Re: THEY'RE NOT ZOMBIES!!!

LoudLon wrote:

AAAAARRRGGGHHH!!!  The dumb-asses on Yahoo! Answers are driving me crazy!

Every time someone asks for good zombie movie recommendations, inevitably some yahoo (no pun intended) drops 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later and/or The Crazies.

These are not zombie movies.  At no time in any of these films does an infected person die, return as an animated cadaver and eat the flesh of the living.  Rather, they are humans inflicted with a rage virus which turns them into raging, homicidal maniacs.  Though granted that in The Crazies, the infected aren't quite as raging as those in 28 Days/Weeks.

How many times must it be explained before it sinks in?  I could kill a motherfucker!!!

<--- not infected with a rage virus, just completely frustrated with dumb-asses.

Dammit all, Lon, this debate is as old as time.  I understand the rage, but I also understand the misconceptions.  Humanoids that exhibit mindless, zombie-like behavior might be classified as zombies (i.e. Demons, 28 Days Later, Evil Dead).  It's an argument as old as Bruce Campbell's chin.
If you wanna get technical, Romero's flesh-eaters are not proper zombies.  We're defining zombies as the flesh-eating, dead-returned-to-unlife, Romero ghouls, when we all know zombies are  really mindless, human voodoo slaves.  It's a classification that's more about behavior than the cause these days.  Evolve, people, I say, EVOLVE (for the sake of argument)!!!!

^^^ I'm sayin'!  The "walking, dead carnivores" definition took over the older "mindless, shambling human" definition over forty years ago.  Get with the times, already!

Mr. Black wrote:
azathoth wrote:

^^
No, Demon, we're not talking about you.  Lon's talking about soul_doom, not I_wish_I_was_a_drunk_Monkey. 

Hmm, jinx, think there was an odd one name 'Djinn' something that was kinda freaky, too.

Couldn't be any worse than when I left and some of our posts disappeared. And not like a glitch but like they were garbled and chewed back up to us. It was like the wind, chaos and some post never came back. So felt like a taunt and we eventually just moved on. Some members posted and never came back in the form we thought they were, we just had to assume it was all just glitches.

^^^ I remember a lot of complaints about that, too.  Hell, I complained about it once thinking it was one of the other mods fucking with me, then realized mods can't do that kind of thing.  Hell, Meh himself can't do that kind of thing.

LoudLon wrote:
Mr. Black wrote:
azathoth wrote:

^^
No, Demon, we're not talking about you.  Lon's talking about soul_doom, not I_wish_I_was_a_drunk_Monkey. 

Hmm, jinx, think there was an odd one name 'Djinn' something that was kinda freaky, too.

Couldn't be any worse than when I left and some of our posts disappeared. And not like a glitch but like they were garbled and chewed back up to us. It was like the wind, chaos and some post never came back. So felt like a taunt and we eventually just moved on. Some members posted and never came back in the form we thought they were, we just had to assume it was all just glitches.

^^^ I remember a lot of complaints about that, too.  Hell, I complained about it once thinking it was one of the other mods fucking with me, then realized mods can't do that kind of thing.  Hell, Meh himself can't do that kind of thing.

Hell, it's one of the reasons I backed out. I got reports from things that weren't there half the time.  And once I'd tried to remove them they wouldn't come back. Freaky shit man. Removal of posts like that wouldn't work most of the time for me so I just let it go.

I remember being on the other side this argument...lol

Its seems its really unknown what the word zombie was derived from, after Night of the Living Dead in '68 zombies became known more as reanimated corpses that feed on flesh as we see them depicted more often these days. But what about White Zombie? Those were zombies that were never dead, but mind controlled, so basically mindless slaves. Im not going to argue that 28 Days/Weeks later are zombie films or that there not. I just think the definition of zombies may be more diverse than one may think.

Mr. Black wrote:
azathoth wrote:

^^

I kinda remember someting  ooops... when there was only a few of us here shooting the shit then bam it was over flooded. MMan I wish I could move around in time like you can man!

DemonToSome wrote:
Mr. Black wrote:
azathoth wrote:

^^

I kinda remember someting  ooops... when there was only a few of us here shooting the shit then bam it was over flooded. MMan I wish I could move around in time like you can man!

Kinda hard to forget once things seem to be going good and then things start going missing on you

you were there all the time
time when there was no time
times which shall come again
you will regret waking me

Hey Mr. Black lets be cautious here cause soul doom acts like he was here since the beginning that has no beginning

SOULDOOM

Spoken from the wise!

Yeah, some jackass who was reading this and thought he'd be a funny guy.

tell them how things run cold and you have nothing left
i spill red and who really cares?

SOULDOOM

What the fuck? How is this happening? Are the mods even checking this out?

the watchers, they watch
but they cannot see
I am the burden
which upon your shoulders rests

SOULDOOM

OK, Panda, funny funny.  tongue

Mr. Black wrote:

I'm looking, P.  Just not finding anything.

LoudLon wrote:

^^^ I'm sayin'!  The "walking, dead carnivores" definition took over the older "mindless, shambling human" definition over forty years ago.  Get with the times, already!

Meeeehhh!, I don't want to modernize! 

I know.  I was just being argumentative (whilst slightly buzzed).

Anyway, I do understand the why so many classify films where hordes of mindless, murderous, blank-eyed, rage-filled weirdos as zombies.  Perhaps, we should get with the times, hmmm?

Again, just for the sake of argument.

LoudLon wrote:
Mr. Black wrote:

I'm looking, P.  Just not finding anything.

You won't find the devil here

SOULDOOM 

someones got into the main mod program.  It must be soul doom hacked into here man. who else would be deleting posts?

Dude, I'm not seeing a trace of anything.  No "last edited by," nothing.  This is fucking weird, man.

Can't you ban soul doom just to see if things get back to normal? If its not him let him back! neutral

I guess if he hacked into the site it wouldnt matter either way

or its just a weird freaky night yea its a long weekend to fuck all weekends up and posts too!

Get Meh over here to make it all better smile

Already mailed him, bro. smile

DemonToSome wrote:

Can't you ban soul doom just to see if things get back to normal? If its not him let him back! neutral

I did ban him, after his second post edit.  Didn't take, obviously.  The guy's good; I'm not getting shit on his IP.