Topic: The River (TV)

So a new Stephen Spielberg TV series.  Family goes looking for their explorer father in the Amazon.  Includes found footage, and it supposed to have a lot of eeriness. 

Premiers tonight (Feb 7th).  Anyone have any interest?  I'm going to check out the 2 hour premier to see how it goes.

Re: The River (TV)

i saw clips last night, hmc has an add going to. looks cool

I just saw a TV spot for it a few minutes ago.  Looks like it might be interesting; I'll tune in.  If it hasn't kept my interest by the first commercial break, I'll pass on the rest.

Yeah.  I'm decisive like that.

^^
I remember you saying roughly the same thing about AHS.

Oh, how are you liking 'Justified' so far?   Didn't shy away from starting the slaughter early, did they?

^^^ Loving it so far.  Boyd Crowder's looking to figure huge this season if these first few episodes are any indication.  Did you catch last week's episode?  Homeboy's stepping up, man.

Last edited by LoudLon (2012-02-07 19:51:43)

i had to turn the river off it was so bad. poorly done cgi and soap opera acting in my opinion. thoughts?

It was creepy enough for me.  Agree about the black cloud monster, pretty bad.  The tease said only 6 more episodes, so it shouldn't have much filler.  Nothing else on Tuedays (well Justified, but that repeats like 3 times), so why not.

LoudLon wrote:

^^^ Loving it so far.  Boyd Crowder's looking to figure huge this season if these first few episodes are any indication.  Did you catch last week's episode?  Homeboy's stepping up, man.

I liked the bar scene-
"These are my friends."
"And these are MY friends."

Yeah, I see Boyd (I always want to call him "Chowda") eventually getting into a beef with the black guy who's name I forget.  And I'm still trying to figure out the logic behind the corporate drug smuggling scam.

Okay, THE RIVER, yeah I see where it's pretty much going.

It starts off with the same basic background as SUPERNATURAL (of which I've just recently begun to check out BTW, via Netflix, and so far it's pretty good).  The father mysteriously disappears under circumstances that appear to be... well, supernatural.  The family and others sets out to find him or find out what happen and they encounter a whole lot of crazy creepy sh*t along the way.  Except THE RIVER has an added feature.  The new sensation of the horror genre, the found-footage thing (or as I like to sometimes call it, "docu-horror").

To me, so far, it's pretty much predictable compared to other great horror-television like THE WALKING DEAD and AMERICAN HORROR STORY.   And, as someone mentioned earlier, it's got the soap-opera thing going on but what's somewhat ridiculous to me to the point of it being even annoying to watch at times is the found-footage thing that even catches the intimate moments between the characters.  Not that I'm really bothered by any indication of eavesdropping (though I'm a staunch opponent of the "Big Brother in society" thing) but this stuff going on in the television show just seems... stupid.

Anyway, I wouldn't say it's wack (no, it's not outright corny).   But, compared to all the hype that's preceded it, it's not all that either.

Last edited by Black Sunlite (2012-02-08 17:04:24)

I watched the first hour of it and turned it off after that. Not really my thing.

i think network tv isn't going to keep up with the cable heavy hitters (put this in contrast to walking dead) with something like this

you can not ban that which eats
the lon is next 
his mocking is not tolerated

Whoa there, cupcake.  I haven't mocked you.  In fact I've been warning folks not to even mention you.  Take your BS out on someone else.  And how the hell are you still posting after we managed to ban you???

a quim by any other name
would smell as bitter

SOULDOOM

Last edited by LoudLon (2012-08-10 20:15:12)

You know what?
Right after I posted that I had that interview, and would hear about it by the end of the week, he said "the monkey would fail." 

Shove it you wanker!  I will gather the Horde run you down, and eat you, poop you out, eat it again, feed it to worms, eat the worms, and more stuff to be named later.

And I just noticed the fucker changed my title, too.

soul_doom wrote:
you can not ban that which eats
the lon is next 
his mocking is not tolerated

die in a fire
at my hand
You sorry excuse for a jackass.

Heh heh, Rambear is now a "dickhead" and Lon is "impotent."

I'm screwed, aren't I?

I Like The River TV show . That tv show is really a horror show.
i watched all episode and my favorite horror tv show that it.