Re: What R U Reading?

some little shoppe of horrors back issues. excellent magazine about Hammer films.

The Winter Of Frankie Machine

Ms.Gorefiend wrote:

Meh, Baby's First Book of Seriously Fucked-up Shit wasn't all that fucked up compared to other books in this genre. Weak. On to Razor Wire Public Hair by Carlton Mellick III

I wasn't reading the book... never heard of it... I meant I was reading the post above mine LOL

^^ yeah, I got that tongue

Thats good MG I just couldn't bare it if there was any miscommunication on my part lol

I'm all good with the communication until you get your drink on then it's decoder ring time tongue

One Foot In The Grave by Jeaniene Frost its the second book in the series and I am seriously Loving it, gotta get the rest  of the series ordered. Cat is a badass I enjoy living through her and Bones is awesome manflesh...they make a great team.

The Ripple Effect by JA Saare - Good Urban Fantasy with elements of horror thrown in. I'm really enjoying it.

Is that dead manflesh or just manflesh

Undead manflesh, vamp style, complete with a British accent. That help Demon?

Ms.Gorefiend wrote:

Undead manflesh, vamp style, complete with a British accent. That help Demon?

Aha!!! Ms. Gorefiend you have read them eh?

Yeah smile  I read a lot of UF.

Satori

Ms.Gorefiend wrote:

Yeah smile  I read a lot of UF.

Awesome! Maybe you could steer me toward a few good books:)

I am reading The Mortal Instruments book one City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

The movie comes out winter 2013 I want to be prepared:)

^^ Do you read print or eBook?

Print

I have been hinting to my Monster for a Kindle though:)

I'm reading The Walking Dead: Volume Six, it's getting kind of crazy.

thedeadshallrule wrote:

Print

I have been hinting to my Monster for a Kindle though:)

I have the Nook Tablet. Love it. If and when you make the jump, let me know. I have a huge digital library.

Shibumi

The screenplay to The Cabin in the Woods, by Joss Whedon and Drew Goddard.

The Shaman & Ayahuasca by Don Jose Campos

I ordered over twenty different books from Amazon dealing with a few esoteric subjects, and this is the first one to come in my mail (today). I'm already a little over 40 pages in, and it's refreshing. I'm used to reading books that are more formal, more 'Westernized', so to say. This book is written by a shaman (or, Curandero, as they like to be called) from Peru that has had a lot of experience working with plants, entheogens, and of course Ayahuasca - a sacred plant that's been in use among shamans for 70,000 years. Wicked, right?

So this dude doesn't write in the most formal, or fact-based sense, but he writes directly out of his years of experience and the wisdom he's aquired from these plants. That makes this book pretty unique, I think. At least, I quite like it so far.

Last edited by The Creature (2012-08-23 19:11:51)

Just finished Dawn Patrol and currently reading The Gentlemen's Hour

Abraham Lincoln:Vampire Hunter-Seth Grahame-Smith

Hunger Games

The Shaman & Ayahuasca was an interesting read.
Now it's between:

American Fascists: The Christian Right and The War on America by Chris Hedges

A book that details on Television Evangelism and the ideology of Dominionism, which is a cross between biblical literalists & current politics, which is never a good combo.

and, for lighter (but nonetheless still enlightening) reading, I'm checking out, The Real Frank Zappa Book by Frank Zappa.
So far a pretty cool autobiography.