Re: What is your #1 favorite horror flick of all time?

Udo wrote:

Driller Killer

Very misunderstood movie!

@Maxwell. That's why I don't have a BRay player because I don't have a good TV upstairs. We have a Ps3 that plays them but still yet to buy a Bluray disk.

Night of the Living Dead and Dawn of the Dead (originals of course) are a tie for me.

azathoth wrote:

@Max- No B-Rays won't play in DVD players because the laser in DVD players is "too wide."  You can play DVDs in Blu-ray players, though.

Thanks.  I had it backwards, then.

I personally think that Psycho (1960) is the best movie ever made, but because it isn't all that scary except for about three scenes, I can't say it's the best horror movie. I'll probably have to say Halloween (1978) just because it's what really ignited my love for the genre, but there are just so many amazing movies that it's hard to choose which is my favorite.

Apparently I never replied to this thread. I'll go with Nosferatu as my number one pick. Especially the Kino version, just sublime.

"Rosemary's Baby"

I love horror in general, but that one's the best.

Fright Night and The Fog.

Godzilla. Not the 1998 version that butchered Godzilla, the '54 one.

tamina wrote:

Fright Night and The Fog.

The Fogs one of my all time favorites.....

but tmy favorite movie of ALL TIME!!! Hellraiser

Knives4Teeth wrote:

(snip) I don't class Jaws as a horror film.

Thank you. I love Jaws, but a horror film it ain't.

My top 5 of all time:

Blair Witch Project
[REC]
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original)
The Exorcist
Day Of The Dead (original... duh)

Like everyone else, one is so hard to pick and it changes all the time.  That written, if I had to pick just one, right now, I would have to say 28 Days Later.

Only one???

Well it couldn't be anything H3LL really than EVIL DEAD (1981) for me. No doubt possible. Hey it's WAY TOO GROOVY. I'm a hardcore fan of them all. (Yeah, you freaking know I keep saying that but hey, I'll slap this in your face once more) YESSSsss even the REMAKE!!! As good as the first if not better.

H3LL yeah. Jane Levy is my newfound love. lol

Killer Klowns from outer space

Zed_Chuva wrote:
Knives4Teeth wrote:

(snip) I don't class Jaws as a horror film.

Thank you. I love Jaws, but a horror film it ain't.

Standards have changed over the years, but it was definitely a horror film when it was released.

The original Halloween movie.

Have to mention 3 for 3 fundamental reasons.
The Fog because it makes me feel like a kid again, all warm and cosy inside watching a fairytale just made for me.
Aliens because it's the movie that actually scared the crap out of me as a kid.
Night of the Living Dead because it irremediably turned me into an horror freak.

uhhh FIGHT CLUB!!! haha jk

Night of the Living Dead for sure! jus cause it started it all for me, even the remake is the shit,wish they woulda did a sequel on that one...

Alien, The Fog and NOTLD are all excellent choices.  Personally I think The Fog doesn't get anywhere near the respect it deserves.  That flick builds up more suspense and tension in its first fifteen minutes than a lot of horror films do over the course of their entire running time, and you could cut the atmosphere in that movie with a knife.

Apparenty in this thread it actually is getting the respect it deserves. I also really liked the Fog. Great atmopshere.

jrs1991 wrote:

Killer Klowns from outer space

That's a great one. I looove crazy Clowns and in this they are insane Psychos. lol

Hahaha ZOMBZ_40oz_McGurk, Fight Club is not Horror but pretty damn close if you ask me...

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-08-05 06:41:14)

Theli wrote:

Apparenty in this thread it actually is getting the respect it deserves. I also really liked the Fog. Great atmopshere.

the last scene with the decapitation of the priest and his head falling going with the credit song..i think thats how it ends...havent seen it in a looong time..as a kid, the ending left me feeling uneasy....and captivated....

i hated the remake....

DarkMistress wrote:
LoudLon wrote:

The original Dawn of the Dead.  In my opinion it's about as close to the perfect horror movie as you can get.

That is how I feel about The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

It just has EVERYTHING a great horror movie should AND it did not even need "gore" to  scare the pants off people. There was no gore at all. They appealed to our imagination and  the scary background noises/music just made it feel CREEPY during the whole movie!

Also, I just cannot think of  any other actress MORE terrified and more REAL than Marilyn Burns! Man on man!  All that screaming and going out of her mind at the end when she hops in a truck to freedom. She is laughing and crying at the same time and blood red from jumping out the window.
The whole "final" ending had such a SURREAL look to it! smile

Texas Chainsaw is one of the few chainsaw films that i actually liked.  It builds on heart thumping suspense and definitely feeds on inner claustrophobic tendencies to invoke fear. I put the original among my top five along with Night of the Living Dead(original), The Shinning, Evil Dead (original), and my favorite Psycho.   Well i think the avatar pretty much gave that away.  From my picks you can tell that great directors (Hitchcock, Kubrick, Romero, Raimi, and Hooper) often know how to use the camera as a tool to create fear without the the necessity of bloody overkill.

Most scary horror film ever has to be the original Salem's Lot.

But I think the best made horror film ever was the original Omen (1976).

I do not have an all time favorite.

Psycho is a perfect movie. It may not be horror but it stayed with me for days when I first saw it.

If I have to pick one, I'm gonna say Carrie.
It's been my favourite movie since I first saw it in high school.
Love how the unpopular girl who gets picked on, gets revenge by killing everyone big_smile