Re: Worst horror movies of all time.

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

Alien Resurrection is easily one of the worst horror movies ever made. And no, I'm not kidding.

It's not. Maybe you're a fan of the series, like I am, and you were disappointed by the 4th installment. Objectively, this is not a weak horror movie. Put it near "Humongous", or "Mexican werewolf in Texas", and you'll see it's not bad at all.

^^
Yeah, I'd say it's in the category of 'horrible sequel,' rather than 'horrible movie.'  And some more comparisons- Zombie Lake and Winterbeast.  <shudders>

^^I was truly disappointed by Alien and Aliens. I kinda want to like them. And I did! But I felt like I was simply lying to myself.

^^
Everyone has films they like or don't like.  No one has to like a film just because other people do.  That's the  nice thing about horror, there tends to be something for every horror fan.

Could a sworn i posted on this thread before but here are some i would recommend to avoid.

AVP: Requiem
Strippers v Werewolves

hellrat wrote:
Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

Alien Resurrection is easily one of the worst horror movies ever made. And no, I'm not kidding.

I agree,they should have stopped after Aliens.

I agree that it is not the strongest in the series but one of the worst horror films of all time, no way. If u appreciate as the directors own distinct take on the alien concept it aint that bad. The visuals for instance are very impressive. I love the scene......../DRAG TO SEE TEXT

where she encounters the previous genetic experiments. I thin k its one of the most effectively haunting and disturbing sequences in the whole franchise.

Sure the newborn thing was a bit of a mess but there are lot, and i mean a lot worse or inferior horror films out there. E.g AVP:Requim, Strippers v Werewolves, Alone in the Dark or the multitude of american remakes of foreign, particularly asian cinema. You cant dismiss that the director behind it directed some highly acclaimed films in others genres e.g The City of Lost Children.

Last edited by Vasquez (2012-08-30 08:04:04)

I actually liked Resurrection in a way. And now I realised that I didn't watched properly Alien and Aliens and discovered that I actually lked them. I hate Requiem. Seriously, WTF!?

I liked AVP2. Might be the only person in the world who did but tbf I was never bored watching it big_smile

The only thing good about it was it has Wolf and Predalien.

And also UltraViolence this might be off topic but I just realised that your avatar wasn't smiling from the beginning... at all. I thought it smiled when I joined in this forum.

^ That's kinds freaky.

nah, this is freaky-

http://www.photoshoppix.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10002/freaky_monkey.jpg

^ Yes...that is definitely freaky.

^^ lol Hahaha yeah freaky.

Yeah, you can find the weirdest stuff on the internet.  And I'm not even talking about Rule 34.

UltraViolence wrote:

I liked AVP2. Might be the only person in the world who did but tbf I was never bored watching it big_smile

No you're not, I enjoy it also.
But for me the worst horror flick ever is definitely Bloody Wednesday which came in a nice grave like box called BloodFest with 5 other really good movies.

The Thisrty Dead
Blood Siters
House By The Cemetary
The Hatchet Murders

But this one yerk!!!

There are a ton of really bad horror movies. The list could go on forever.

For me it was the remake of " The Omen."

Last edited by Underdog (2012-09-02 10:48:21)

House of the Dead (2003) - probably the worst,not only horror genre,but the worst movie I've ever seen.

Some of the worst for me are Kill the Scream Queen, Slaughtered Vomit Dolls, August Underground... Just awful, absolute crap.

I think me and Lon are among a few who didn't at all care for Hatchet. Why does that have a huge following when good, original indie stuff like Mulberry Street goes by largely unnoticed.

I didn't like Hatchet either. Actually, I've never made it all the way through the movie.

The absolute worst movie I have ever -- and to date I believe WILL ever see -- was a screener I received when I used to write reviews for zombiekeeper.com.  It's called Mr. Irish.  Luckily, I doubt anyone else will ever have to suffer through it.  But if you're curious...

http://www.angelfire.com/movies/wilburc … irish.html

^^ First of all, how the hell are we supposed to read that text?

And if you think the text is bad, you should see the movie. lol

Incidentally -- left click and drag.  A-doy! big_smile

I thought Hatchet was all around poor and I actually guessed what would happen at the end. It was so obvious, just ripping parts out of all other horror movies and blending it into their idea.