Topic: Weather forecast for winter 2012 to 2014

I was gutted with last this past winter, it's June now, i feel like we had better weather December, any there were only two colds spell i can remember this year as there were no big freeze this year.

With the post i made last year  http://www.horror-movies.ca/Forum/viewt … p?id=28677
which tun out to be a load of rubbish.

Here another person who forecast for next few winters.

Winters of 2012/2013…2013/2014 & 2013 UK / Planet Seismic and Volcanism Predictions

(Also seen on the TPUC Forum on Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:31 am - page 89 http://www.tpuc.org/forum/viewtopic.php … ;start=880 )

© Richard C Crabtree Friday January 27th 2012

The notes for making these predictions were originally gathered in June 2008, and the subsequent predictions were constructed by my analysis of cosmic data as seen in  the publication known as Raphael’s 51 Year Ephemeris 2000-2050 http://www.skylarkbooks.co.uk/Shop/medi … emeris.htm 

To the very best of my knowledge these detailed predictions for the winter weather of 2012 / 2013 and 2013 / 2014 are the earliest (first published on this website on Friday January 27th 2012, then posted onto the TPUC forum http://www.tpuc.org/forum/viewtopic.php … ;start=880 on Sunday January 29th 2012) published detailed predictions of their type seen anywhere in the public or private domain in any form. Also to the very best of my knowledge, my predictions for the dated time periods that earthquakes of magnitude 6.0 or stronger and/or an increase in volcanic activity, i.e. volcanic eruptions etc., to occur in the UK or in other areas of the planet in 2013, are also the earliest (dates shown above) of their type published and placed into the public domain…… Richard C Crabtree, Crook County Durham - Friday January 27th 2012

Extract from my predictions published on June 11th 2008…… “There will be steady (at first) rise in Global weather phenomena such as heat- waves, hurricanes, gales, storms, heavy-snow fall (especially around 2013) torrential rain and floods up to 2012/2013 and possibly beyond.”

Two extracts from my post on the tpuc forum dated January 26th 2012……I’ve been looking through my original notes for winter 2011 / 2012 over the last few days to try find where I went wrong……Now I know where I’ve slipped up, and without giving too many of my secrets away I will say that the reason for my failure to predict the milder, as opposed to the colder conditions that I actually predicted for Nov – Dec & the first two weeks of January, has everything to do with the relationship of the Perigee Moon with the Full Moon for those periods………………………. Considering my mistake with the Perigee & Full Moon I’ve triple checked my winter 2012 / 2013 (into 2014) weather predictions, and what I will say right now is the 2012 / 2013 (into 2014) winter looks set to be very severe.
Updated 7-30AM Sunday January 29th 2012……An extract and link from this morning’s Daily Mail newspaper

5:38 AM on 29th January 2012…………………Forget global warming - it's Cycle 25 we need to worry about (and if NASA scientists are right the Thames will be freezing over again)Met Office releases new figures which show no warming in 15 years
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ … z1knmpog4n

NOTE 1……unless otherwise stated throughout these predictions; allow a margin of error - for the specific weather phenomena stated to occur - of 4 days either side of the specific day, days or time frames given; in the case of the Earth-quake or Volcanic predictions, allow a margin of error of 2 days either side of the day, days or time frame given.

Section 1……Winter Weather for the UK 2012 / 2013 / 2014 & an Overview of the Rest of the World

Part A…… Winter Weather for the UK 2012 / 2013 / 2014 (in detail)

October 2012 -some suggested weather scenarios for the UK……Generally, October 2012 will be much colder than the October of 2011… a general cooling as from Sat 8th (although slightly milder temperatures will be more apparent from the 19th through to around the 29th) with the most unsettled (wind / rain / snow) part of the month from the 8th through to the end of the month, although the 22nd to the 28th may be the most settled of an otherwise generally unsettled period in October…an increase in wind from around the 13th to around the 20th……south to south-westerly winds from the 19th then veering more west to north-westerly towards the end of October…northerly, north-westerly or north-easterly winds are more likely from the 4th to the 13th…the coldest mornings and/or days are likely on the 5th to the 9th, then the 15th to 18th, then the 22nd and the 29th….weather conditions on the 6th  will likely prevail to around the 7th or 8th…frosts are more likely around the 6th, 8th, 15th then around the 29th.

November 2012 -some suggested weather scenarios for the UK……Generally, November 2012 will be noticeably much colder than the November of 2011…the coldest periods are most likely from the 1st to the 14th then the 27th to the 30th …the most unsettled period (rain / sleet / snow) will be from the 7th through to around the 25th…Saturday the 16th may well be exceptionally cold, and there is a good probability that blizzard conditions may occur along the eastern flank of the UK, the south and / or south-easterly counties of England could well get the worst of any blizzard conditions should this snow event actually occur at this time…Generally, the November of 2012 could well turn out colder, and with more snow, than the November of 2010 – especially in the mid to southern counties of England, and November 2012 could well be colder than December 2010, especially from around November 10th through to around the 27th.

