Topic: What are your top 3 Favorite Horror movie Franchise?

This are not in any order.

1) The Final Destination Franchise

Final Destination 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD_MAz96L70

When I first saw this on TV, I had no idea what the plot was about at all

When I sat down to watch this movie and movie started I was on the Edge of my seat When Plane starts to blow up, This scene scared me because as  I am afraid of flying.

But then Alex just had dream or premonitions and starts to freak out on  the plane and get chuck off the plane with few other people.Then soon after the plane blow up just Alex said it would.

Alex saved 7 people from dying, as they should have died on plane and now they are being chased by death, People who got off the plane start to get Killed by everyday objects.

From the start to the end of this movie you will be on the edge of your seat, some of deaths in this movie are gory, there is one death you never see coming and will you make you JUMP!

Acting this movie was Outstanding, I Have see this move so many times that I have lost count.

10/10

Final Destination 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEUYk2xU4R0

Final Destination is one of my favourite movie, i Loved it

I did not get chance to see Final Destination 2 in the cinema but I wish I did now

When I got this movie on DVD, I didn't think it be that good at all. but I was wrong about that

This time it's Kim who going on a trip with her best friends as they get to The Freeway she has premonitions of a pile-up .

Which is one of the most shocking, gruesome, action packed, explosive and edge of your seat., That pile-up scenes is one the best scene EVER made, it was magnificent

Kim saved them from getting killed, Now death is back again to killed them off,the deaths in this movie are so much MORE gory then the one in Final destination,

In most horror movies you just get Teenager, (Like Final Destination 3 which was full of teenagers) in this movie they had older cast which think was really good idea but The acting is not great but still good..

I give this movie 10/10 pile-up scene just blew me away.

Final Destination 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRWK44Ykck8

I am such HUGE FAN of these movies, I Could not wait to watch this movie

Wendy has fear of a roller coaster , her best friend and boyfriend go on to ride, she goes with them, as they get ready to go on the roller coaster and he take while for to go really high (As i am scared of heights, it kinda of scary)then Frank who end up drop camera on roller coaster , then it start going out of control and all of them get killed but the Wendy just had the premonition.

Wendy was very believable in this scenes (her acting was great in that scene) when she trying stop the roller coaster made me forget about the disappointed roller coaster crash was.

I did like the turn in story, where Wendy finds that she can see how people will died in Pictures.

Death is back again and start to kill them in nasty, gory ways (not as gory a FD2).

These movie are all about the deaths/premonition and I didn't really care about acting or the plot holes in this movie.

The Final Destination
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkmaPmf8Od0[/youtube]

I love all the Final Destinations movies, I am huge fan of these movies and I even some of those clips on Phone to watch when I am on my way to work.

I was really looking forward to this, I was dying to see this movie, I waited 2 years for this movie to come out.

The plot On what should have been a fun-filled day at the races, Nick O'Bannon has a horrific premonition in which a bizarre sequence of events causes multiple race cars to crash, sending flaming debris into the stands, brutally killing his friends and causing the upper deck of the stands to collapse on him. When he comes out of this grisly nightmare Nick panics, persuading his girlfriend, Lori, and their friends, Janet and Hunt, to leave... escaping seconds before Nick's frightening vision becomes a terrible reality. Thinking they've cheated death, the group has a new lease on life, but unfortunately for Nick and Lori, it is only the beginning. As his premonitions continue and the crash survivors begin to die one-by-one--in increasingly gruesome ways--Nick must figure out how to cheat death once and for all before he, too, reaches his final destination.

When I saw this movie for the first time, I didn't like the premonition scene but now that I have seen it a few more times the premonition scenes was really good and the was the best part of the movie for me however it no were near good as premonition in Final Destination 2.

The deaths scenes in this movie were not that good but they were okay but not as gruesome or gory as the others deaths in the last 3 movies. There was something missing from deaths scenes in this and I just found some of deaths scenes a bit too silly, I could not seem them really happen.

The other think I was really looking forward to movie was the 3D effect, I was really disappointed with the 3D effect in this movie, i wanted some thing like My Bloody Valentine which handle the 3D effect much better, The 3D scenes that did have in this movie were really good and I did enjoy those scenes.

