Topic: NFL & College Football 2012 thread

Seeing as college football is starting up tomorrow, and the NFL next week, here is our annual thread.  Post your teams, smack talk, make ToeTag bets.

My teams-
Penn State (sigh....)
Philadelphia Eagles
Oakland Raiders

Standing bet- 500 ToeTags for each Eagles opponent.

Last edited by azathoth (2012-08-29 10:10:56)

Re: NFL & College Football 2012 thread

Eagles with a comeback 1 point win.  big_smile
Penn State 0-2, and not likely to get better for 5 years.  sad

azathoth wrote:

Seeing as college football is starting up tomorrow, and the NFL next week, here is our annual thread.  Post your teams, smack talk, make ToeTag bets.

My teams-
Penn State (sigh....)
Philadelphia Eagles
Oakland Raiders

Standing bet- 500 ToeTags for each Eagles opponent.

I'll go 500 TT's for the S.D. vs Oak game tonight!

Oakland needs to win if they do I win $100 lol

Roll Tide..............That's all I have to say.

I go:

New York Jets
Carolina Panthers
Wake Forest Demon Deacons

@Underdog- you're on!

I'll put 100 on San Diego winning.

azathoth wrote:

@Underdog- you're on!

How about a 500 TT's bet for each game the Eagles and Chargers play, payable at the end of the season?

I'm a U.C.L.A Bruin fan. They are 2-0 so far and beat #16 Nebraska Sat, putting them in the AP rankings at #22. Been a long time since they were ranked.  There are some really good teams in the Pac 12 conference, so it ain't gonna be easy making a bowl game.

And 500 TTs to Underdog.
Yes on the Eagles-Chargers, too.

did San Diego win?

@Undy- Just checked, we don't play each other this year.

@Panda- SD did win.  You forgot to mention who you were betting with.
But I'll give you 100 TTs anyway. big_smile

Last edited by azathoth (2012-09-11 00:49:27)

I was waiting on people to take the bet but thank you! big_smile both my picks for tonight were correct.

azathoth wrote:

@Undy- Just checked, we don't play each other this year.

@Panda- SD did win.  You forgot to mention who you were betting with.
But I'll give you 100 TTs anyway. big_smile

What I was thinking is that we go 500 TT's for each game played by our respective teams. through out the entire season So if the Eagles are 14-2 and the Chargers are 12-4, at the end of the season. I would owe you 1000 TT's.

Last edited by Underdog (2012-09-13 08:07:44)

^^
Ah, I got ya Underdog.  OK, we're on!  Now watch us get identical records, lol !

Penn State wins its 2nd game over Temple.  Team is actually gelling after all the poop they went through.

Any Arizona fans out there?  My Eagles are coming to town.

Azzy, I'm so happy that Penn State is winning, those poor kids need something positive.  My college team is, duh, Michigan Wolverines (yesterday, sigh).  Pro I've always dug the Ravens and Lions, but cheer for numerous teams for various reasons.  I watch about 6 college football games on Saturdays and about 3 NFL on Sundays, then of course MNF and TNF.  Never enough football!

^^
Man, Michigan is getting rocked this year out of nowhere (OK, I can see the Alabama game).
Every week I go through the TV listings and type up every game that is on- it covers an entire Excel page.  I send one to my mom, and we just flip all over the place (except for the PSU game) catching scores.  We have the "football madness!" lol  Besides Penn State, we like UGA (puppy!), TCU (damned horned frog is so cute), and Boise (stealth Smurf turf).

My mom does the ultimate list each week, too (when she's not at the MI game as she's a season ticket holder).  Michigan understandably lost to Alabama and came back but this week and last week they just lost their mojo.  I'm not gonna be down on Denard (6 turnovers though wtf).  Season is still young, lots of football to look forward to

azathoth wrote:

Penn State wins its 2nd game over Temple.  Team is actually gelling after all the poop they went through.

Any Arizona fans out there?  My Eagles are coming to town.

Yeah, I'm glad they won another game. Feel bad for the guys on the team right now, since they weren't even there when that jackass Sandusky was there.

About to watch the Patriots and Ravens.  I dig both of these teams so don't really care who wins, but I think I'd root a little harder for the Ravens.  Their QB is sick this year

damn my bucs lost to dallas today for a 1-2 record i was pretty devastated by the loss to the giants last week though. rest of the season is as follows

washington (home)
bye week
kansas city (home)
new orleans (home)
minnesota (away)
oakland (away)
san diego (home)
carolina (away)
atlanta (home)
denver (away)
philly (home)
new orleans (away)
st. louis (home)
atlanta (away)

i don't know i'm going to go with 6 or 7 wins some of these games look pretty tough.

The Cardinals beat the phillies and are 3-0 now I am so pumped!

I'm so mad I fell asleep to the Ravens/Patriots game!  Detroit lost but they had such a strong game.  I have hope for a better season from my Lions

JJ wrote:

The Cardinals beat the phillies and are 3-0 now I am so pumped!

i hope you meant the cardinals beat the eagles