December 2012 -some suggested weather scenarios for the UK……Generally, December 2012 will be much colder, and with the potential for much more snow, than the December of 2011 or the December of 2010…the coldest periods are likely to occur around the 6th, the 12th, the 20th and the 25th to the 31st…the period that will produce more snow will be from the 6th through to around the 20th, with the 6th to the 16th probably being the period when the greatest snow events will probably occur in December 2012…very windy conditions should be expected from the 11th through to around the 19th…the area from Hull down to the south coast of England may well experience heavy snow and blizzard conditions from around the 11th through to around the 19th, the westerly and northerly areas of the UK  may be more likely to see heavy snow fall from around the 19th through to the 31st although all areas of the UK may well experience sever cold and snow as from the 6th through to months end

January 2013 -some suggested weather scenarios for the UK……On June 11th 2008 I made a very specific prediction, an extract from this prediction - (19) There will be steady (at first) rise in Global weather phenomena such as heat- waves, hurricanes, gales, storms, heavy-snow fall (especially around 2013) – various copies of my June 11th 2008 predictions were handed out to various local people at the time and were read and then signed by the same people; it was the winters of 2012 /2013 and 2013 / 2014 that I was referring to at the time in 2008, (more on the winter of 2013/ 2014 later)…………………Generally, January 2013 & January 2014 both have the potential for becoming the coldest and snowiest Januarys in living memory, and very likely for several hundred years at least…although I expect January 2013 to be exceptionally cold throughout, the very coldest period will probably start around the 10th then continue through to the 31st…the heaviest snow-fall should be expected as from the 5th to around the 15th…the windiest period will probably start around the 10th and continue through to months end, with the strongest winds more likely near the 10th & the 18th…the north-easterly to southerly latitudes of the UK will probably see the heaviest snow-fall from the 5th to the 15th with the westerly to northerly areas of the UK probably seeing the worst snow conditions from around the 15th to the 23rd, then the north-westerly to north-easterly areas from around the 23rd through to months end…dryer and cold conditions are more likely to occur from the 1st to around the 5th….blizzard conditions are more likely from around the 10th to around the 21st, with the mid to southerly areas of the UK more likely to see the worst blizzard conditions in this time frame.

February 2013 -some suggested weather scenarios for the UK……Generally; February 2013 also has the potential for severe winter conditions, but probably less so than January 2013…the heaviest snow-fall is more likely from the 3rd through to the 13th…the coldest periods will probably occur from around the 7th to the 11th, then from around the 17th to months end…the windiest periods are more likely to occur around the 7th, 12th and the 26th…heavy snow is more likely to occur from the 3rd to the 12th, the mid to lower latitudes of the UK  may see the worst of the conditions at this time, with the worse conditions for the westerly, and northerly areas of the UK probably seeing the worse conditions as from around the 12th to months end…the likeliest time for blizzard conditions will be from around the 5th to around the 13th then from around the 26th to months end.

March 2013 -some suggested weather scenarios for the UK……Generally; March 2013 has the potential as being one of the coldest, windiest and snowiest Marches in recent history – much more so than the “average” March…although I expect the whole of March 2013 to show above average wind, the two most windiest periods are likely to be from the 1st to the 11th, then from around the 18th to months end…the coldest periods are likely from the 1st to around the 12th, then from around the 17th to the 28th…the heaviest snow (which is very likely), sleet or rain should be expected to occur from around the 3rd to around the 14th, with severe cold on the 4th…the mid to southern latitudes of the UK may probably see extremely cold blizzard conditions from around the 4th to around the 13th, with more westerly and northerly areas seeing the worse conditions from around the 13th to months end.

November 2013 -some suggested weather scenarios for the UK……Generally, November 2013 has the potential for being the second consecutive very cold November…the coldest periods will likely be from the 1st to the 12th, then the 17th to the 28th, with exceptional cold from the 1st to the 6th then very cold on the 17th, 18th, 19th and 20th…the two likeliest periods for heavy snow fall are from the 1st to around the 12th, then from the 25th to months end…expect very cold winds from the 1st to around the 8th…blizzard conditions are very likely from the 1st to around the 8th, with the mid to southern latitudes of the UK experiencing the worst of the conditions at this time…northern and western areas of the UK are more likely to see very cold conditions as from the 174th to months end, with the increasing likelihood of snow-fall from the  25th to months end.

