Topic: Trick r treat

On a dark Halloween night four horrifying and twisted interwoven stories occured these stories made sure that Halloween In this small little town would never be the same! Ok i admit it i loved this movie it was dark and was filled with plenty of scares! Has any one else see this movie if so what did you think? And why do you feel that way? Please tell me your guys thoughts.
new movies on dvd

Last edited by heenachamp (2012-08-29 17:25:33)

Re: Trick r treat

Not seen it yet. It's on my watch list. I love Anthologies so will dfinately be giving this a look soon smile and Welcome to the forums

prepare for the day
reprieve is not possible
the monkey shall fail

SOULDOOM

Last edited by Ms.Gorefiend (2012-08-04 16:57:55)

SOULDOOM

heenachamp wrote:

On a dark Halloween night four horrifying and twisted interwoven stories occured these stories made sure that Halloween In this small little town would never be the same! Ok i admit it i loved this movie it was dark and was filled with plenty of scares! Has any one else see this movie if so what did you think? And why do you feel that way? Please tell me your guys thoughts.

I'm a Halloween fanatic, so naturally, I was attracted to this film.  It's a great anthology that's streaming on Netflix right now, so if you haven't seen it, check it out.  I'm not a big fan of a lot of modern horror movies, so the fact that I've watched this one more than once tells you how much I enjoy it.  There's been talk about a sequel, which I hope happens, as there's so many more stories that could be told within the framework of Halloween night, while digging further into its history and traditions.

^^ I'm a Halloween fanatic too.

Actually, this movie is now a Halloween tradition in my house along with Halloween (1978) and Halloween IV.

^  A tradition for us on Halloween as well.  I love this movie.  Like Max and Ms. G, I'm a sucka for Halloween themes.

I have watched Trick R Treat on Halloween night for the last couple of years.   I normally put up tons of decorations at the front of the house.  I like to take them down and bring inside some of the larger items around midnight just because I am worried things will disappear overnight.  I have to admit that last year while I was "undecorating" in the middle of the night,  I kept waiting for Sam to turn up!  Kinda freaked me out....lol!!

Also,  The segment about Sam and the old man really reminds me of an episode from Tales From The Darkside called Trick or Treat.

Last edited by DirtyGirl (2012-08-04 18:22:19)

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab101/DirtyGirlMovies/trickrtreat2.jpg

I liked the storyline with Brian Cox and Sam but the rest -- pffffffftttttt.

Awesome, underrated movie.

Love this movie, watch it every October.

Pretty much agree with what Maxwell said here.  Good modern horror is few and far between.    It is not one of my absolute favorites but it is definitely one of the top 30 or so Horror movies to come out post 2000.  Maybe even top 20...

It is not exactly your typical Anthology considering all the stories take place on the same street, which is a really great idea.  It also stars Anna Paquin of course who is a very legitimate young actress.  We really need more movies like this.  Horror comedy at it's finest.  Even though this isn't flat out comedy, it is the type of movie that is so awesome you can't help but laugh during certain moments and kills.  Cabin in the Woods, Trick r Treat are 2 of the few movies in the last very good while that have captured this feeling of just flat out great horror/camp.  Also just love how good director's/writer's can pay GREAT homage to everything that came before it, but still making it original at the same time.

Last edited by PrinceofDarkness (2012-08-06 10:14:19)

One of the few anthologies that I think tie up the stories nicely by the end.  Lon's just mad because it doesn't star Tina Fey in lingerie, lol .

^^^ I'll give it some credit for featuring Leslie Bibb, who I like, but that's about it. lol

Have u guys watched the directors original short for Trick r Treat "Seasons Greeting's". Here's the link.

http://vimeo.com/38711117

Its a pretty neat little short.

Last edited by Vasquez (2012-08-06 12:35:01)

Nice anthology to watch on Halloween, really like it.

when the monkey falls
you shall follow

^^
da fuq?

SOULDOOM

I didn't like this movie at first but it has since grown on me, and I wound up buying it.  I think Sam is adorable (albeit an evil little bastard), and I love the werewolf girls.

I really liked it, like Azzy I was pleased that it tied up quite nicely in the end. I am a fan of anthologies anyway and I thought Sam was a great creepy little dude

I like how at least some of the stories or characters lines refer to ancient Halloween traditions in this film, as pointed out in my DVD's extras. I feel the same way about the film as Cooper however. The first time i watched i wasn't very impressed. It felt almost 2 glossy. After i watched it again however i appreciated it a whole lot more, and even more so after watching the making of feature in the extras. The Werewolf scene definitely stands out accompanied brilliantly by Manson's version of Sweet Dreams.

Last edited by Vasquez (2012-08-12 06:06:47)

well said, manson's sweet dreams and werewolf women. F'n A!