Topic: Has anyone ever been to a Renaissance Festival?

Okay, I always thought these were hokey because the commercials look so corny but today they were talking about it on WMMR and the guy was saying they have axe-throwing, pirates and other stuff that sounded really fun to me.  Has anyone ever been because I'm actually thinking of checking it out.

Re: Has anyone ever been to a Renaissance Festival?

Never been to one.....but I used to LOVE going to Midevil Times!

Is that the dinner thing where you eat with your hands and watch jousting jmh?  I've always wanted to do that.

You don't have to dress up, but it is so fun to get in the spirit of things. The one I attended was small, outside, vendors sold things like jewelry, raw gems, sheilds and wooden swords for the kids, ect. Food//those big honking turkey legs..lol
storytelling and knighting of children. They had falconers, nice looking guys with armor and battle swords. You could try your hand at axe throwing or beat up a guy in foam with a wooden sword. I didn't see any jousting but that could have been another day.
Bellydancers:) It was a nice day out. I think there were minstrals around somewheres and people came up and put beads on you. Familyl oriented.

Thanks dead, this is starting to sound better and better.  I definitely want to try the axe-throwing, really not sure why, it just sounds like fun. tongue  They really need to get some more interesting commercials for this festival.

Just go!  You'll have a great time.

Yea I use to go to one in the area every year for awhile.. I use to love the Midevil times when I was younger. Its cool you get to eat some great food and watch guys just go crazy beating the shit out of each other.. I always had fun..

Thanks for the input guys, I think we're going to go.  I just looked at their schedule and wished I'd have looked at it earlier in the month though, the pirate weekend was the one just passed.  I'd really have loved that one.

I go twice a year whether I need to or not... Usually to take pics.  Lots of good photo fodder at a Ren Faire.  And my Kids LOVE it.

i might b working at one this fall or sometime, i know someone who works there and they need archers, and im good at shooting a bow, so it would be easy for me.

Yes, and it was boring and smelled like shit.

TiM the Zombie wrote:

Yes, and it was boring and smelled like shit.

And you loved every minute of it! lol