Re: Evil Dead 2 is a sequel. Let the confusion end

azathoth wrote:
Pyhhra wrote:

Well said Azathoth. Although after reading through all the posts now I need to go back and watch the second one. It's been far too long as it is and I can't fully remember it.

Thanks.  I'd recommend doing a back-to-back watching (or at least the last scenes of #1) to see what you think.  I honestly can see it going either way.

And let us not forget the discrepancy between the end of ED2 and the beginning or Army of Darkness.

Yep that will be my plan. I'm trying to watch a movie a day even if it isn't horror. I'm hoping I can just get all 3 and dork out all day.

This is just too perfect-

http://www.fohguild.org/forums/attachments/screenshots/184306d1317425063-animated-gif-thread-1317141396583.gif

^^OH MY GOD NOOOOOOOOO! Guesh...

Last edited by A Lost Boy (2012-08-30 22:42:23)

Pyhhra wrote:

Yep that will be my plan. I'm trying to watch a movie a day even if it isn't horror. I'm hoping I can just get all 3 and dork out all day.

That would be fun to do (wish I had the time)!  And if you have the time, and haven't seen/heard it before, Bruce's commentary track on ED2 is great.

azathoth wrote:
Pyhhra wrote:

That would be fun to do (wish I had the time)!  And if you have the time, and haven't seen/heard it before, Bruce's commentary track on ED2 is great.

I will make sure to do that. Thanx!

Best thread EVER!

That was entertaining ...lol

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab101/DirtyGirlMovies/popcorn-1.gif

What DG said big_smile I really shouldn't sink so low but.... Yeah.

@DG- Awesome emoticon/gif!  Now I want popcorn at 7:30 AM, lol

I just see ED2 as a remake but Raimi made a connection at the start of the movie because it was named "Evil Dead II" - But took it as it's own and based it more on comedy than horror. Of course everyone sees it differently and that's fair, just sharing mine big_smile

(Which I did at the start but shhhh lol)

He simply ret-conned the sequel.

personally, I consider ED2 a remake. But what do I know big_smile

Well...I'm going to blow all your minds, and let you know how you are clearly all wrong and I am right...

Evil Dead 1 was actually a remake of Evil Dead 2, and Army was a sequel of the forever lost prequel.

Thread closed!  smile

<--- mind = BLOWN

big_smile

^^^
Ah, now it all makes sense.  Thanks Ghosty!  lol

Just a few things - 1. This thread has been most entertaining  2. both movies kick ass and I could care less if one of them is a remake-sequel-prequel-whatever. 3. Must watch them back to back after this, purely for enjoyment purposes and nothing else. Might as well throw Army in there as well and just make a night of it.

Last edited by Ms.Gorefiend (2012-08-31 06:00:08)

Upon reading and being thoroughly entertained by this post i am compelled to rewatch My Name Is Bruce this morning..Probably should watch the ED series again for chuckles

Hell im sure Ash would himself get just as confused about this as he was trying to do the Necronomicon incantation.

@Ms. G- go for the trilogy and go with Hostel's 'My Name is Bruce' as a bonus!  4 movies of The Bruce!

http://api.ning.com/files/Q2zEACsTVVM0F9yXtPN8gwweS*RPswvPkj1R-2KcyrYEgt-8obVBKgEHA1NNswSJG500djIQkJ3yh5yK-5hQDw__/BruceCampbellEvilDead2laugh.gif

Holy poop, that even disturbs me!  lol

^^^  That pic wouldn't be near as disturbing if I wasn't using my 32" flat screen TV as a monitor right now.  Come to this thread and it's like WHAM, huge and looking me dead in the face. lol

^^
I aim to please, sir.  big_smile

"Alright you primitive screwheads listen-up. You see this? "This", is my BOOMSTICK! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's "Top of the line". You can find this at the "Sporting goods" Department. That's right this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapid, Michigan. Retails about a hundred nine ninety-nine. It got a walnut-stock, cobalt-blue steel, and a haired-trigger. That's right, shop smart, shop S-Mart. YOU GOT THAT!"

"Now I swear: The next one of you primates even TOUCHES me... KILL!"

Army of Darkness was just plain awesome for a sequel and the end for a great trilogy.

^^
Concur.

Haven't read any of the preceding comments here so I'm responding to the thread title.
Yes, Evil Dead 2 is a remake inasmuch as it plays out as if the first film never even existed. I love Raimi's approach and his way of disregarding his previous film is quite refreshing and upping the grue and comedy stakes was a damn fine tactic.. It's a bloody triumph and in many ways surpasses the first film. But let's drop all nomenclature here yah? 'Remake', 'reboot', 'reimagining' my arse. It's simply a sincere and unpretentious rehash of a bloody good film so let's all have a drink to this gory and hilarious REMAKE before we all fall over from taking ourselves too seriously.

Man, I bailed out of checking this thread early after it got too heated. Had to come back cause I didn't realise there was a banning over it.

Never cared if it was a remake/sequel because I enjoy them both and never actually thought about it. There are two Evil Dead timelines: the first timeline is the first movie, and the start of the second movie cuts over to an alternate timeline and everything continues on from there. Why are there two timelines? Because I'm talking out of my ass and have no idea where I'm going with this lol.