Acting from Nick was really bad for whole movie but Janet acting was not great too but did some good acting in the car wash scene but then quiet scenes she not that good, The rest of cast didn't bother me that much.

I am clad this was NOT the last Final Destination movie as it would be every disappointed end to the Series.

I give this movie a 4 out of 10 just for some of the deaths scenes and the 3D effects.

Final Destination  movie, i would like thank James Wong David R. Ellis for last 4 movies

Here two great vidoes for last 4 movies

Final Destination Quadrilogy: (Decade Tribute) Stress
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rXowUxE … bFdHRaNdiU[/youtube]

Final Destination 5 (2012)
Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63qe4SKuVCI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugUDNpKurXU

his movie is a perfect example how to bring Franchise's back from the Dead,

as the last movie called The Final Destination(AKA Final Destination 4 killed the series!.

This movie takes time to introductions character and some good character development at the start of movie before disaster scene.

The disaster scene was really Gripping from start to end of the scene, it had some really gore-tacit deaths on the bridge and the 3D effect in that scene blew me way! (More on the 3D later).

The Deaths scene in this movie are really intense and first death scene in this movie was really nail biting death scene, you will think they will die one way but they total different way and it will shock you.

The first death scene in this movie as to worst death of the whole series.

Really liked the fact they got the dark feel back to this movie, when victim hear or feel something strange with them before they are killed, That reminds me of the dark shadow from the first Final Destination movie but I was little disappointed that they didn't use it for all of the death scenes.

The deaths scenes in this movie are really great and gory and can also be funny as the same time, (some Dark Humor is added into the mix)

The acting from 85% of cast was outstanding, Nicholas D'Agosto who played Sam acting was not great however he was a enormous improvement from Bobby Campo who played Nick in (The) Final Destination 4 and I was little disappointed with Emma Bell.

I thought she would do really well in this movie, Her acting in Frozen was outstanding but in this movie she could have done a lot better, saying that she only really stood out in two main scenes of the movie the rest of movie she looked a bit bored

The ending of this movie still really surprising (Already knew it was going to happen (it my own fault for reading spoilers ) but still it was really good twist and makes the movie even better and also little sad at the same time.

Now the 3D effect, I don't know how to describing how I felt about the 3D, For me this was the best 3D experience I have ever seen,

it's was trillion times better then 3D effect in last movie, The 3D in this movie was phenomenal.

As huge fan of this series, I would not mind if this was THE Final Destination movie in series as It would be the perfect ending to a great underrated franchise (Also liked how references that had in this movie for for other movies in series!)

Final Destination 5 - End Credits [720p]]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UixwhBOd6v0

Final Destination Pentalogy Tribute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUHGoZ-Wvmk

2)  The Scream Franchise

Scream
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTWf9QGdJCQ[/youtube]

This movie had great opening scenes, the scenes is so well made,

Girl picks her phone up and then she joking with the person on the phone under ten seconds she is scared out her mind and then she is killed by the person in Ghostface mask and then her body has be hanged in front her house that is see by father and mother, the mother scream will send shiver down your back.

This movie is great, it had a great plot and filled with great scary and some creepy moments and it also had a lot of humour in this movie (I am not saying it a horror/comedy).

There are some really good shocking deaths this movie which make ghost face really scary and you can not wait to find out who the hell ghost face is.

I was happy how the movie ended and acting from the whole cast was outstanding. Great slasher, funny, gory and scary, what more do need in a horror movie.

I am going to give this movie 9 out 10

Scream 2
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U87t8x4ix0[/youtube]

This movie as yet another great opening scenes, A couple go to cinema too see a movie called stab. which based on The movie called Scream.

Then at the cinema they both get get killed in the cinema. what makes it more scary is that the whole room was packed with people and no one had any idea that person is being killed right in front of them.

We have Sidney, Randy, Dewey and Gale have all come back for second sequel and also return is famous Ghostface who start kill teenagers again and is after Sidney, who the hell could it be now?.

The sequel had some really creepy moment and one of favourite scene in this movie as got to be the car crash scene, it was never ranking and scary and creepy at the same time, no matter how many I have seen that scene, I am always on the edge of my seat and still had humour in this movie just like the first scream movie, it is really funny how that make fun of sequels as this is a sequel too.

