Re: Introduce Yourself

Fulcento wrote:

Thanks KXnPunk & A Lost Boy. Yeah, this site seems like loads of fun. I look forward to posting my mad disjoinetdness (is that even a word!?) on here and yeah, I happened upon this place through a fortuitous google search for 'horror forums', cheers for the gracious acceptance me mateys!

Also you beat me at horror images guesing game. Good job!

Heheh, no worries pal, my picture is from a somewhat dubious and distasteful film. I kept trying to copy & paste a scene from 'Frontieres' but every bloody URL had the film title included! I know this isn't the appropriate place to ask but if anyone can walk me through how to take screenshots I'd be very grateful...

^^ I dunno what that is either O_o

Fulcento wrote:

...if anyone can walk me through how to take screenshots I'd be very grateful...

Download VLC player.  It plays every video format there is (except quicktime) and has a snapshot featue. smile

Or get a Mac, Command-Shift-3 and bam. Screenshot on your desktop.
But yeah, I guess it's easier to get VLC which is really the best player ever built. Even plays formats I didn't know existed.

LoudLon wrote:
Fulcento wrote:

...if anyone can walk me through how to take screenshots I'd be very grateful...

Download VLC player.  It plays every video format there is (except quicktime) and has a snapshot featue. smile

Yeah, I watch most me films on VlC, that's the program with a traffic cone icon right? My question is how do I snap a pic  and then use that as a URL?

On the bottom of the player you'll see a little camera icon.  Just pause the movie on the image you want and click the camera icon.  VLC's default save folder for snapshots is "My Pictures" (if you're using Windows).

Then, upload the pic to someplace like photobucket.com (that's the one I use) or flickr or tumblr or whatever photo storing site you use.  It'll instantly assign the pic a URL.  Just copy and paste the URL here, and be sure to bookend it with [img]and[/img].

Test:
http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh544/Fulcento/a5eb81de.png

Last edited by Fulcento (2012-09-02 08:51:11)

YES!!! It worked.=D
Thanks a million LoudLon! Next time I'm in 'Eastern KY' (I'm assuming that's Kentucky, not the jelly!) I'll buy you a beer or fourteen.
Cheers again mate. Nice one:)
http://www.skyscanner.com/news/articles/2010/09/03/beer.cheers.JPG

Welcome aboard Fulcento:)
psst already getting Lon drunk eh?
he will be putty in your hands, MwHahahaha

Welcome Fulcento !!! HF smile

To all the newer members. " welcome...and could one of you loosen up the noose on my neck."

Yes, welcome to the forum, Fulcento & flamethrower. I assure you that your experience at HM.CA will be absolutely terrifying to the extremes. Here you will encounter monkeys with knives, a sadistic mistress with evils in mind that mere mortals can't imagine, a really loud guy named Lon who's favorite reading material consists mainly of Playgirl magazine (but for the articles only big_smile ), an anthropomorphic dog (which you've met above), a crazy lady by the name of Daph who rules the dead (and the living), a dirty girl with an unsationable love for the dead, a perverted werewolf with a love for big boobies and 'albuminimumum', a Horror Queen that commands everyone to be sentenced to a fatal blob of Yorkshire pudding, and on and on and on. smile

And as we say, just kick those bodies aside when you come in through the door. Muhahaha.

Last edited by The Creature (2012-09-02 11:18:10)

Underdog wrote:

To all the newer members. " welcome...and could one of you loosen up the noose on my neck."

Yeah, here you go man. smile

Or woman what do I know... lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2012-09-02 11:27:49)

Cheers thedeadshallrule, Underdog and The Creature, I must say I'm very much looking forward to getting acquainted with "monkeys with knives, a sadistic mistress with evils in mind that mere mortals can't imagine, a really loud guy named Lon who's favorite reading material consists mainly of Playgirl magazine (but for the articles only ), an anthropomorphic dog (which you've met above), a crazy lady by the name of Daph who rules the dead (and the living), a dirty girl with an unsationable love for the dead, a perverted werewolf with a love for big boobies and 'albuminimumum and a Horror Queen that commands everyone to be sentenced to a fatal blob of Yorkshire pudding!" They sound like my sort of people! I've met Lon already, he was kind enough to answer my nooby question and I loves me some Yorkshire puds, in fact, the missus is cooking some up right now to go with our sunday roast! Get in there! I love being English sometimes heheh!

^^ Hope you enjoy being in tha forum like me. smile

kXnPunk wrote:
Underdog wrote:

Yeah, here you go man. smile

Or woman what do I know... lol

You had it right the first time.

@Creature-  It's a nuclear knife!

Fulcento wrote:

Cheers thedeadshallrule, Underdog and The Creature, I must say I'm very much looking forward to getting acquainted with "monkeys with knives, a sadistic mistress with evils in mind that mere mortals can't imagine, a really loud guy named Lon who's favorite reading material consists mainly of Playgirl magazine (but for the articles only ), an anthropomorphic dog (which you've met above), a crazy lady by the name of Daph who rules the dead (and the living), a dirty girl with an unsationable love for the dead, a perverted werewolf with a love for big boobies and 'albuminimumum and a Horror Queen that commands everyone to be sentenced to a fatal blob of Yorkshire pudding!" They sound like my sort of people! I've met Lon already, he was kind enough to answer my nooby question and I loves me some Yorkshire puds, in fact, the missus is cooking some up right now to go with our sunday roast! Get in there! I love being English sometimes heheh!

monkeys with knives: azathoth

sadistic mistress: ?

anthromorphic dog: Underdog

Perveted werewolf:?

Hahaha! lol

Hey flamethrower and Fulcento! Probably the only time I'll address you by your full username lol

Nice to have another English person amongst our ranks, whereabouts you from?? I'm from Yorkshire, hence the puds reference big_smile

I hail from the cultural wasteland known as Manchester! I'm half cut now as I just watched the reds come from behind to beat Southampton! VAN PERSIE I LOVE YOU!!!
P.s - I read earlier that you're from Leeds yet you support Man U? WTF? Leeds & Man U fight like cats & dogs!
Anyway, charmed, I'm sure haha!

^^ o_O What the...

Sadistic Mistress = MistressOfHorror
Perverted Werewolf = Werewolf1959 aka Wolfy

^^Well I guess that literally make sense. LOL Stupid me tongue

Im a Liverpool supporter. Dont remind me .