Topic: How do you rate your movies?

How dose everyone else rate there movies,  I was thinking of posting this last year but total forgot about it.  I am just really

For me they will go like this!
1) Abysmal (Terror Toons)
2) Really Bad (Shark Attack)
3) Poor  (  Dismal )
4) Worth watching (Pet Sematary II)
5) Average (Reeker 2)
6) Good ( Insidious)
7) Really Good ( Critters)
8) Great  (The Others)
9)  fantastic or brilliant (Scanners)
10) Masterpiece (The Birds)

Sometimes I think I am little harsh rating! lol
That is my rating system

How do you rate your movies?

Re: How do you rate your movies?

Your way is awesome big_smile

Mine is something like:

1/10 - The worst of the worst (Black Christmas - remake)
2/10 - Why was this made? (House of the Dead)
3/10 - My eyes! (Prom Night - remake)
4/10 - It hurt a little inside when watching (Halloween 2 - the remake)
5/10 - So bad it's good (The Wicker Man - remake)
6/10 - A step in the right direction. (Urban Legend)
7/10 - I didn't see that one coming (Session 9)
8/10 - Oh movie, Y U SO GOOD!? (Slaughter High, etc.)
9/10 - Hot damn, you're fine (Scream, etc.)
10/10 - Too hot to handle (Halloween, Friday The 13th, Black Christmas, etc.)

Take mine as you will lol

I only gave examples for each rank, not saying they are the only movies I love/hate.

Last edited by Scavenger of Human Sorrow (2012-08-23 08:05:07)

1/10 - Total sh*t One MIssed Call
2/10 - WTF!? Cujo
3/10 - Oh for crying out loud! The Omen remake
4/10 - hum Day of The Dead remake
5/10 - mediocre Halloween remake
6/10 - improvised When a Stranger Calls remake
7/10 - nice The Lost Boys
8/10 - fantastic The Thing
9/10 - Almost no reason to decline Psycho
10/10 WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Shining

Yeah think again this was not good.

Last edited by A Lost Boy (2012-10-11 07:20:17)

rating = description (example):

0/10 = filmmaker should swallow a bullet (Hell of the Living Dead)
1/10 = oy vey...I want my two hours back (Friday the 13th remake)
2/10 = the best thing about it was when it ended (Zombie's Halloween 2)
3/10 = crap, but might have at least one decent thing about it (Maniac)
4/10 = not total garbage, but far from great (Phantasm)
5/10 = good, but lacking something (Halloween 4)
6/10 = better than I thought it would be (Body Parts)
7/10 = a solid, enjoyable horror flick (Dawn of the Dead '04)
8/10 = now we're talking (Near Dark)
9/10 = impressive! (From Beyond)
10/10 = my pants just got sticky (Dawn of the Dead '79)

^^H4 IS BETTER THAN PHANTASM!? Wow

In my opinion, yup.

I liked Halloween IV myself. The only one I truly hate is #3, for obvious reasons.

I shoulda' switch Psycho with The Thing. "ALL RIGHT CUT THA' BULLSH*T!"

Ah, H3 isn't so bad.  It's actually pretty indicative of what was going on in the genre back in the 80s; excessive violence, over the top characters, etc.  Just ignore the "Halloween" part of the title. 

It was never intended to have anything to do with the Michael Myers Halloween flicks anyway; it was an attempt by producers John Carpenter and Debra Hill to make "Halloween" more of an umbrella title or a brand under which they could produce different horror films -- kind of like how Masters of Horror is just a series of different movies by different creators.  The only reason they didn't continue with that idea is because of the backlash from folks who expected another Myers flick.

But eh, what can you do...

Indeed, if they just changed the name from Halloween I probably at first wouldn't of had this huge "the f*ck is this s*it? This isn't Halloween at all!" kind of reaction lol But ah, maybe if I watch through it again I'll think differently.

LoudLon wrote:

Ah, H3 isn't so bad.  It's actually pretty indicative of what was going on in the genre back in the 80s; excessive violence, over the top characters, etc.  Just ignore the "Halloween" part of the title. 

It was never intended to have anything to do with the Michael Myers Halloween flicks anyway; it was an attempt by producers John Carpenter and Debra Hill to make "Halloween" more of an umbrella title or a brand under which they could produce different horror films -- kind of like how Masters of Horror is just a series of different movies by different creators.  The only reason they didn't continue with that idea is because of the backlash from folks who expected another Myers flick.

Pretty good acting but the screenplay for the near final part it's just... and wtf with that woman the guy's like OLD!And she just : "I'm older than I look."

The guy is Tom Atkins, and a pox on you for bad-mouthing him! lol

In all seriousness, though, yeah, Atkins IS an old guy (pushing 80 right now, if memory serves) but is a veteran horror actor with some good flicks under his belt.  H3, The Fog, My Bloody Valentine '09, Bruiser, Drive Angry (blech, but still... ), Maniac Cop, Night of the Creeps (my personal favorite Atkins performance), Creepshow...  He was even in the first Lethal Weapon.

I didn't say he was a bad actor. Sorry for being bad.

You didn't say he was bad.  He's just one of those actors that you'll find a lot of fans jump in defense of, because he's been around so long and has built himself a reputation as an actor who actually LIKES appearing in horror films.  He's like a really old Bruce Campbell in that way. lol

Haha um yeah I didn't say so... yeah...

