Topic: Reincarnation(2005)

This asian ghost film came out in 2005 but is on the new After Dark Horrorfest dvds. Reincarnation was directed by Takashi Shimizu(who directed both The Grudge and The Grudge 2).

This film is 96 minutes long and is about a film director with crew and cast who are making a film about a hotel where 35 years earlier a mass slaughter had actually occured with 11 people dead by a loony professor. Well the film shows a series of ghostly apparitions throughout it and the lead actress keeps seeing a dead little girl who she is playing in the film.

ATTENTION SPOILERS:

I didn't understand the ending to it when the lead actress is in a mental hospital and the old woman throws in the red ball and doll and the ghost kids appear. Was it cause the girl was mentally insane from the events or was she really the professor who murdered his family and everyone in the hotel and came back to life in her and was scared????:/

Re: Reincarnation(2005)

i saw the movie on FearNet, it was pretty damn good.

SPOILER

and RIP, i think the was the little girl who got murdered, in a past life. thats why the doll kept sayig together forever

I loved Takashi Shimizu's Marebito, so i am intrigued by this project but it is one of the After Darks I have yet to check out......you think with my love for foreign horror, especially asian horror, that I would have checked this out already.

I've seen all the AfterDark Horrorfest movies and everyone of them are good as hell. I do like this one alot. Somewhat screwed up in a good one. B/c there are certain parts that you will be saying WTF. But as far as what you're asking Rip, i really can't recall b/c it's been quite a while since i've seen it last.

havent seen this one yet but got a few of the others from the afterdark series-the abandoned,wicked little things & the gravedancers
abandoned and wicked was pretty good gravedancers was so-so

skincarver wrote:

havent seen this one yet but got a few of the others from the afterdark series-the abandoned,wicked little things & the gravedancers

Yuo seriously need to watch all the remaining AfterDark Horrorfest movies. They are a must see. To me you definitely won't be disappointed at all.

Kill The Firstborn wrote:

SPOILER

and RIP, i think the was the little girl who got murdered, in a past life. thats why the doll kept sayig together forever

Well if it was the little girl how come it showed her and the brother together in that mental ward room at the end with the actress there?:/

RIP wrote:
Kill The Firstborn wrote:

SPOILER

Well if it was the little girl how come it showed her and the brother together in that mental ward room at the end with the actress there?:/

i think she was looking at her past life, sort of watching it like a movie while being in the movie. she watched herself and the brother (her brother) in a past life

I have yet to see it.  It is movie three in a 6 part series called "J-Horror Theater".  The first two entries were Infection and Premonition.  I think parts 4-6 of this series have been put on hold indefinitely though.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:
skincarver wrote:

Yuo seriously need to watch all the remaining AfterDark Horrorfest movies. They are a must see. To me you definitely won't be disappointed at all.

been meaning too just everytime i go to the blockbuster video right across the street from my house they are always rented.damn bastards *shakes fist*

It was alright.  Nothing special.  Kinda bored me in a few places, but definately worth a watch.

The plot for Reincarnation reminds me of the plot from another Asian film...The Victim
http://www.tartanvideousa.com/pg_films_ … 12AFA86%7D

ok this is the scoop-the red ball and the doll are things the child held in high regard so when they died the items held pieces of their souls within them.the crazy girl at the end was the murderer in her past life and all the ghosts were coming after her to claim revenge which is why she had the mental rewind at the end of the movie but it only looked like she was spazzing out when the movie company reviewed the dailies (the footage shot that had the two kids in it watching her freaking out as the crew was covering her with a blanket).the only survivor realized that this girl was the murderer reincarnated and at the end got revenge by placing the doll and red ball in her "padded cell":P so the ghosts can continue to drive her insane since like i said the items house parts of their souls (connected fetishes if you will).and what perfect ghosts to drive her insane than her very children (little boy and girl) when she was the murderer in the other life.the movie progressed a lil slow like tim said but i got a lil thing for asian chicks so its all good

well did it really need to end the way it did, just cause ur a reincarnation doesnt mean all the responsibilites of ur past life need to kick in when ur current life has absolutely nothing to do w/ the past, idk, guess it seemed unfair, and maybe she would have been better off dead than someone being commited and tourchured by souls for the rest of her life, maybe if she was responsable, guess i got the pitty feeling for the main character and a bone to pick w/ the mom u just tosses in the doll and ball, and again whats w/ that door that opens like that, i hope its not where her feeding tray comes from:(