Topic: THEY'RE NOT ZOMBIES!!!

AAAAARRRGGGHHH!!!  The dumb-asses on Yahoo! Answers are driving me crazy!

Every time someone asks for good zombie movie recommendations, inevitably some yahoo (no pun intended) drops 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later and/or The Crazies.

These are not zombie movies.  At no time in any of these films does an infected person die, return as an animated cadaver and eat the flesh of the living.  Rather, they are humans inflicted with a rage virus which turns them into raging, homicidal maniacs.  Though granted that in The Crazies, the infected aren't quite as raging as those in 28 Days/Weeks.

How many times must it be explained before it sinks in?  I could kill a motherfucker!!!

<--- not infected with a rage virus, just completely frustrated with dumb-asses.

Re: THEY'RE NOT ZOMBIES!!!

I have got into heated 'discusion' with my own friends on this same issue. Infuriates me as much aswell.

Explaining it is like banging your head against the wall. Some people just don't get it.

I'm sooooo not getting sucked into this again.

^^ Oh come on. You know you want to lol

Sorry.  Had to vent.  lol

Ms.Gorefiend wrote:

There was nearly a civil war here last year about this.  Biology, virology, physics, metaphysics, theology, I think I threw out zero-energy quantum, all kinds of stuff was being tossed around for one side or the other.

It was an interesting time.  Our side won, though. big_smile

Whats worst is when u are arguing with someone who has never actually seen the film, admits to being too terrified to watch any horror film but i myself have watched each of these films numerous times and yet he still wont listen to my argument that they aren't technically zombies. Note this specific argument was about 28 Days Later but id bet he'd say the same thing about the others.

azathoth wrote:
Ms.Gorefiend wrote:

There was nearly a civil war here last year about this.  Biology, virology, physics, metaphysics, theology, I think I threw out zero-energy quantum, all kinds of stuff was being tossed around for one side or the other.

It was an interesting time.  Our side won, though. big_smile

As well we should have, being right and all. lol

Monkey + Hillbilly = Victory Pizza!

I'll have a large pepperoni with extra WIN.

Bam!  I totally Charlie Sheened that.

Don't forget the side of tiger blood sauce for dipping.

We're in rarified air here tonight, folks. lol

Speaking of rarified air, that WIN pizza has given me the winds something awful...

I want to say thanks because my brother and I were arguing about that today and I couldnt think of the words rage virus so I couldnt explain myself properly

You're welcome.  And if you need any help with whether or not vampires should sparkle, NO, THEY SHOULD NOT.

haha dont worry! I am sooo not into that pisses me off when I think of vamps I think lost boys, interview with a vampire Buffy(80's movie not tv show). Also according to my brother werewolves arent suppose to like jump into the air and BAM! they are a wolf, its suppose to hurt.

Actually, I agree with him on that one.  The entire point of being a werewolf is that it's a curse.  Curses are supposed to hurt, not be over and done with before you can say "Dude, that's so not a werewolf."

haha my brother can go on for hours about that!

^^There was an 80's buffy movie?! yikes I only saw the one from the early 90's.

it was 90's.....sorry for the year mix up (I suck at years) I grew up watching it so I didnt realize I usually dont look at when it comes out I just assumed it was 80's

Last edited by revengebiteme (2012-08-03 19:46:59)

big_smile It's all good. I just thought I missed something!! I was sitting here thinking, I must watch this if I missed it!

haha well I just sat here with my mom and disscused it and she didnt correct me on the date so I thought I had it right

lol Mom's are fun like that. But, it did come out in 1992 so that's close enough to the 80's!

indeed! I was actually 2 at the time....

Oh man.... That means Lon was like 30! lol lol Just kidding!!! hehehehehehehehehehehhehehe