Re: Found Footage Films

ChainSaW80 wrote:
JJ wrote:

Just watched Evidence after seeing everyone giving it a good review on here pretty good I am not a big fan of ff but that was really well done best ff I have watched this year, but sadly yet to have watched V/H/S

I thought V/H/S had some good moments, I liked the idea and overall it was pretty good but I liked Evidence more. That last half is balls to the wall crazy!

I will keep that in mind I am still excited for VHS but yeah Evidence was for sure a lot better than I expected it to be

@Spaceboots- Haven't see Lake Mungo yet, sorry.

^Az, Lake Mungo is not really found footage, but more of a faux documentary.  It is though probably one of my favorite entries from the After Dark Horror Fest series.  Definitely not for everyone's tastes however.

Agree with Alien. I loved Lake Mungo. When you watch it a second time, you notice a LOT of stuff you never did first time around. Great Faux-Doc.

V/H/S  was good.. had lots of creepy moments.. just didn't care for the 'jackass" wannabees who starred in it..
The Wicksboro Incident was very low budget but interesting. reminded me of Invasion

MistressOf Horror wrote:

V/H/S  was good.. had lots of creepy moments.. just didn't care for the 'jackass
The Wicksboro Incident was very low budget but interesting. reminded me of Invasion

well helllooooo there mistress!! howwwwlllll ! xxxx

Anyone know when Paranormal Proof ?  coming out!

I too just saw V/H/S... eh, twas okay. Too disjointed tho. I wasn't expecting the stories to be all cohesive, but individually, some just didn't make any sense. Ti West's in particular with the "couple"... were they? Muh-nuh-nuh? Plus the over use of pixelation and video fuzz/grain was distracting.

I thought V/H/S was mostly solid, but the "Tuesday the 17th" segment was terrible.

^^^ There was an episode of the show Psych called "Tuesday the 17th."  It was an homage to slasher flicks and was pretty damn funny.

^ Might check that out sometime, I've actually seen a few episodes of Psych and thought it was a good show.

Also, there's a spoof movie called Saturday the 14th, but I haven't seen it yet.

Is V.H.S out on dvd now? If so I'll pick it up.

Psych's a cool show.  The lead actor James Roday, who's also a producer, is a big fan of 80s horror (he even appears as an interviewee in the documentary His Name Was Jason: 30 Years of Friday the 13th) and has a knack for horror-themed episodes.  They did a werewolf episode featuring David Naughton of An American Werewolf in London; a vampire episode with Kristy Swanson from the Buffy movie; a Twin Peaks episode with most of that show's original cast, and others.  It's a fun little show.

@Lon- was that episode of Psych the one that had the ghost?  If so, I agree, that was great.  If not, I'll have to look up the one you're talking about.

No, but the one you're talking about was a good episode, too.  I think that one was from the second season.  The one I'm talking about is toward the end of the third season;  Shawn and Gus go to a summer camp an old friend has purchased and a guy wearing a sack on his head (a la Friday part 2) is killing people off.  Has the hands-down funniest Shawn scream of the entire series so far...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pSmaJbVHPQ

lol

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

Is V.H.S out on dvd now? If so I'll pick it up.

It's "On Demand" right now. Or, you know... "other" means as well. DVD is I think October.

^ Gosh darnit.

All weekend I being trying to watch Troll Hunters and everyone I get ready to put on,  someone knock on door!

Bank Hoilday Monday Today UK, I going today, when everyone else in out the house,hoping no one is going knock door again!

Watched The Lost Coast Tapes last night and what a bummer, because it was such a let down.  Great premise, but failed execution.

Watched The Dinosaur Project and Crowsnest recently, both were entertaining, but nothing really special.

As anyone  seen Alone with Her (2006)  (I saw this when  to the shop called pound land, i was hoping they had the same fake hand they had last year! but they didn't ) anywoo
Is this movie any good,

Finally saw V/H/S.  Easily one of the best found footage I've seen.  What an entertaining movie.  Had some creepy parts too.  The gore was realistic and not over the top.  No one running around screaming to turn off the camera...so that was a bonus too.  This was just a solid, great flick.

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2012-09-27 01:11:29)

alien25 wrote:

Watched The Lost Coast Tapes last night and what a bummer, because it was such a let down.  Great premise, but failed execution.

i just saw this too..i agree with you..

also saw The Dinosaur Tapes, Home Movie, and Haunted Changi...all were 'ok'

MistressOf Horror wrote:
alien25 wrote:

Hey Mistress! smile
How'd you like the  ending of The Lost Coast Tapes?

alien25 wrote:
MistressOf Horror wrote:
alien25 wrote:

Hey Mistress! smile
How'd you like the  ending of The Lost Coast Tapes?

I was not happy with the ending..  the feet of 'whatever' came thru seemed reptillian ? or maybe I was seeing things ??  and were we lead to believe that Bigfoot is a guardian ??  what a let down and absolutely no real explanation what so ever. sucked