Topic: Who is the best horror movie killer?

I was going to say Jason Vorhees because he kills a certian amount of people, he uses different weapons, he kills people in different ways. I don't think a lot of the killers in horror movies kill a certain amount of people, like chucky. I don't think a lot of killers in horror movies use different weapons, michael myers, freddy krueger, leatherface. A lot of killers in horror movies kill people in different ways. Let me know if you think their is a better killer in horror movies, and please say why the killer is better. Please only vote once, and no more after that.

Last edited by goku4eternity (2012-08-31 01:03:17)

Re: Who is the best horror movie killer?

Well me I go for Michael Myers.

I am going with Michael Myers

as there where No Pinhead! or Victor

Jason from the list,also Victor Crowley (Hatchet),Babyface (The Hills Run Red)

Last edited by flamethrower (2012-09-17 16:55:12)

The awesome mister Kruger.
OH, forgot Samara. I love her so much I'd marry her. Hahahaha big_smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2012-08-31 14:37:38)

Freddy Kruger. He's terrifying! Scared me to the point I didn't wanna go to sleep!

Honorable mention to : Baby Firefly, purely because shes effin' nuts!

Jason Vorhees. He has the highest body count, dude doesn't mess around, he gets the damn job done.

I'm with Bassi, I gotta go Pinhead.  Dude rules hell, has insta-chain action, and has nails in his head.  Now, that is one badass guy.

But I did vote for Freddy in the poll.

Last edited by azathoth (2012-08-31 14:44:58)

My N1 vote goes to Candyman actually. A tragic but ruthless killer.

If you didn't say if we had to stick to the people you made in the poll or we could name our own favorite killers so I'll do it both ways.

(According to your poll)
Jason Vorhees: I'd say he is the best simply because of the way he kills people, in all the movies he has, he always done something different in one and it was always awesome. One of my favorites was in Friday the 13th: Part II where Jason kills the guy in the wheelchair with the machete to the face and he goes all the way down the stairs lol or in Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood where Jason kills the chick in the sleeping bag by bashing her off the tree! (I know that scene is a bit wrong but whatever, it's a cool kill nonetheless). Countless other awesome kills but those are the two that come to my mind straight away.

(Not according to your poll)
Ghostface: One of my all time favorite killers, Ghostface is just...so smart and the character is so realistic, he doesn't get shot in the head with a shotgun, then get up and keep walking towards the helpless victim. He's believable, the way he phones his victims and gets talking to them and interacts instead of killing them off straight away is very enjoyable too (like the famous opening scene of Scream). He obviously only stays with his knife but it's just the build-up to the kills and everything that happens around them. One of my favorite kills by Ghostface though is in Scream 2 where at the start the dude goes into one of the stalls in the bathroom, to only hear noises from the other stall and puts his ear up to the wall inbetween them. Then Ghostface forces the knife through the wall into him! Man that was such a great kill lol (not to mention one that happens directly after either, but I really loved that first one).

(One worth noting)
Leslie Vernon: Is he the best killer of all time? No, but is he one funny, very believable, entertaining and smart killer? Heck yes! I loved the movie Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon. Man, it's just the way that Leslie is that makes him so unique and awesome. It's not like he has some of the best kills or anything but he's just so awesome. We see the way through the film that how he works and the stuff he does and dude it's just amazing. I loved the movie and he's a great killer. I was so saddened that the sequel/prequel didn't raise enough money to get one, and yet Paranormal Activity is on it's fourth when BTM is a way better movie? It nearly makes me sick.

Anyway, make what you want of the ones I named smile

I love the first Ghostface. I liked how he was a tad clumsy and you could tell it was a teen in a mask who would die if you shot him.

The phone conversations (in all Scream's) was one of my favorite aspects personally, they were just so smart and funny. Plus, the killers voice was always awesome.

I love scream anyway, it's my favourite franchise because it appeals to my generation, it was fresh at the time and pretty inteligent.

Michael Myers.  The cold, emotionless juggernaut, that whacky hair hinting at the crazed psychopath beneath that blank white face, perfect for projecting your own fears onto like some kind of phobic movie screen.  I'll take The Shape any ol' day of the week.

Of the mentioned " Jason."

Of the not mentioned " Hannibal Lecter."

At one point I woulda said Freddy.

Then Jason. 

Then Michael.

Now back to Jason.

I love Ghostface too.

Michael Myers always creeped me out the most, so my vote goes to him.

LoudLon wrote:

Michael Myers.  The cold, emotionless juggernaut, that whacky hair hinting at the crazed psychopath beneath that blank white face, perfect for projecting your own fears onto like some kind of phobic movie screen.  I'll take The Shape any ol' day of the week.

Yeah, Michael Myers has always been my favorite.  He's not always the most brutal or imaginative of the bunch, but there's something about his automaton-like movements, his mannequin-esque death mask, cold-dead stare, and straight forward manner of slashing that I find chilling.  Plus, he does his business during the best season of the year, so...

Freddy Krueger is my fave of the big four, but second would be Leslie Vernon from Behind the Mask.

^ Hope we see more of Leslie Vernon.

Maxwell wrote:

Yeah, Michael Myers has always been my favorite.  He's not always the most brutal or imaginative of the bunch, but there's something about his automaton-like movements, his mannequin-esque death mask, cold-dead stare, and straight forward manner of slashing that I find chilling.  Plus, he does his business during the best season of the year, so...

Definitely agree with this, well put. Dr. Loomis' description of Myer's evil is also spooky. Now I want to watch Halloween.

Last edited by Chomper (2012-09-02 18:47:23)

He's utilitarian.  He only does what he needs to do to get the job done.  I appreciate that kind of direct approach in a movie killer. lol

The one aspect of Michael Myers that I wasn't a big fan of was the way most of his kills were kind of the same, and not very creative. Of course there was moments in films in which he was creative, but just saying.

The reason why i like Candyman so much is as i say he is a tragic figure yet brutal. I like the way that his weapon, the hook is attached to his body (like an extension, is the hook a reference to african american treatment?). The bees are a pretty unique way of killin i think aswell. I love how he is summoned kinda recalling classic myths e.g Bloody Mary. His 'crib' is darn spooky aswell. In a opposite way to Myers he has a very distinct voice that is very haunting and almost hypnotizing, especially to female victims. Tony Todd brings so much to his character. His ancient backstory is also, again very interesting. Quite of my points have nothing to do with how he kills but they are why his character is so interesting to me.

http://hollywoodhatesme.files.wordpress … er-bob.jpg

I voted for Freddy