Re: Mainstream Horror (last couple of years)

Forgot about Insidious, I thought it was VERY well done and creepy as hell.

Still haven't pulled the trigger on Insidious.  I've had it on my PC for a while now, I'm sure I'll get to it eventually.

I loved drag me to hell and now I can't wait to see the possession.  Who's with me?  It looks good. As far as paranormal activity I tried to watch it but I just couldn't get into it.

^^
Don't know about The Possession.  It seems a retread of the recent possession movies, but it may have a good story to it.  I'm just going off the trailer, so...  you know how that goes.

And by the way River- lovin' that avatar.  It hits the correct balance of awesome and "dear god get me out of here!".  big_smile

Thanks, lol working with my sisters has that affect one minute laughs and giggles and the next you want to pull your hair out.  I have a niece that is always begging me to watch something scary so I have gotten into pg 13 horror movies the last year or so.  Hopefully possession will be a good one, keeping my fingers crossed.

I loved house of the devil. The 80s feel really grabbed me and had me hooked even though it was pretty slow going sometimes.

Cabin in the woods for me is the most impressive mainstream I've seen in a long while. It was funny, gory, jumpy, unexpected and a real good time! I've not felt like I was having fun while watching a movie in a while. There are films I love but are so hard to get through. Cabin in the woods for me was perfect in it's ballance. It's great fun to watch the monsters and pick out which movies and tv series they were from. There were nods to classics everywhere and even little nods to his own Buffy and Angel. People tell me there were references to his other work but I've not seen much of it. When that hits DVD I'm there!

yup^

whoever said Drag Me To Hell.  That is definitely one of the best mainstream horror films of the last few years.

Last edited by PrinceofDarkness (2012-08-23 09:50:02)

Fact: When me and a friend of mine went to see Drag Me To Hell in the cinemas and the scene where the girl gets vomited on in bed literally made me laugh so hard out in the cinema, me and my friend were the only two laughing for about five minutes. I don't know why I found it so funny even to this day.

^^^ September 24th for you folks across the pond. smile

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

Fact: When me and a friend of mine went to see Drag Me To Hell in the cinemas and the scene where the girl gets vomited on in bed literally made me laugh so hard out in the cinema, me and my friend were the only two laughing for about five minutes. I don't know why I found it so funny even to this day.

Not surprising.  There were a lot of moments like that in that movie.  So gross and ridiculous it was just funny.