE a vampire.  The tagline says it all.  This movie and my discovery of Anne Rice's original Vampire Chronicles trilogy, sadly but truthfully informed my high school mentality.

I mean, seriously - who doesn't want to be young, sexy, and badass every single night forever?

^^
As long as I don't have to be sparkly.

azathoth wrote:

^^
As long as I don't have to be sparkly.

Being sparkly is not cool anywhere, ever.  Wearing leather, hanging out at midways, riding motorcycles, playing chicken on railroad bridges, and being obnoxiously douchey to the tune of an 80s soundtrack is where it's at.

Maxwell wrote:

From what Lonnie wrote, I figure he's a couple of years older than me...

<<< 41 in October. hmm

LoudLon wrote:

word.

LOVE this movie.. for all the reasons Lon wrote.

and love the dinner scene " Does it burn ? " 

The cool underground hideout  with the awesome DOORS poster

Kiefer Sutherland  rocked that role

Santa Cruz baby !!  ( er.. Santa Clara in the movie )   I remember  when they filmed it.. My friends and I stood in line with the extras to go eat and then got scared they would find out we snuck on set ..so we basically worked for that meal.. I think you might see the top of our heads in the carosuel opening scene.  lol

every time I go to the boardwalk I hear the soundtrack in my head..

Underdog wrote:

http://www.everythingaction.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/20100506-145840-026170.jpg

That is a cool part

^ Actually...yeah...that is a cool part!

Well...I'll just add to the echoes, which are the replies above...Everything.

It was fun, and entertaining, and personable...all while managing to be dark.

Had some cool dudes in it with The Frog Bros and Haim...bad ass dudes with Jason and Kiefer.

Mistress...I must be just a bit younger than ya, and I remember playing the soundtrack on cassette (think I was fourteen-ish)....blasting it.  One of the best ever.

Reasons why I still love The Lost Boys

-the soundtrack
-the humor
-Grandpa's home
-the bonfire party massacre
-the supper scene/vampire test - funny
-Corey Haim singing and playing with the bubbles while taking a bath - so silly lol
-the saxophone guy
-Alex Winter as Marco
-the actor with the long black hair as the vampire who blows up from being arrowed to the stereo system

Ghostseeker wrote:

^ Actually...yeah...that is a cool part!

Well...I'll just add to the echoes, which are the replies above...Everything.

It was fun, and entertaining, and personable...all while managing to be dark.

Had some cool dudes in it with The Frog Bros and Haim...bad ass dudes with Jason and Kiefer.

Mistress...I must be just a bit younger than ya, and I remember playing the soundtrack on cassette (think I was fourteen-ish)....blasting it.  One of the best ever.

I am a couple years older than you Ghostseeker...  (but Im 21 in bunny years)  smile

and underdog.. I REALLY like that part too  wink

^^Wait, you were there when they filmed it?! Actually snuck onto the set?!?!?!?! Now THAT'S bad ass!!!!!

^^^ I was just going to say!

^^Right!!! That would have been so friggin awesome!

Let the great "identify MoH's head in the crowd scene" search begin!

I MUCH prefer Near Dark over Lost Boys. A less praised but superior flick from the same year.

Last edited by Vasquez (2012-07-31 05:15:04)

^^
Another fine film, perhaps you'd want to create a thread for Near Dark?

This and Near Dark were my go to movies in the late 80's. The soundtrack kicked ass. I remember watching it over and over again. I hate to admit, I haven't seen it in years. I'll have to remedy that and watch it soon.

haha whoever posted the picture of the shirtless guy and called it "a cool part."  Do you not find that guy absolutely hilarious??looks like the wrestler Triple H with a sax

No I didn't find him hillarious. It's an awesome song and I love a sax!

I love lost boys because it has everything I love about horror movies. A good storyline, amazing soundtrack, great characters, great looking vampire men (Hellllllloooooo Mr Sutherland!), Corey Heim and Corey Feldman, vicious vampires who are killers, Gorgeous Star who I wanted to be and wore one long earring for months after watching this and made me love my naturally curly hair and a bloody funny final line! I loved the frog brothers and find Corey Feldman brilliant in the part. There's very little to dislike about it. Whenever I need a reminder of the integrity of the vampire race, I put The Lost Boys on to remind me that vampires were once cold blooded killers.