December 2013 -some suggested weather scenarios for the UK……Generally; December 2013 has all of the potential to be exceptionally cold and snowy – much more so at the beginning of the month and towards the end of the month…the 1st to around the 10th will be very cold, with the coldest days in this period probably being the 2nd to the 5th…the 15th to around the end of the month will also be extremely cold, but one of the coldest days will be the on the 29th…the periods with the most snow are very likely to be from the 3rd to around the 10th, then from around 25th through to months end…the 4th should see cold and windy conditions, but the potential for the very coldest winds are from around the 24th to months end…the mid to southerly latitudes of the UK  are much more likely to see heavy snowfall and blizzard conditions from around the 3rd through to around the 11th, with the 25th to the end of the month also showing similar, if not worse, conditions for the same UK latitudes…the coldest conditions for the northern half of the UK are more likely to occur from around the 15th through to the 23rd…………………Christmas day 2013 shows more promise for being “white” from the Newcastle to the Hull latitudes, although what the south may miss on Christmas day will be more than made up for during the first 6 days or so in January 2014.

January 2014 -some suggested weather scenarios for the UK……Generally, January 2014, much like January 2013, has huge potential as being one of the coldest and snowiest Januaries for possibly several hundred years…the first 9 days will be extremely cold, as will be the periods from around the 12th to 17th and the 28th to 31st…much like December 2013, the probability for the snowiest mid to southern areas of the UK  are at the beginning and the latter parts of January 2014…mid to southern areas will very probably see severe cold, windy and blizzard conditions from the 1st to around the 9th with the second spell of severe conditions starting around the 24th and progressively becoming worse towards the end of the month, with southerly areas seeing the worst of the conditions as from the 27th to months end…the coldest period for the northern half of the UK will very probably be from around the through to around the 18th…although heavy snow and severe cold can be expected anywhere throughout the UK in January 2014, I fully expect that the very severest conditions will be seen over the first 9 days or so, then from the 24th to months end.

February 2014 -some suggested weather scenarios for the UK……Generally, February 2014 looks set to be another record breaking month, but unlike January 2014; I fully expect the coldest period of February 2014 to be around mid-month – by far…the first 3 or 4 days in February will probably see the most snow-fall in mid to southern UK latitudes…the northern areas of the UK will become progressively colder as from around the 7th then becoming exceptionally cold on the 15th, then becoming less cold as from around the 17th or 18th through to around the 21st – this period, i.e. from the 7th through to around the 21st  - is more likely to see more snow-fall in the northern half of the UK, while the mid to southerly UK latitudes are much more likely to see heavy snow-fall from the 22nd through to months end, with the southerly counties seeing the worst conditions from the 24th to months end.

March 2014 -some suggested weather scenarios for the UK……Generally; March 2014 appears to be less severe overall in terms of cold and snow as opposed to what I expect to have occurred throughout January and February 2014…the greatest risk of snow for mid to southerly regions of the UK is over the first 2 or 3 days then in the latter part of February 2014, and the northern half of the UK from around the 6th to around the 17th…the greatest risk of heavy snow (sleet or rain) for the mid to lower latitudes of the UK begins on the 23rd then through to months end…southern counties will see the worst conditions as from the 26rd to the 29th, then more mid-latitudes for the final 2 days of March…expect the two windiest periods to be from the 1st to around the 4th, then from around the 14th through to months end

Part B……General Overview / Remarks Concerning the 2012 / 2013 & 2013 / 2014 winters in The UK / World

1……the winters of 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 look set to break cold and snow-fall records in the UK

1A……the winters of 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 look set to break cold and snow-fall records in other areas of the planet……As from November 17th 2012 through to March 31st 2014, the respective northern hemisphere winters will probably be even more severe than the famed winters of 1963 and 1947 in the UK……The whole of the northern hemisphere above the latitudes of 35 degrees north will probably experience two of the most coldest and snowiest winters seen for several hundred years, and possibly as severe as the Little Ice Age – see below……
(Little Ice Age   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Ice_Age )

1B……November 17th 2012 could see very cold conditions with heavy snow in the mid to northern North American continent, Germany, Poland, Russia, China and Japan

1 C……November 29th 2012, or within 4 days either side, could see very cold conditions and possible snow in New Zealand, Tasmania, Victoria-Australia and Argentina

1 D……January 18th 2013 may see severe cold in the mid to southern USA, France, Hungry, southern Russia and northern China; the coldest period will be from the 9th through to the 24th of January 2013, with temperatures somewhere in the northern hemisphere probably exceeding -45c, and several areas falling to -30c or colder in the countries mentioned above......January 18th may see record cold temperatures in any area of the northern hemisphere above 35 degrees north latitude.

