Re: American Horror Story

I guess we just have to wait and see how is goes.

I just started watching the show a few weeks ago and I am on the eighth episode and find it good. I remember garden saying it was F'ing great and that he loves it.
Thanks for the spoiler alerts as well.

I love the show and am looking forward to season 2.

I just watched X-files X-cops. My favourite episode ever SO Funny Love the reference and parallels to NOES and Freddy Krueger (who is incidentally not far removed from the monsters in the x files universe) 10/10 Hilarious lines aswell. That homosexual couple were freakin hilarious aswell.

Mulder: "Bubblegum Pink, that would be a good colour for you Skully" lol

Just read on Yahoo! News that American Horror story has received 17 Emmy nominations (tied with Mad Men).  I thought the show was okay; started off clumsy and over the top, until it really picked up in the second half of the season.  But still, seventeen nominations??? 

I have the sneaking suspicion that someone on the Emmy board must have  received the blow job of his life...

Last edited by LoudLon (2012-07-19 10:09:50)

To be honest, I gave up on this series after the whole demon baby story line. I got bored with it which is sad because I thought it had a lot of promise.

@Lon - check out the Emmy Nomination page.  On the left hand side, the is a drop-down box for all the categories.  Scrolling through that, I understand the bloated numbers.  "Hairstyling for a Mini Series", "Hairstyling for multi-camera series", "hairstyling for a single-camera series"  ???
I have a feeling that AHS is getting a lot of the behind the camera nods.

Ms.Gorefiend wrote:

To be honest, I gave up on this series after the whole demon baby story line. I got bored with it which is sad because I thought it had a lot of promise.

I hope that you finished watching all of the first season before giving up on it because I thought that the last 3 or so episodes were far and away the best ones. Right now I can't wait for season 2 since this show easily passed The Walking Dead for my interest last year.

bentheprop wrote:

this show easily passed The Walking Dead for my interest last year.

I had those two shows pretty close until the last half of season two of The Walking Dead...which then easily blew away AHS at that point.  Though I did like AHS and thought it was pretty solid.

I like them both. Can't wait!!!

I find it personally ridiculous that Season 1 isn't even for release over here in Ireland yet! yikes I have to wait until October 15th for the DVD to release.

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

I find it personally ridiculous that Season 1 isn't even for release over here in Ireland yet! yikes I have to wait until October 15th for the DVD to release.

That's not too far behind the states, I think it comes out here this upcoming tuesday the 25th.  I don't know why but when Sons of Anarchy started, I thought this started at the same time.  I even called my cable provider and was like "why are you missing this from your lineup" haha.  I can't wait for season 2!!

I'm looking forward to it. Not many things left on tv that I like to watch.
And I did enjoy the first season.

I love this show!  I'm totally caught up on all of the episodes now.

*****SPOILER****************

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this...But it seems like almost all of the female characters in BOTH seasons seem to end up pregnant, or are completely baby crazy.  WTF!  Is this how dudes see us?  Walking, crazy baby machines?  That, alone, is terrifying enough for me.

^^^ I wouldn't read too much into the show viewing women like that.  Especially since the creator is gay. lol

LoudLon wrote:

^^^ I wouldn't read too much into the show viewing women like that.  Especially since the creator is gay. lol

LOL I don't really think that has anything to do with it.  But, really?  They couldn't be more original?

BABIES FOR EVERYONE!

I finally getting into this series, in last 2 days I have seen the first 5 episode

now about to watch 6th!

^^
Now you're getting into the meat of the story.  It definitely takes it time to get rolling.

I love that play ground scenes, found really funny, seeing the kids screaming lol

about to watch 7th now, 6 one was bit okay but it was not as good as the others

Well I just started the second season today. Lot's packed into the first episode. Pretty cool premise so far. The alien scenes are especially eerie. That fucking violin sound every few minutes is annoying as hell though.

going to start watching season 2 hopefully sometime this week

Gonna sesh it tomorrow. Watched another episode last night and was really digging it. So damn twisted for cable TV.

I finished season 2 off about a week ago. It was pretty damn cool and twisted. The plot was all of the place, and chaotic, which made it interesting, but it didn't seem as thought out as the first season. The ending was great, somehow they manage to have both a happy ending and a downer ending at the same time. Can't wait for season 3.

I didn't much like the first season 'til the last few episodes; season 2 made season 1 look like a masterpiece in comparison; season 3's been pretty "enh" for me so far.

The only constant good thing about the show, IMO, is Jessica Lange.  I just wish the material deserved the excellent performances she's been turning in.

I took about halfway into season one for it to fully click. I just like the themes and the characters, the plots are almost nonsensical. They kind of remind me of your standard euro trash horror, where a bunch of horror themes are just kind of mashed together. Dunno which of the two I prefered. I am looking forward to season 3 though.

Edit: As for Jessica Lange, I can see why she hangs around, they tend to give her the most interesting characters. It's probably a fun well paying show to work on for her.

Last edited by Theli (2014-01-20 20:37:57)