Topic: Happy Birthday H. P. Lovecraft!

It is the old one's birthday!  Happy Birthday to the greatest master of Horror!

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab101/DirtyGirlMovies/lovecraft.jpg

Re: Happy Birthday H. P. Lovecraft!

Happy 122nd Birthday, H.P.!  Though I'm sure the elitist author wouldn't give half a squat to some lowly "fans" giving him a shout-out. lol

Still, you have to admire an author whose work was so unique and groundbreaking that it continues to thrive some 75 years after he kicked the other-dimensional bucket.  Think I'll watch the documentary Lovecraft: Fear of the Unknown in celebration of his work.

EDIT:   Speaking of which, has anyone else seen that docu?  One of the featured experts is a female author named Caitlin Kiernan whose voice sounds like a 6'3 bouncer.  I'm not exaggerating even in the slightest, that broad sounds dead like a dude.  Anyway, if you'd like to check it out, I was just on youtube to see if there a clip with the man-voiced chick and found you can actually watch the entire doc there.  It's pretty good, and very informative.  Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8PIeFN05rI

damn he's as old as wolfman, Happy way post mortem B day

swollenguy wrote:

damn he's as old as wolfman, Happy way post mortem B day

Only by a couple years though.

@Lon- good stuff, fine sir.  You know I'm a Lovecraft fanatic, and I believe this somehow missed my attention.  I owe you one finely crafted aluminiumumumum eraser.  big_smile

You betcha, my Lovecraft-named simian friend.  But I'll pass on the eraser.  How about a 5'6" brunette and a million dollars instead?  Thanks so much. smile

^^
I'm on it, my friend.  Tina Fey wouldn't happen to be 5'6

She's only 5'4".  But she has personality, so...

^^
Look at Mr. Smooth up there.  She'd rock your world like Hurricane Casbah on a shrimping boat in Canada with drop bears.

edit- it sounded much funnier in my head than when I know read it.  lol

Last edited by azathoth (2012-08-21 07:48:55)

Happy birthday to the man of Horror! Speaking of H.P Lovecraft, I picked up Eldritch Tales by him but didn't start reading it yet.

azathoth wrote:

^^
Look at Mr. Smooth up there.  She'd rock your world like Hurricane Casbah on a shrimping boat in Canada with drop bears.

edit- it sounded much funnier in my head than when I know read it.  lol

Heh..."drop bears". 

As for Tina Fey, I'd tear into that broad so hard you'd think she must have insulted my manhood and I was trying to prove a point. big_smile

^^
Dear Cthulhu, man, way too much info right there!  I'm so excited, I feel like a Predatory® Sexual Tyrannosaurus©!

Last edited by azathoth (2012-08-21 08:31:24)