The acting in this was great as the first scream movie and I really love this sequel , it was a great sequel to the series.

I could have done without the lame cheesy singing , that is the only bad thing i can say about this movie.

I give this movie 8 out of 10

Scream 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYi-rmHfrP8

This movies did not have a great opening scenes like the other two movies but we had Nick Cotten who driving home and get phone call and hear that is Girl in danger as someone in ghost face is stalking her as he get come home, the girl attack Nick thinking he is the killer and Ghost face kills them both.

Sidney, Gale and Dewey all return for the final movie in series and they soon get involved in Ghotface again, this movie was not scary or as creepy as the other two movies as they try to make it a little to funny if the deaths scenes, you can't help but laugh.

They also tired to make really spooky with Sidney dream, It just didn't work at all and i didn't find it scary at all, Slahser and ghost don't mix well in a horror movie together and the deaths were not that good or gory, i thing some of the deaths were off scene too but still I could not wait to find out who the killer was and why the person was trying to kill her Sidney again and it was nice twist to series.

The whole cast was great as they were well know people from other movies and TV shows. I going to give this 6 out of 10.

Scream 4 (2011)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BRquD7DgjA

I still really enjoyed it , i think it fit in perfectly with the rest of the series and i found it a lot more fun then 3rd movie in the series.

The only downside was that, it did not feel darker then others movie in series, the other seem tad more darker, they did make this a little bit to funny as the other movies had dark humor,This felt like a bit of a comedy at times.

As last 3 movies have some dark opening in the movie, this one went more on the comedy opening, i found funny at first but i would preferred more of dark opening like first movie.

It was great have old cast back and the new cast were really good as well, When i first saw this movie, I had no idea who the killer was, I was thinking it someone else!, It did shock me at first but in the end in kind a of made sense for that person to be the killer!

Overall , I give this movie 7 out of 10

Before the FD movies came out, i was huge of  the  Scream movies, one of reasons as it got me back into horror movies, i did go out horror for a while (i had my GCSE at the time, so i had to study ) even after that it look me a least two months to get back in watching horror movies, Then one day I saw Scream 2 and i was back into horror movies again and since then, i never have stop watching horror movies and i never will!

scream tribute 1-4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ-U0wTMw8Y

3) The Evil Dead  Franchise

The Evil Dead
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8Bi9mGv1J8[/youtube]

This has got to be one of the best horror movies, it has everything I wanted to see in a horror movie.

This movie start of with Ash and his friends driving of to a cabin in the woods. It is not long before odd thing start to happen. As the cellar door opens on it own, Ash and friend his go into the basement and they come across a tape record and odd book were strange picture's in there.when the tape is played it unleash the evil force in the woods.

The demons in this movie are absoluter frightening (This movie gave me nightmares for weeks after, I had to sleep with light on after watching this movie for the first time.) some of demons are not just scary they are bloody creepy as hell, those scenes send shivers down my spine.

This movie also had a hell of a lot blood and gore, it was fantastic gory as am gore hound i loved those scenes. acting this movie is was fantastic.

I give this movie 10 out 10

Evil Dead II
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pegSpP5plA8[/youtube]

This Evil dead 2 not as Dark The Evil dead and it more of comedy, which is not bad thing at all.

The plot Sequel to The Evil Dead where Ash does not manage to escape the evil from the first movie. Retelling the story only leaves Ash and his girlfriend in the beginning for whatever reason. Ash must now survive another night in the cabin accompanied now by the Professor's daughter, a mechanic, an associate of the Professor, and the mechanic's girlfriend. But the thing in the darkness vows that they will be.

This movie has some scary moments and the demons are still scary in this movie but the most is just playing hilarious! from stat to end, there still a lot gore in this movie, less then The Evil Dead.

Not as awesome as The Evil dead but still fantastic sequel the acting from Ash was Outstanding.

I am going to give this movie a 9/10

Army of Darkness
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD_82kvQLkA

This movie start of showing what happened in Evil Dead 2

This movie is not scary at all, it so much more funny then the other two movies.

