Topic: Carved: The Slit-Mouthed Woman

I just recently got done watching a new Tartan Asia Extreme release called Carved:The Slit-Mouthed Woman.  This is the title that is on the box, but it is more refered to in it's simpler title of just Carved.  Well i must say I have been on a rash of Tartan releases lately, both from their normal label and their Asia Extreme label, and this may be the weakest of all the Tartan releases I have seen.  The story starts off strong but trips over itself and kind of takes the cop-out and changes things up in the middle to make the storyline convenient.  There were a few aspects that were good like the Slit-Mouthed Woman herself(which you can get a good look at in the last 5 seconds of the trailer below) but the story keeps this as nothing more than an average film.  Here is a link to my full review: http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_reviews_2681.htm

Here is the trailer.  I bought this film cause the trailer was pretty cool.  Just watch the last 5 seconds and thats enough to get you hooked.....too bad the whole film that awesome
[terrorfeed]http://www.terrorfeed.com/index.php?id= … an_Trailer[/terrorfeed]

Re: Carved: The Slit-Mouthed Woman

I have a question about this movie.  I watched it online ***REMOVED BY MODERATOR****   Anyways, my question is that on the DVD, are the subtitles understandable?  I don't mean if they are hard to read, but rather do they make sense when you read them?  Because I watched Carved on the website mentioned above and found that the subtitles were hard to follow.  I want to get the movie but I would first like to know about these subtitles, unless it has english dubbing which I don't think it does.  Thanks

vorwald watch the piracy links. we dont condone piracy or allow links to pirate sites here.

I'm sorry for that Meh.  I didn't know that the site was a pirate site.  To be honest, I'm not real familiar with the term, but I will make an effort not to do such a thing agian.  I apologize for that.

no sweat smile

I've actually heard a lot of good things about this movie.. Someone even refered to it as sort of like the next Freddy..

the trailer looks great, i just wish i could understand what they were saying

Goon wrote:

I've actually heard a lot of good things about this movie.. Someone even refered to it as sort of like the next Freddy..

Definitely not the next Freddy......

In regards to the captions, yeah for the most part they made sense.  The part that confused me, as stated in my review, is when we learn the ghost isnt saying "Am I Pretty?" but something completely different (I wont give it away).  I got confused as to how these two phrases were remotely similar and how all of a sudden it changed.  I thought maybe something got lost in translation on that.  But otherwise the captions made sense.

And KTFB, sorry the trailer has no captions.  Thats the problem with foreign horror films sometimes.....I looked all over youtube to see if I could find one with subtitles but no luck.

This asian flick was pretty creepy and I enjoyed it, Dee gets on to me about calling her the Clit Mouthed Woman lol, but joking aside I thought this movie was good and had a few shocking moments in it and enough of a story to keep me interested.

:Edit: I deleted my original thread because I didn't realize there was another one on this topic.

I enjoyed it to a point, but  I just think the who last 20 minutes was a big jumbled mess for it to be considered really enjoyable