Topic: Scariest movie you have seen

Hey guys, I'm sure there have probably been other posts like this, but I'm planning to watch a horror film tonight, but not just any horror film. I want to watch a movie that will horrify me, one that will keep me up at night in fear!

So i was wondering in your opinions what was the scariest/creepiest movie that you guys have ever seen? Thank you smile

Re: Scariest movie you have seen

Check out my Suggestions thread. Lots of suggestions given to myself there smile

If I was to pick one movie that's recently terrified me. It would be Shutter (Thailand Original)

If i was to pick one movie that has scared me the most id say without hesitation it would be the 1st time i watched the Descent.

it's down to the individual Samy. it's a personal thing, what scares me may be not remotely scary to you. we're all different so that's a pretty difficult question to answer truthfully.

Vasquez wrote:

If i was to pick one movie that has scared me the most id say without hesitation it would be the 1st time i watched the Descent.

I can second this. The Descent is scary as hell on first viewing. I'm not sure if I'd consider it "the" scariest movie, but it's up there for me.

Last weekend i watched Final Destination 5 in my friends home. Really it's awesome movie i have
ever seen in my life.  I saw this movie after i am very scared. Because movie based on some unique story.

Final Destination 5 - Awesome !!!!!

Ms.Gorefiend wrote:
Vasquez wrote:

I can second this. The Descent is scary as hell on first viewing. I'm not sure if I'd consider it "the" scariest movie, but it's up there for me.

I agree, The Descent is scary. Especially if you're clostrophobic.

wolfman1959 wrote:

it's down to the individual Samy. it's a personal thing, what scares me may be not remotely scary to you. we're all different so that's a pretty difficult question to answer truthfully.

This is so true.  The movies that have scared me are ridiculed by most here.  Frequently, your question turns into a - That movie is so effin stupid and didn't scare me at all - Thread.

Good luck though.  Decent was awesome IMHO.

I have a few I could add on this list. 

Perhaps someone can help me with the title of this one - it's like the Spanish version of Paranormal Activity.  A couple with a new baby move into this house that's haunted, and the man keeps seeing scary images, etc.  It takes a lot to spook me nowadays, but this one actually had me jump up and scream at one scene!

Another classic creepy is the original The Haunting.  It's just something about the atmosphere and acting/characters that just gives me the shivers.  Albeit some of the puns are a little corny in the dialogue.

I might add more as they come to my mind, but that's it for now.

Some in the Saw series. Or Final Destination. Something make me feel really scared is probably Dario Argento's Suspiria (1977). I also scared the moment Pluto was bitten by the dog (shocked) in the original Hills (thriller). And in the remake I got twice: When Bobby surprised Lynn and another scene which I think was when Pluto scares Doug. So I think Suspiria (1977) and The Hills Have Eyes (2006) was the scariest movies I've watched.

Very few movies rarely scare me if honest, it just takes something special to get at me. But A Tale of Two Sisters seriously scared me, that sh*t is crazy.

Alien.  Exorcist.  28 Days Later.  Day of the Dead. Suspiria.  Carrie. Pet Semetary. 

Just a few suggestions for ya.

Showgirls, very scary.

big_smile

But really, Day of the Dead had me in a hurt locker the first time I watched it. The enclosed spaces and just how everything broke down was horrifying to me.

Suspiria/Inferno both hit me hard with the out of nowhere violence and overall eerie setting. I heard the soundtrack in my head for weeks after watching the former.

But I think TCM (Original) was the first movie that really hit me hard. Hell Halloween too but TCM came first for me and coming from a small town, I didn't want to go outside in fear of a chainsaw wielding maniac would be waiting. It really plays on isolation fears I guess.

Paranormal Activity, The Exorcist, Insidious, The Blair Witch Project. All of those creeped me out the first time I watched them.

^ Suspiria - Those are EXACTLY the ones I would pick.  Just had to write that cuz I was surprised to read it.  smile  Those four + Salems Lot scared me more than any other.

wolfman1959 wrote:

Yeah, like Ghosty, I second this as well. What is frightening is only an opinion that is based from individual to individual. Everyone has their own reality tunnel, you might say. Which of course just makes everything more interesting.

For me, Pet Sematary is a film that creeps me out a lot. Especially when I was a little kid. That creepy opening title sequence in the cemetery, with the voices of little children from at least 50 years back, strange lop-sided markers with cobwebs hanging, plus the eerie vocals in the background? For me, that's damn chilling. There's just something about that scene I just can't put my finger on...something about children and death...there's a gruesomeness to it...

Oh, and the character Zelda, with her green skin, freaked me the fuck out at that age. Even now I find it freaky.

Last edited by The Creature (2013-11-10 23:39:41)

Cooper wrote:

Perhaps someone can help me with the title of this one - it's like the Spanish version of Paranormal Activity.  A couple with a new baby move into this house that's haunted, and the man keeps seeing scary images, etc.  It takes a lot to spook me nowadays, but this one actually had me jump up and scream at one scene!

It's not found footage like Paranormal Activity, but that sounds like The Baby's Room (2006).

Some of the ones that were scary to me;  Paranormal Activity, The Blair Witch Project, REC, REC 2, Evidence, Apartment 143, and V/H/S.

And Creature, how about the scene in Pet Cemetary with the baby chasing after Herman Munster (the old neighbor) with the razor.  That one still creeps me out.

alien25 wrote:
Cooper wrote:

It's not found footage like Paranormal Activity, but that sounds like The Baby's Room (2006).

Some of the ones that were scary to me;  Paranormal Activity, The Blair Witch Project, REC, REC 2, Evidence, Apartment 143, and V/H/S.

And Creature, how about the scene in Pet Cemetary with the baby chasing after Herman Munster (the old neighbor) with the razor.  That one still creeps me out.

Id also say the very final scenes in REC with that thing walking around the scared the sht out of me. Thats right behind the Descent.

The Creature wrote:

Like, for me, Pet Semetary is a film that creeps me out quite a bit. Especially when I was a little kid. That creepy opening title sequence in the cemetery, with the voices of little children from at least 50 years back, strange lop-sided markers with cobwebs hanging, plus the eerie vocals in the background? For me, that's scary. There's just something about that scene I just can't put my finger on, man.

Interesting...I totally don't remember this.  I think it's so cool how people are affected differently by different movies, or even scenes in movies.

When I was a youngen...there was that scene in Friday the 13th Part 6, where a female camp counselor is walking in one of the cabins.  Unbeknownst to her, Jason is on the outside of the cabin walking step for step parallel, but just behind her.  We of course see both of them in the shot.  That was on a commercial for the movie, and for whatever reason really freaked me out.

alien25 wrote:
Cooper wrote:

V/H/S the one with the skype conversation freaked me the hell out! And the first segment with the girl with those eyes! I see those eyes in my sleep!

^Yeah, it definitely has some good creepy moments.

I would say Insidious because I havent watched the whole thing but I am still scared already and it takes alot to do that these days hmm

scary huh?  That's a tough one...because it is very personal taste when it comes to fear.   The movies that scared me the most when I first saw them would be Candyman,  Alien,  and  Nightmare on Elm Street.   The only newer movie that has been a little scary was Insidious.

The Exorcist.

The Blair Witch Project...              and it....

stills creeps me out