Topic: Battle of the remakes Part 6

(Was going to do this later, now we got relative coming over) i won't be on here later!


Welcome back to the horror Factor show
Welcome to part 6 of the remake Battle

Thir13en Ghosts (2001) 2
House of Wax (1953) 5
The Wizard of Gore (2007)
The Hills Have eyes 2 (2008) 1
Carnival of Souls (1998)
The Hand (1981) 2
Piranha (1995)
Blood Diner (1987)
The Children of the corn
Sorority Row (2009) 2


All lines will be  open for 48 for hours! (If you vote after lines are close, your vote will not be counted but may still be charged".
Updated! two with the most votes will go to final

There will be 14 in the final!  have fun.

Last edited by BASSI (2012-09-10 09:26:45)

Re: Battle of the remakes Part 6

House of Wax (1953) for me.

Re: Battle of the remakes Part 6

The Hand.

Re: Battle of the remakes Part 6

BASSI wrote:

House of Wax (1953)

As I know remake was from the 2005.

I vote for The Hills Have eyes 2 (2008)

Re: Battle of the remakes Part 6

^ House of Wax from 1953 is a remake of a film in the 30's (1933 to be exact) called 'Mystery of the Wax Museum', House of Wax is (supposedly) more serious than it though. But it's still a remake nonetheless.

Last edited by Scavenger of Human Sorrow (2012-09-07 14:19:36)

Re: Battle of the remakes Part 6

Sorority Row for me. A film that has actually gained somewhat of a cult following since it's initial release.

Re: Battle of the remakes Part 6

House of Wax (53). Anything with Vincent Price puts a lot other horror to shame, especially this new millenniums glut of remakes, bar 1 or 2 exceptions.

Last edited by Vasquez (2012-09-07 14:25:02)

Re: Battle of the remakes Part 6

13 Ghosts

Re: Battle of the remakes Part 6

the hand wasn't a remake. of what? it isn't a remake of the beast with five fingers or Hands Of Orlak . anyway out of a really bad list i'd have to go for "House Of wax " as it's  only one of two decent films on the list the other being "Piranha".

Re: Battle of the remakes Part 6

The Hills Have Eyes '06.

Incidentally, Blood Diner wasn't a remake, either.  More of an unofficial sequel. wink

Re: Battle of the remakes Part 6

wolfman1959 wrote:

the hand wasn't a remake. of what? it isn't a remake of the beast with five fingers or Hands Of Orlak . anyway out of a really bad list i'd have to go for "House Of wax " as it's  only one of two decent films on the list the other being "Piranha".

Yeah it a remake of The Beast with Five Fingers,

Re: Battle of the remakes Part 6

LoudLon wrote:

The Hills Have Eyes '06.

Incidentally, Blood Diner wasn't a remake, either.  More of an unofficial sequel. wink

a loose remake of the 1963 film Blood Feast

Re: Battle of the remakes Part 6

No, sir.  It was always intended to be a sequel, but the name rights were tied up for some reason or another.  Hence the phrase "unofficial sequel." smile

EDIT: H.G. Lewis wouldn't allow the producers to use the name "Blood Feast" in their title, that's what it was.  Too bad, because I love Blood Diner, one of my favorite b-movies and I think it's a much better film than Lewis himself ever made.

Re: Battle of the remakes Part 6

House of Wax (1953) by far.

Re: Battle of the remakes Part 6

13 ghosts.

Re: Battle of the remakes Part 6

House of Wax- A true classic!  smile

Re: Battle of the remakes Part 6

BASSI wrote:
wolfman1959 wrote:

the hand wasn't a remake. of what? it isn't a remake of the beast with five fingers or Hands Of Orlak . anyway out of a really bad list i'd have to go for "House Of wax " as it's  only one of two decent films on the list the other being "Piranha".

Yeah it a remake of The Beast with Five Fingers,

where did you find that information, Bassi? because it's wrong. nothing like it. no matter but just saying:)

Re: Battle of the remakes Part 6

House Of Wax
Sadly they've done one more recently with idiotic Paris Hilton.
What a damn shame.

Price ownz!!!

Re: Battle of the remakes Part 6

wolfman1959 wrote:
BASSI wrote:
wolfman1959 wrote:

the hand wasn't a remake. of what? it isn't a remake of the beast with five fingers or Hands Of Orlak . anyway out of a really bad list i'd have to go for "House Of wax " as it's  only one of two decent films on the list the other being "Piranha".

Yeah it a remake of The Beast with Five Fingers,

where did you find that information, Bassi? because it's wrong. nothing like it. no matter but just saying:)

It's say http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beast_ … ve_Fingers
I know they not too relabel as anyone can edit it!

Re: Battle of the remakes Part 6

kXnPunk wrote:

House Of Wax
Sadly they've done one more recently with idiotic Paris Hilton.
What a damn shame.

Price ownz!!!

I actually liked the House of Wax remake from '05, it was an interesting take on the film.

Re: Battle of the remakes Part 6

^^^
Well yeah interesting take and I LOOOVE Elisha Cuthbert but Paris is someone I just can't take so that's the main reason I hated the flick. Heh.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2012-09-08 09:57:25)

Re: Battle of the remakes Part 6

Thir13en Ghosts

23

Re: Battle of the remakes Part 6

Sorority Row

Re: Battle of the remakes Part 6

Edit: Wooopsie wrong thread... sad

Last edited by kXnPunk (2012-09-09 16:55:20)

Re: Battle of the remakes Part 6

This one end up in 4 way Draw, only fair for them to go to final are

Thir13en Ghosts (2001)
House of Wax (1953)
The Hand (1981)
Sorority Row (2009)