Friday the 13th (2009)
Halloween (2007) 1
Dawn of the Dead (2004) 1
My Bloody Valentine (2009)
House of Wax (2005)
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003) 1
The Hills Have Eyes (2006) 1
The Thing (1982) 10

Part 7 and 8 lines are open only for 24 hours!  which of these will go to the final on Monday!

Last edited by BASSI (2012-09-10 09:37:56)

Re: Battle of the remakes Part 8

Some great remakes on that list, but JC's The Thing is my clear choice. An excellent remake that became a horror classic.

The Thing was NOT a remake so I'll opt for Dawn of the Dead.

The Thing (1982) and it most definitely is a remake of the 1951 film The Thing From Another World.

Ostensibly The Thing is a remake of The Thing From Another World, so yeah I'll go with that.

Nah, it's not, it's just NOT.
Carpenter based it on the book 'Who Goes There' and it barely copies 'The Thing From Another World' in any way.  J.C just happened to make his adaptation of the book after some other guy. It simply isn't a remake, or a reimagining, or a reboot or a re-anything.  It's a cinematic adaptation of a book.
Just because Carpenter was the second guy to adapt 'Who Goes There' into a film doesn't mean it's a remake. Otherwise, every version of Pride & Prejudice or Dracula or Frankenstein or Romeo & Juliet instantly becomes a remake of the first movie to bear the name.

Last edited by Fulcento (2012-09-08 15:30:30)

Gotta side with Fulcento on this one.  JC's The Thing isn't a remake.  It's one of two very different adaptations of the same source story, with JC's being the more faithful (though still far from exact) version. 

That said, normally even I will refer to it as a remake, for no other reason than that most folks have never heard of the source story, called Who Goes There?.  But most have heard of an old black and white horror flick called The Thing, which JC's The Thing has a couple things in common with.

At any rate, I vote JC's The Thing. big_smile

The Hills Have Eyes. If I agreed that The Thing as a remake then i would have gone for that.

Halloween 07 for me.

The Thing

i would definitely say " The Thing" is a remake and go with that one and it certainly is more of a remake than "the Hand " is of " The Beast with Five Fingers". what a load of bollocks Wikipedia! no wonder i never use you.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)

This is hard but The Thing is for me. Sorry to Piranha, The Hills Have Eyes, Halloween and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

EDIT: Sorry to Dawn remake to. :'(

Last edited by A Lost Boy (2012-09-10 09:46:12)

Oh man...I gotta go The Thing as well.

Have to give a shout out for the Friday remake as I am one of the only ones here that love that movie!  That is my close second.

The Thing

we have A five way here
Halloween (2007)
Dawn of the Dead (2004)
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)
The Hills Have Eyes (2006)
The Thing (1982)

^^ Hahaha WTF.

That's a tuff top 5 list to choose from...

My pick is for DOTD.

Texas chainsaw massacre