Re: Movies You Just Bought

Pirana 3DD

hell

Triangle

I have a bunch of recently bought movies that I haven't watched yet. Gonna RIP them and put them on my iPad so I can watch them whenever I want big_smile
Lots of catching up to do.

I bought Home Movie.

Today I picked up:

National Security
Psycho (1998 - I actually really wanted to see this remake, I picked it up for €4 so it was worth it)

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

Psycho (1998 - I actually really wanted to see this remake, I picked it up for €4 so it was worth it)

There's €4 you're never going to get back. lol

That bad, huh Lon? lol I am weary of Vince Vaughan in it to be honest.

Believe it or not, I thought Vince Vaughn was the best thing about it.  But that's still not saying much.  It's a shot-for-shot remake, with only a few new bits (all of which are completely unnecessary and add nothing of interest).  And since it doesn't even strive to be its own film, all you can do is wonder what the hell's the point? lol

Hmm...for the people that don't like watching black and white films? lol

And yet somehow, despite being in color and being an exact duplicate, it's much, much worse. lol

Just got City of The Living Dead on Arrow DVD as a early present for my birthday on the 25th. Apparently one of their better releases.

Last edited by Vasquez (2012-09-12 13:16:48)

just ordered Matinee and The Stuff off of Amazon for about 18 bucks with shipping included.  Probably going to add Monster Squad as well.

Vasquez wrote:

Just got City of The Living Dead on Arrow DVD as a early present for my birthday on the 25th. Apparently one of their better releases.

Arrow Video are great, they bring back a lot of old movies on DVD that are hard to track down and sometimes even have cool stuff with the DVD, like posters and such.

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:
Vasquez wrote:

Arrow Video are great, they bring back a lot of old movies on DVD that are hard to track down and sometimes even have cool stuff with the DVD, like posters and such.

They are great. Their attention to packaging certainly stands out among the generic, sometimes awful DVD cover art we are used to nowadays. Remind me of old posters for Hammer films etc. Plus they have as u say good extras, like posters, collectors booklets etc. I always here some people criticize them on forums over their transfers e.g Tenebrae. Certainly i think their transfer for that particular film is amazing however. Some people get so obsessed with DNR,brightness grain etc. Its crazy. We should be damn lucky that such a great company exists in the UK. Plus they respond to my emails 99% of the time in a very kind and informing manner.

High Tension
28 Days Later

Trapped Ashes
Splinter

The Exorcist (bluray Digibook with theatrical and extended cut) now I can do away with my basically featureless DVD.
The Hand That Rocks the Cradle (bluray)

Halloween 4 Limited Edition Tin. Picked it up for $13.

Coraline

Just received a bunch of orders in the mail:

Halloween 4 (Blu-ray)
Halloween 5 (Blu-ray) (Now I only need #3 on Blu to complete the HD collection, I will keep the dvds though for the extras)
Mother's Day (1980) (Blu-ray)
Lovely Molly (Blu-ray)
The Hunger Games (Blu-ray)
Silent House (Blu-ray)
Dagon

Oh yes and bought:
Snow White and the Huntsman (Blu-ray)
28 Days Later (Blu-ray) (I like to upgrade if the movie is cheap!)

Last edited by Vamp_Slayer (2012-09-14 17:48:47)

Got a few movies only two horror though.

Wrong Turn
Absentia
Into the Wild
LA Confidential
Red Hill

I want to buy two movies on Amazon but it says the dispatch estimate is Monday, I think if I wait until tomorrow it could give me Sunday as an option.

Today's Horror DVD list:

Children of the Corn II: The Final Sacrifice
Children of the Corn III: Urban Harvest
Children of the Corn IV: The Gathering
Children of the Corn V: Fields of Terror
Children of the Corn 666: Isaac's Return
Children of the Corn: Revelation
Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers
Halloween H20
Halloween: Resurrection

and, Candyman.