Topic: V/h/s

Disturbing is the only thing I can say about this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uOISibzrUI

Can't wait to see that.

Re: V/h/s

I watched it, thought it was pretty good. Some of the stories leave a lot to be desired, but overall it's a fun watch.

Re: V/h/s

like most anthologies, some segments were better than others.  I like the first and the last one.  In fact, the first one was the best in the movie!

Re: V/h/s

I'll pick it up when it releases on DVD, looking forward to it though.

Speaking of anthology's, one anthology that is great all around and doesn't have a very weak story would be Trick 'r Treat. I'd say pick that up if you haven't already. There's other anthology's too but that's the first one to come to mind.

Re: V/h/s

^^ Yeah guess I'll wait for DVD to.

Re: V/h/s

Understandably 1 or 2 of the stories were significantly weaker than the rest but overall a relatively impressive collective effort. My favourites from the anthology were '10/31/98' and 'Amateur Night'.

Last edited by Vasquez (2012-08-27 17:03:20)

Re: V/h/s

Theatre Bizarre was pretty good also.

Re: V/h/s

I enjoyed it quite a bit, even liked Ti West's segment, though it was not one of the stronger ones.  The only one I didn't really care for was Tuesday the 17th, I wish they would have skipped that one and done more with the wrap around segment instead.

Re: V/h/s

Yeah, I didn't like that one either.  But The Sick Thing That Happened to Emily When She Was Younger was good.  nice twist at the end  smile

Re: V/h/s

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

Speaking of anthology's, one anthology that is great all around and doesn't have a very weak story would be Trick 'r Treat.

Oh yes!!! Loved it and Anna Paquin is in it so how can I not like. big_smile

Re: V/h/s

alien25 wrote:

I enjoyed it quite a bit, even liked Ti West's segment, though it was not one of the stronger ones.  The only one I didn't really care for was Tuesday the 17th, I wish they would have skipped that one and done more with the wrap around segment instead.

Yes, this!

Re: V/h/s

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

I'll pick it up when it releases on DVD, looking forward to it though.

Speaking of anthology's, one anthology that is great all around and doesn't have a very weak story would be Trick 'r Treat. I'd say pick that up if you haven't already. There's other anthology's too but that's the first one to come to mind.

I'm really on my own there. I hated (yes, hated) Trick 'r Treat. One of the biggest letdowns in a long time. I almost rage quit watching it a few times, but pushed through and wished I would have stopped. Nothing worked for me at all. None of the stories or the main narrative.

Agree with V/H/S tho. First and last stories were the best. I found Ti West's "Second Honeymoon" to be the worst. It was just a disjointed mess, that made no sense at all.

Re: V/h/s

Personally I'm kinda tired of the "found footage" movies. They were interesting to begin with, but just never thought they were over done and pretty much just got boring. This one has a little hope for me because there are multiple stories, which I always like in any film. Guess I'll have to watch it when it comes out and see how I feel after.

Re: V/h/s

V/H/S had a lot of creepy moments but the characters were easily forgetable ( the guys were much like the ones in the "jackass" movies ) and the timeline between stories was a bit confusing. It seemed as though they were watching it play on the VCR then it would cut to their footage ? but the stories themselves were creepy. The one about the "weird date" and the "halloween Party" were the best.  didnt care for the "killer in the woods" or "the traveling couple" stories all that much.
But I gotta hand it to the filmmakers by trying to put a spin on the found footage genre by making an anthology out of it.