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

Your way is awesome big_smile

Mine is something like:

1/10 - The worst of the worst (Black Christmas - remake)
2/10 - Why was this made? (House of the Dead)
3/10 - My eyes! (Prom Night - remake)
4/10 - It hurt a little inside when watching (Halloween 2 - the remake)
5/10 - So bad it's good (The Wicker Man - remake)
6/10 - A step in the right direction. (Urban Legend)
7/10 - I didn't see that one coming (Session 9)
8/10 - Oh movie, Y U SO GOOD!? (Slaughter High, etc.)
9/10 - Hot damn, you're fine (Scream, etc.)
10/10 - Too hot to handle (Halloween, Friday The 13th, Black Christmas, etc.)

Take mine as you will lol

I only gave examples for each rank, not saying they are the only movies I love/hate.

I was actually going to watch remake of  Black Christmas today, (the only reason I really got it was because of mary elizabeth winstead after she get killed of I turn off) lol

LoudLon wrote:

Halloween 3 as really grown on me over years, the last time that saw was 2 months ago, I really enjoyed!  and will be seeing it again on Halloween again!

^^ I actually love H3. Silver Shamrock.... God that song gets stuck in my head if I even think about it though lol

Oooh!  A perfect segue into my Halloween III / Silver Shamrock story...

First time I saw that movie was the night before Halloween of '87.  My best pal and I were watching it on TV with my stepmom and near the end, when the flashing pumpkin fills the screen and the bum-BUM-bum-BUM-bum-BUM hits its highest peak, in runs my little brother Richard, screaming, with what appeared to be a screwdriver stabbed straight through his hand and blood pouring.  Stepmom jumps up screaming, my buddy's jaw dropped and he froze, and I'm thinking "What the hell are they freaking out for?  Richard's the one with the screwdriver sticking through his hand." lol

So I run over to Richard and sit him down and it turns out the screwdriver's not sticking through his hand; he was actually holding it in his other hand, the one he was also holding his bloody hand with.  He'd actually been slashed across the palm by my youngest little brother, Joe.  It seems earlier that day Richard had been scaring Joe by waving a steak knife at him and later that night, Joe got hold of the knife and went to return the favor.  But Richard tried to grab the knife away from him and WHACK -- slashed palm.  Richard ended up getting...I think it was thirteen or fourteen stitches -- basically the entire width of his hand (he was only eight or so at the time, Joe was I think five). 

Anyway, I will never forget that.  The flashing pumpkin.  Bum-BUM-bum-BUM-bum-BUM-bum-BUM...and screams of bloody terror as Richard ran in bleeding all over the place. lol

I am a fan of Halloween 3 also, I usually watch it around Halloween time.  The song is the best part!  My son was singing it for days after we watched it....lol

How I rate my movies...

1/10- hated it
2/10- probably didn't make it through the whole movie because it was so bad.
3/10- really bad or boring movie, most of the newer Horror on Netflix falls under this rating.
4/10- didn't really like it, but didn't hate it either.
5/10- boring, poorly acted, terrible writing...something is wrong but it is still watchable.  a lot cheesy movies end up with this rating.
6/10- fun movie but will probably never buy the dvd or watch it again.
7/10- fun movie, I will most likely buy the dvd and watch again.
8/10- loved something about it...the cast, the story, the setting, will watch many times.
9/10- loved the movie, nearly perfect but not quite one of my favourites.  will most likely watch it multiple times
10/10-  Loved it so much that I have seen it so many times now that I can recite the lines.  If it comes on TV, I will be watching it no matter how many times I have already seen it.  A true classic.

^^ DG and I are on the same wave length smile

0 - I want to shoot myself in the head (I Spit On Your Grave)
1 - Zzzz . . . (Paranormal Activity)
2 - I want my money back (A Nightmare on Elm Street remake)
3 - What was that? (Cloverfield)
4 - Not worth it, but oh well (The Omen remake)
5 - Some of it was alright, some of it was bad (Halloween remake)
6 - Not bad, not great (The Texas Chainsaw Massacre)
7 - Interesting (Friday the 13th)
8 - Good movie, will probably buy the DVD if I see it at Wal-Mart - (Fright Night - original)
9 - Son of a bitch, that was a good movie (Halloween - original)
10 - A-freaking-mazing. (Scream, A Night on Elm Street, Martyrs)

Interesting Bear already join in

LoudLon wrote:

I really wish that they would have taken the "Halloween" franchise in the direction of H3 - a different story each time, but maybe connecting them together somehow (even with a nod to a previous installment here and there). As much as I like Michael Myers, it got stale.

Anyway...

1 - An abomination (The Victim)
2 - Absolutely dreadful (Prom Night remake)
3 - Just plain bad, maybe one redeeming quality (A Nightmare on Elm Street remake)
4 - Had potential but didn't follow through (La Horde)
5 - Average/even mix of good and bad (Inferno)
6 - Decent to watch, even enjoyable, just not anything special (The Blob remake)
7 - Very good, just something holding it back from being top quality (Demons 2)
8 - Brilliant, would watch multiple times (Prince of Darkness)
9 - We're talking the best of the best here (Halloween '78)
10 - Masterpiece, as close to movie perfection as possible (The Thing '82 or Dawn of the Dead '78)