Topic: Battle of the remakes Part 7

( I was going to post is early So Part 7) part 8 be up in seconds!

Welcome back to the horror Factor show
Welcome to part 7 of the remake Battle

The Amityville Horror (2005) 1
The Wicker Man (2006) 1
Night of the Living Dead 3D (2006)
The Woman in Black (2012) 1
Halloween 2 (2009) 1
Quarantine (2008) 1
It's Alive (2008)
Night of the Living Dead (1990) 7
Night of the Demons (2009) 1
Ju-on -The Grudge(2002) 1

This  lines will be  open for 24  for hours! (If you vote after lines are close, your vote will not be counted but may still be charged".
Updated! two with the most votes will go to final

There will be 14 in the final!  have fun.

Last edited by BASSI (2012-09-10 09:33:48)

Re: Battle of the remakes Part 7

Savini's Night of the Living Dead (1990), positively!

The Grudge.

Night of the Living Dead (1990)

It has to be The Wicker Man for comedic value! lol

NOTLD '90.

Night Of The Living Dead '90.

I go for the Amityville Horror because it was better than the original.

^ You think so? I can't watch anything with that dude, Ryan Reynolds. I think he's a pretty much a joke.

Night of the Living Dead (1990)

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

^ You think so? I can't watch anything with that dude, Ryan Reynolds. I think he's a pretty much a joke.

Not even Blade Trinity, when he calls Parker Posey a thunder c**t?

I kid.  Hated that flick, too.  I did like him in The Proposal, though.  But then I'm a sucker for romantic comedies, so...

NOTLD, but I also liked Woman in Black

^ I actually kind of enjoyed The Proposal lol I remember I had to watch it on plane ride to America, so I was kind of stuck in what to watch. I still don't like him though.

couldn't give a monkey's who was in it, it's still better than the original.

It's hard to chose between Halloween II and Ju-On. I guess Ju-On will be my pick.

Quarantine.

Really liked Night of the Demons also.

I'm a Ryan Reynolds fan.  Way back to Two Guys a Girl and a Pizza Place.  They did great Halloween episodes in that series.  Hate The Proposal though...thought it was horrible, and Sandra was worse.  C'mon...what about Just Friends???!?!?!?  Thought that was hilarious!  smile

Night of the Demons remake for me.

Night of the living Dead

Ghostseeker wrote:

Quarantine.

Really liked Night of the Demons also.

I'm a Ryan Reynolds fan.  Way back to Two Guys a Girl and a Pizza Place.  They did great Halloween episodes in that series.  Hate The Proposal though...thought it was horrible, and Sandra was worse.  C'mon...what about Just Friends???!?!?!?  Thought that was hilarious!  smile

All of this movies are better than Quarantine imo,except Night of the Living Dead 3D (2006).This movie is the weakest remake in years,just american need to watch movie in their own language.Like they can't make something new and interesting;just copy-paste movie with new actors -.- This movie I can't call remake,because [REC] wasn't necessary to be remade in just one year,it was only necessary to get money from the best foriegn horror film franchise.

Last edited by flamethrower (2012-09-09 08:15:09)

I love Ryan Reynolds. AH wasn't nearly as good as the original, but I still enjoyed it. Ryan had his shirt off for a good portion of it so that made it very watchable for me lol

^ Ah of course a woman will love Ryan Reynolds! lol It's like me with Elizabeth Olsen, I didn't like the remake of The Silent House but I sure did like watching her in it lol

flamethrower wrote:

All of this movies are better than Quarantine imo,except Night of the Living Dead 3D (2006).This movie is the weakest remake in years,just american need to watch movie in their own language.Like they can't make something new and interesting;just copy-paste movie with new actors -.- This movie I can't call remake,because [REC] wasn't necessary to be remade in just one year,it was only necessary to get money from the best foriegn horror film franchise.

Ok.  Obviously we disagree on that.  I like Rec.  Like it more than Quarantine.  However, I like Quarantine too. 

Many people have strong feeling against foreign movies being remade for foreign audiences.  I find it funny though, to suggest foreign remakes are remade to make money, and because the audience to stupid to appreciate and want something new (Americans of course)...but why are other remakes made?  To further the vision of the original?  To add something?  No, frequently its just to make money from an audience that doesn't appreciate the original, and other similar reasons as when foreign movies are remade.     

Anyway...I pick Quarantine as the best on this list.  I appreciate your opinion though.

@Ghostseeker - That's always been a tightrope, like I find that a movie is being remade and the original is only a couple of years old, is totally and utterly ridiculous. I understand that certain people not like foreign movies (like my brother for instance), but there's subtitles which I'm sure everyone is aware of. Like The Silent House remake, it was remade for the sole purpose of just getting money. It had no instinct of doing a better job than what the original did, or build onto a certain aspect of the movie or anything - it's a full shot for shot copy like Quarantine did with [REC] (I actually liked Quarantine, but it's still a shot for shot copy, not the sequel though).

But when we take a look at other remakes such as Dawn of the Dead, The Hills Have Eyes and even Cape Fear (which I think is a great example), they are all good remakes and actually done something for the original in my opinion. They built on the originals foundation, and delivered a good movie.

These remakes of foreign remakes of films just for a quick cash-in are different, they rarely have the mindset to set out and actually build on the original version which wasn't released too long ago and is perfect in it's own right, they just do a shot for shot copy and that's it, just so people don't have to read subtitles.

Of course this is just my opinion and respect yours and everyone elses smile

Last edited by Scavenger of Human Sorrow (2012-09-09 09:59:23)

^
One of the few, and i mean few exceptions of this is Hammer studios Let Me In.

^ I can agree with that, I liked Let Me In.