1 E……February 6th to 11th 2013 may see heavy snowfall and temperatures as low as -40c in Scandinavia, Scotland, Canada and northern Russia

1 F……March the 4th to the 11th may see heavy snow. Sleet or rain in latitudes of 30degrees north or higher latitudes

1 G……November 1st to 7th 2013 may see many areas higher than latitude 45 degrees north experience extreme cold, with possible heavy snowfall – especially China, Japan, southern areas of the north American continent and mid to southern Europe.

1 H……December 1st to 7th could see severe cold in all latitudes higher than 50 degrees north

1 I……December 25th 2013 to January 6th 2014 will probably see extreme cold and heavy snowfall in much of the northern hemisphere above latitude 35 degrees north or higher; from December 29th 2013to January 3rd 2014, temperatures in some areas north of 35 degrees north could well be as low as -40 degrees or even lower…this 5 day period could well be one of the coldest periods for several hundred years for many of the countries higher than latitude 35 degrees north

1 J……February 15th 2014 could see extreme cold in all of Europe, Asia and North America.

1 K……May 11th 2013 could see very cold winds and heavy snow in the southern hemisphere

1 L……July 9th 2013 could see very cold winds and heavy snow in the southern hemisphere

1 M……August 26th 2013 could see very cold winds and heavy snow in the southern hemisphere

2……the winter of 2012/2013 could well begin as early as the 7th of November 2012, and heavy snowfall could be seen in southern areas of the UK before November 18th 2012

3……December Thursday 13th 2012 is very likely to see blizzard conditions in southerly areas of the UK, or within 4 days either side of that date

4……January 2013 could see cold and snow reminiscent of the winters of 1963 and 1947 – or even conditions not seen for several hundred years, and there is a strong possibility that January 2013 may break several winter weather records across the UK

5……February 2013 will see severe cold and heavy snowfall, especially from around the 3rd to around the 12th, and especially in southern areas of the UK, although the conditions may not be as severe as January 2013

6……March 2013 will probably see blizzard conditions from the 1st through to around the 12th, and especially in the southern areas of the UK from around the 5th

7……Winter 2013/2014 may well begin as early as October 26th 2013, and almost certainly as from November 1st 2013……November 1st to around the 12th may see very cold blizzard conditions from the north-east of England, then becoming more evident from Hull down to the southern coast-lines as from around the 6th of November.

8……December 2013 will probably begin with heavy snowfall in northern and mid-latitudes of the UK, then southern counties will probably see blizzard conditions from around the 3rd

9……December 2013 will probably see severe cold and blizzard conditions as from around the 24th, with the worst conditions seen around the north-east of England, then becoming more evident in mid to southern counties before the 31st.

10…… January 2014 could see cold and snow reminiscent of the winters of 1963 and 1947 – or even conditions not seen for several hundred years, and there is a strong possibility that January 2014 may break several winter weather records across the UK……severe cold and blizzard conditions are very likely for at least the first 8 days of January 2012, especially throughout all southern areas of the UK

11……February 2014 will be exceptionally cold, especially around the 15th, the coldest condition overall will become evident as from the 8th and continue through to around the 22nd at least, the heaviest snowfall will be seen as from around the 22nd with southerly areas seeing the greater snowfall at this time

12……March 2014 will very likely start with snow, then more snow as from around the 24th to months end with extreme cold and blizzard conditions

Re: Weather forecast for winter 2012 to 2014

Not saying that believe this but I do think the UK will be getting a Really Harsh Winters this year.

As winter was really bad last year as there only one weekend of Snow! sad

The UK should get a lot snow this year, there 2 years of snow on the way!

if dose not snow a lot this year, I will movie to a Denmark

Do you like snow?

Hell yeah!

I loved the Snow! ,  I turn in kid when it snows,   When kids wait for Santa to come on xmas, i still like that with snow

checking out my window all night.
I also seem make snow watch thread very year!  (This one will be this year, Fingers cross for early)

I love snow myself, because it means the buses don't run and I can't get to college and I get to stay home lol But it doesn't snow much here in Dublin.

The weather is weird weird weird. I hope to see some snow here in Kansas this winter.

I hate it when weather is so boring , I really looking forward to this!
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=219977&stc=1&d=1347098870

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=219980&stc=1&d=1347099313

This could be a sign of really early winter! (Any very snowy one)

The cold snap of this season starts ON Friday day,

Perfcent times for the end of summer times lol, I don't forget clocks go back 1 hour! this weekend in the UK!

We are in a wicked snow storm in Wisconsin right now.  Estimated for 18 inches, and now the blizzard is starting.  Power is out in a bunch of places.  I'm hoping ours stays on...keeps flicking on and off.

If someone from Canada suggests 18 inches is not a lot of snow for one storm I will lose my mind!  smile

I think this is the weather forecast for tomorrow.
http://www.laughnessmonster.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Weather-for-12-211.png

Last edited by Tripod (2012-12-20 17:35:20)