Topic: Not very scary movies

Hey Guys
I wanna start to get less scared at horror movies and stuff...
Do you have any titles that can iniciate me ??

Thanks for the help big_smile

Re: Not very scary movies

Well it's a question of personal tastes. What one mind find terrifying another might not be scared of at all. If you're not a hardened horror fan like some of us here you'll probably find yourself more comfortable in the realms of Slashers or milder splatter movies. Giallos are a great introduction to horror in a mild form. I highly reccomend trying out Argento's movies and slowly ease yourself into the more horrific movies. Avoid movies with disturbing subject matters at first. There's plenty of time for those as you become more acustomed to the more extreme. But some people will happily stay in the comfort zone of slashers. Zombie movies seem to be a favourite of none horror fans I find or post apocalyptic movies.

Before Anything I thank you for answering so fast big_smile

I dont like movies like Paranormal Activity , but Im a fan of zombie movies and series ( a fan of post apocalyptic ) ...

I just dont like the ghost stuff I guess tongue

I find a lot of ghost storys pretty scary but I like the feeling of being scared smile I really don't like the PA series but I find it too difficult to believe any of it. Give some of the slasher series a go, Scream, halloween (originals, newer ones are a bit more out there for the extreme), Friday 13th if you haven't already. George A Romeros living dead series and it's remakes. Most you may have seen but if not, they are a good start.

Thanks for the help  smile
I will check them out  big_smile

You might like The Stand (1994). In Christine (1983) director John Carpenter proves that a car can be scary too, but it's not too scary so you may watch that along with The Car (1977).

Perhaps try some atmospheric stuff like The Devils Backbone or The Orphanage. Check out Bava's stuff like Black Sabbath or Sunday aswell.

Try out Evil Dead 2- it has some scary but is also rather humorous.
Army of Darkness, also.
You could try the old Universal horror films, ala Dracula, Wolfman, the Mummy. Also the Hammer films from the 60's and 70's.  DirtyGirl can fill you in non the Hammer films.

All "horror" films from the 60s and down except Psycho (1960) and Un Chien Andalou (1922?).

Also comedy horror, like Shaun of The Dead is a bit scary but the comedy tones it down a lot. I find sci-fi/horror to be some of the least scary films I've watched. Ultra has given good advice, watch the classics and especially slashers; they are fun and light on real scares

Additionally try some great Vincent Price stuff like The Fall of the House of Usher (particularly atmospheric), The Raven (beautiful intro in this one), Last Man on Earth and The House of Wax (1953)

if you like zombie movies but not too scary "Fido" should be ideal.

To start out in Horror, I have a nice easy way to transition Horror newbies into Horror Geeks...

Start out with the comedies...Shawn of the Dead, Zombieland, Deadheads, Idle Hands, Evil Dead 2
Move up to the slashers....Friday the 13th, Halloween, Scream, Nightmare on Elmstreet, TCM, The Burning
Try out a few 80s cheesy fun movies....Night of the Creeps, Night of the Comet, The Blob
Graduate to the Thrillers and Giallos...Suspiria, Tenebre, Deep Red, The Changeling, The Sentinel, Burnt Offerings
Move on up to "scary" movies....Insidious, The Descent, REC
Finally go all out with the controversial ones....Martyrs, The Woman, The Girl Next Door, DeadGirl

Just never skip ahead to the final level unless you want to be freaked out!

Last edited by DirtyGirl (2012-09-02 16:01:45)

Try something like Joy Ride,Riding the Bullet,Let the Right One In and then with some classic slashers...

I wouldn't really do the atmospherics until you're a bit more "seasoned" if you don't want to be scared at first.

I got the perfect movie - A Serbian Film!

The scary movie franchise - not scary at all. lol

flamethrower wrote:

Let the Right One In

That film and it's remake were so disturbing so I... turn them off before I finished. Gotta finifsh them.

^
Scary Movies, Perfect lol

Last edited by Vasquez (2012-09-06 08:38:04)

^^ Wow seconds like only for 3 sec!