This movie is absolutely hysterical as Ash get him self in so much trouble and he has fight with the Evil forces after he goes back in time.

There are many great scenes in this movie that made me laugh, Some scenes. i need mentions are The little Ash was so funny and When Ash VS Ash with two head was classic comedy, i was laughing the whole movie. Great acting from Ash and the whole cast.

This is great end to series and I hope they never make Evil Dead four as they could ruin best horror trilogy ever made.

I give this movie 8 out 10 as it was not gory but it was hell of a lot of fun.

As much as i love sequels, i really hope they don't make another Evil Dead movie, it just perfect the way it is.  The Evil dead is the best   Franchise EVER!)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEphqzsA … re=related[/youtube]

What are your top 3 Favorite Horror  movie Franchise?

Last edited by BASSI (2012-08-10 05:06:40)

Re: What are your top 3 Favorite Horror movie Franchise?

Awesome job compiling all that information, Bassi!

My top three:
1) Romero's Dead series (From NOTLD to SOTD)
2) The Evil Dead (Army of Darkness is my favorite)
3) NOES (They're all fun and enjoyable in my book)

Last edited by The Creature (2012-08-10 14:49:40)

Great article Bassi, very hard to pick 3 so here's five.

A Nightmare on Elm Street.
Final Destination.
Friday the 13th.
Return of the Living Dead.
Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Childs Play
NOES
Evil Dead

So many franchises have entries that are not so good.

The classic Romero 'Dead' series.  'Land' was good until the very end.  I hated 'Diary'.  And have yet to see 'Survival'.

The Final Destination series.  The second is so good that it more then makes up for the fourth one, which wasn't terrible.  The third is about average.

The Evil Dead.

1)Texas Chainsaw Massacre series

2)Evil Dead series

3)Saw series

big_smile

Friday the 13th
Halloween
Evil Dead

Nightmare on Elm Street
Halloween
Toxic Avenger tongue

-

Edited due to 'youthful inarticulate' babble and lack of a more objective perspective of horror movies. Okay? lol

Last edited by The Creature (2012-08-10 14:51:13)

Halloween
Friday the 13th
Child's Play

1) Halloween
2) Scream
3) Romero 'dead' series

I think it Time to updated this post, add to sequels came out last year! 
Added Final Destination 5 and Scream 4 on above list, added new links to trailers!

Last edited by BASSI (2012-08-11 09:21:29)

1. George Romero's zombies series
2. Final destination series
3.Friday The 13th ( the first eight)

1. George Romero's original zombie trilogy
2. 28 Days/Weeks later
3. Evil Dead

Halloween (remakes and all, my favourite series)
Saw (I know many will disagree but I like every film)
I Know What You Did Last Summer/I Still Know (I don't really like the 3rd though)

But I also love the NOES series, Friday the 13th and Texas Chainsaw (even the next generation as a guilty pleasure) other than Halloween and Saw series they are all pretty tied.

Romero's zombie series
Nightmare on Elm Street
Scream

Scream series.
Final Destination (except 4 that sucked balls)
Nightmare on elm street.

Halloween (hands down my all-time favorite)
Nightmare on Elm Street
Romero's Dead series.

In no order:

Halloween
TCM
Saw

Hmm. i think ill change mine actually

1. George Romero's original zombie trilogy
2. Universal's Frankenstein
3. Evil Dead

Last edited by Vasquez (2012-08-10 11:04:22)

Halloween (beats em all for me)

Friday the 13th (Jason is just so badass, even if some of the movies stink)

Evil Dead (waaaayyyy too much fun)

Phantasm.
Evil Dead.
Resident Evil.

Romero's Original Dead Trilogy
Raimi's Evil Dead Trilogy

These are the only two that come to mind which don't include any weak entries.  Every other horror franchise I can think of has had at least one or more shitty installments, who while I may be a fan of certain films in a franchise, I'm not a fan of their franchises on the whole.

It's too hard to pick three!

Romero's Dead
Saw
Scream
Halloween

Props to Final Destination, F13, and NOES also, I love those films. I adore series films, I love how they develop and you get to know the characters

Wheres the love for the old classic franchises?