Topic: Why can't one fifth of Americans find America on a map?

The answer is simple, and explained to you by Miss Teen South Carolina:

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some ... people out there in our nation don't have maps and uh, I believe that our, ah, education like such as in South Africa, and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and I believe that they should, uh, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., or should help South Africa, it should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future, for."

Re: Why can't one fifth of Americans find America on a map?

I gotta add the video.  Its just too classic.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww[/youtube]

I'm now even more sad to be an American.  Wonder how much it would take to become a Canadian or Australian citizen...

I think the best part is this is the start of the final 5 girls questions, and this girl still somehow came in 4th.  What did the 5th place person do to finish below Miss Teen South Carolina?

Well its obvious she was VERY nervous and tried to give a diplomatic answer about helping out other small countries when she could have just said something about poor education that schools have in the inner city..

are u serious!?!?! this should be a rant of mine but im not gonna do one due to how stupid it is. If ur tooo stupid to see america on the map then wow u might as well find a smart woman whos gonna make alot of money or kill urself cuz thats extememly sad if u cant fidn america on the map

There's no doubt in my mind that she's one of the "one fifth of Americans" roll

wow... she takes Blonde to a whole new level...

I saw this on the news tonight and I'm glad that you wrote out her actual quote; I had no idea what she said.  It makes even less sense now though.

Pizza and beer will cure her lol

sickf**k wrote:

are u serious!?!?! this should be a rant of mine but im not gonna do one due to how stupid it is. If ur tooo stupid to see america on the map then wow u might as well find a smart woman whos gonna make alot of money or kill urself cuz thats extememly sad if u cant fidn america on the map

I think the point of the question isnt to point out how stupid people are.  It was meant to be a question about our lack of funding for schools and education for those in poverty stricken areas.  I think a majority of people who would have gotten this wrong were probably never educated on it because A) They cant afford to go to school or B) Their schools are so poorly funded that they dont have maps or globes to study.  I dont think it was meant to tell the people who dont get it right that they are "stupid" and should "kill themselves." But way to keep a positive outlook.  hmm

that video is hilarious... that is one of the DUMBEST beauty queens ever. South Carolina should be proud

Goon wrote:

Well its obvious she was VERY nervous and tried to give a diplomatic answer about helping out other small countries when she could have just said something about poor education that schools have in the inner city..

Or, she's another brainless barbie doll who tries to get by in life on her looks.

Last edited by TiM the Zombie (2007-08-28 23:10:39)

She might be dumb as a log but I would bang the hell outta her in bed and she would be begging me for more.:lol: