Re: 2012 MLB Thread

6 games in a row, 4 game sweep of the mariners, 1 game under 500, the hitting and pitching is improving all i gotta say is SUCK IT YANKEES (next series).

fuck the halos beat the yankees 9-8 yesterday to get to .500 but jared weaver went down and had to leave the game. I'm a little worried now they worked so hard to get where they are and now this.

Tigers went down to Boston twice in a row, grrrr

Blue Jays won against Baltimore! big_smile

Sox are scuffling, feels alot like last year.

Doc Halladay is out 6-8 weeks with a back lat strain.  sad

All right guys, been too long since we've visited this thread. Personally, I have" 0-zilch-nada" reasons to be pleased with my Padres. At 43-60, 4th place in their div, they most definitely are not gonna be making a run at the playoffs this season, and probably not next season either, etc   *sigh...

Azzy, ma-boy, your Phillies haven't been exactly over achieving this year either. With a record of 45-57, they need to get their shit together. Soon! 

Lon, my man, your Reds are Red Hot at the moment. Riding a 10 game winning streak, and sitting in 1st place in
your div. The difference in the Reds this year is that their b-pen is solid, as well as their SP's.

JJ, your Blue jays are at least keeping their heads above water, in the (IMO) toughest div in baseball. With a winning record of 51-50, it's gonna be tough to catch them " damn Yankees."

daxter, must be nice to add another ace ( Greinke) to your already loaded pitching rotation. With a record of 55-47, and only 4 games behind Texas. The Halos got a decent chance of taking that div. Won't be easy. Texas is a power house.

Last edited by Underdog (2012-07-30 10:38:12)

Oh, stick a fork in the Phils- they just got swept for the 6th time this year, this time by the Braves.  They would have to play roughly .700 ball to get a wildcard.  This just a clunker year; time to retool.

yeah the halos have to look out for oakland as well as texas as the A's have bolted into second place and pushed us down to third (by half a game) and we have one of the two wild card spots. I got to see the game against texas yesterday and they layed a whoopin on the rangers but the line up is pretty good but i wonder what'll happen when vernon wells and chris ianetta come back i hope that doesn't disrupt the chemistry they have.

And the Phils just dumped Victorino and Pence for... people I've never heard of.  Yay.  pphhhhttt!

^ Yea, it surprised me too. Pence is a legit player, who although is streaky at times, puts up big numbers. Cross your fingers that the players your team got in return pays dividends in the long run.

The Padres are 3-2 in their last five game and put an 11-5 ass whooping on the reds yesterday. The Reds are returning the favor tonight with a 6-0 lead in the 4th inng.

^^^ That was an embarrassing outing for Cincie last night, man.  They'd given up nine runs by the bottom of the third -- didn't look at all like the top team in the league.  Cincie had them down 6-0 tonight, but they battled back.  They may have ultimately lost the game 7-6 but a team coming back from a six-run deficit is nothing to sneeze at.

Interesting fact I learned tonight:

The Reds have won 21 of their last 24 games, which gives them the best record of any Reds team sinc 1886.  That's better even than the Big Red Machine of the 70s.  Bad....ass!

Plus they're currently #1 in the NL, with a 4 1/2 games lead over their nearest competitor.  I don't mean to tell tales out of school, but I think I smell at least a Division Championship this year...

Well, now we're selling off our team, I think we can say the Phils are in a rebuilding phase.

Apparently I jinxed Cincie.  They're now on a five-game losing streak and have lost the NL lead to the Nationals.

Aw, man...

I think Philly may still have a baseball team.  I'll have to check to be sure.  (headbang)

edit- I got Skype and HM's emoticons confused.  But stick with headbang.  sad

Last edited by azathoth (2012-08-10 13:43:56)

Ooh!  By saying the Reds are on a five game losing streak, I unjinxed the previous jinxing!  They took Chicago 10-8 today, breaking the losing streak. 

Suck it, cubs!  And by "cubs" I mean the baseball team, not the younger half of a May/December gay couple.

Padres have been playing well and have now won 6-7 game. Taking 2-3 from the Mets, sweeping the Cubbies 3-0, and beating the Pirates last night 9-8. The win last night didn't come without a high price though. Closer Huston Street had to be helped off the field in the 9th inng after straining his calf on the final out. Street has been lights out this season, converting his last 21 saves, while boasting a miniscule .75 ERA.

On a different note; the Padres were sold last week to a group of (hate how this sounds) "investors." Hopefully the new owner will try to put a winning/competitive team on the field, by spending some dough to get a few blue chip players next season. " It could happen."

Phils had their first non-sellout in 267 games.  I haven't watched a game in something like 3 weeks.  It's not even fun watching the incompetence of this team.  It's just "ughhhhh!!!!"

/rant

Hey Lon.  Phils & Reds.  1000 TTs per game?

You're on, home-slice.  Hm.  I wonder what I'm going to do with all those extra toe tags... big_smile

You down 7-5 in the 5th, monkey servant, big_smile

Ah, crap.  When I checked we were up 2-1. lol

Got another close one today, Lon.

^^^ No TV at the moment but I'm keep tabs on reds.com  Bailey's doing well on the mound but where the hell is the Red's offense?

I don't want to pay you another thousand toe tags, dammit. lol

EDIT: And just like that, Cincie takes a two run lead. big_smile