Topic: I missed picking all of your totally awesome Horror Brains

Two major questions that have been crawling all over me like maggots on a corpse.
1. A Serbian Film...I do not know anything about this film, straight  after making this post I am going to cruise the reviews. Is it disturbing like Inside? Is it good? I do not mind eye popping gore that leaves a tin taste in ones mouth, I just want a good Horror story that goes somewhere.
2. Remake of Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things...is it being filmed or in Production right now?
Hit me with all of your blood drenched answers I can take it, sure I can;)

Re: I missed picking all of your totally awesome Horror Brains

1. I just did a search but can't find the thread started about Serbian Film.  Suffice to say it has seriously split the fans.  Some love it, some absolutely hate it.  I haven't seen it, but it sounds pretty rough -- and not in a heavily violent "Inside" kind of way, but in a "has a bit with a guy having sex with an infant" kind of way.   

2.  All's I know is that as of earlier this month, it's been officially announced that the film is being made and that Tom Savini will be directing, and that it's supposed to start filming toward the end of the year. 

And welcome back! big_smile

I personally loved the insanely chaotic Inside.  A Serbian Film, however, I have no desire to see.  I figure you have to be ok with the whole August Underground/psuedo snuff type stuff to enjoy it, despite whatever socio-political issues the director claims he is addressing.  I like my horror with a touch of the fantasy and the macabre.  Too much real life horror going on out there to enjoy that level of depravity.  But that's just me.

I'm a big fan of the original Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things.  I'm a fan of Savini's NOTLD remake, so I hope this remake will be in the same vein of equal quality.

Maxwell wrote:

A Serbian Film, however, I have no desire to see.  I figure you have to be ok with the whole August Underground/psuedo snuff type stuff to enjoy it, despite whatever socio-political issues the director claims he is addressing.

Ditto.  My question when the discussion of this flick first came up was, "What does stabbing a guy in the eye with an erection and raping a baby have to do with politics?"  But, again, that's just the opinion of a guy who never has seen, doesn't want to see and never will see the movie.

I Kinda get what it's trying to do and respect bold directors that break the mould but newborn rape isn't something I want to see even though I know the baby looks completely fake.

^^ Exactly. I love extreme horror, but A Serbian Film isn't one I have any desire to see.

Im with the others here so far, no desire to see A Serbian Film. All the hype surrounding it revolves around the repulsive and depraved violence depicted in it, other than a few comments stating it was well made to boot.

A question for you, you plan to stick around cause we sure do miss you here!

I have A Serbian Film, the uncut version naturally and I don't really see the big stink about it. I've watched it twice now. Its a fucked up film no doubts about it but it is watchable if you can stomach what you read about it yikes

I'm kinda interested in the remake of Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things. I do enjoy the original but I'd be interested at least to hear how it turns out.

and yeah welcome back Dead long time no see wink

*edit*
I did start a topic on A Serbian Film last year that got no replies lol maybe cause the title was a little messed up. In that thread I said it was an awesome film!
look here if it thrills ya A Serbianistit Filmist

Last edited by DemonToSome (2012-07-28 16:37:08)

Not a big Serbian Film fan. If you just want to see a few shock scenes, go for it, otherwise you should avoid.

wow Daph you're back! what a great surprise on my first day back from my holidays! brilliant to see you back Hon! xxxxxxxxxxx ( smoochies)

And a big welcome back to you as well, Wolfie.  Hope you had a nice vacation! smile

LoudLon wrote:

And a big welcome back to you as well, Wolfie.  Hope you had a nice vacation! smile

fine thank you Lonnie my man. sunshine and showers but that's fricking England! didn't stop us from doing what we wanted to do though smile
dis ya miss me ?

I did.  The world's just not the same without you dropping a random "bollocks!" hither and thither. lol

'Sup my shaggy friend?  Good to have you back!

azathoth wrote:

'Sup my shaggy friend?  Good to have you back!

thanks Az ! how are you doing?

^^
Had an interview that went well, fine sir.  2 other people to be interviewed, but I smoked that interview like a fine fake Cuban joint-cigar bought from downtown Chicago.  (Apologies to anyone from Chicago)

hey wolfy you back? or is it your dopelganger playin mind games on this guy?

Thank you for the welcomes backs:) I missed everyone!!!
Wolfie!!! smoochies!!!
Az I hope you nailed that job to the wall!!
From what I have heard Serb film isn't my cup o tea
I just watched a trailer called The Possession with Jeffery Dean Morgan (yum) I will be watching this one as soon as it hits the theater:)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0431021/

DemonToSome wrote:

hey wolfy you back? or is it your dopelganger playin mind games on this guy?

oh yes trevor, i am back ! bigger and better than ever i've had  some of that fine devon sea air and am as horny as ever! tongue

azathoth wrote:

^^
Had an interview that went well, fine sir.  2 other people to be interviewed, but I smoked that interview like a fine fake Cuban joint-cigar bought from downtown Chicago.  (Apologies to anyone from Chicago)

i hope you get good news because you deserve it smile

thedeadshallrule wrote:

I just watched a trailer called The Possession with Jeffery Dean Morgan (yum) I will be watching this one as soon as it hits the theater:)

I've liked that guy ever since I first became aware of him in Watchmen.  I'll be checking this one out.

thedeadshallrule wrote:

1. A Serbian Film...I do not know anything about this film, straight  after making this post I am going to cruise the reviews. Is it disturbing like Inside? Is it good? I do not mind eye popping gore that leaves a tin taste in ones mouth, I just want a good Horror story that goes somewhere.

I've seen the uncut film. Uhm... it is not disgusting because for example the animation of raping a baby is poorly done. But in any case I had a quiet moment for myself to process and reflect what I've seen.

The film basically feeds on torture like Hostel but goes way over the top by raping scenes. For me it's a difference whether somebody is "just" killed / tortured or being murdered while getting raped. I don't need to see a baby getting raped by anyone, no matter how poorly the baby is animated.

And surely don't need to see two guys raping some women which are covered by bed sheets so hard that they're bleeding out of their vaginas (I am not kidding here) just to realize as soon as they got rid of the bed sheets that they were raping a mother and her teen daughter.

I don't know how the film could be published and I think it is not only breaking tabus but going one step to far. In my opion the movie is not worth watching at all and it has to be out of a sick mind. On the other hand if you aren't afraid of regretting something and surely want to say "I've seen it all' then go for it.

Last edited by ThatGuyWhichAsksQuestions (2012-08-04 22:44:25)

LoudLon wrote:
thedeadshallrule wrote:

I've liked that guy ever since I first became aware of him in Watchmen.  I'll be checking this one out.

He's a damn good actor. The wife and I both like him (espiecially in Supernatural) so this is one we will be watching. The trailer does look pretty damn good too.

The Resident was a good movie, nothing new but the acting was enjoyable.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1334102/