Topic: Halloween Countdown

It almost time for my favourite time of the year:  Halloween!

What are some of your favourite movies to watch in the fall leading up to Halloween?

Re: Halloween Countdown

I have one day where I run straight through the Halloween franchise, minus the remakes and resurrection. Typically hit up a lot of zombie flicks and TCM. Basically if it's horror I'll watch it.

I have the most insane Halloween ever...I watch movies lol I go through a whole bag of movies once the night comes. I don't think I have anyone coming over this year though, it shall only be me myself and I.

I watch all the Halloween movies including the different versions of the original. I also watch Trick r Treat and any other horror that might strike me. The real fun comes with the old kids' shows I have on VHS that I watch with the girls like Witches Night Out, Halloween is Grinch Night, It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, The Halloween Tree etc. (I have to confess, we've already put up the indoor decorations)

Don't feel bad Ms. Gore, I have a few Halloween decorations up too.  In fact, some I leave out all year!   

Here are a few of my faves for the fall...

The Lady in White
Something Wicked This Way Comes
Hocus Pocus
Halloween Town
Trick R Treat

Last edited by DirtyGirl (2012-09-10 17:58:59)

^^ My daughter and I just watched the first two Halloween Town movies this weekend. I forgot about Hocus Pocus. We watch that too.

I've always enjoyed Hocus Pocus, there is just something I really like about it...but I can never place it lol

Night of the Living Dead,  Nightmare Before Christmas, Rocky Horror Picture Show, House of 1000 Corpses, pretty much any vampire movie. And of course It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. That is a classic and must be watched every Halloween. There was and old Disney special I had on VHS that is long lost I wish I could find again. It had some security guard that was a host but also the jack o lantern in the crystal ball. Damn I wish I could remember the name.

That sounds like Halloween Hall of Fame...

http://youtu.be/m2eyTO2K5OE

Edit- Peanuts looks just like my Bella!!

Last edited by DirtyGirl (2012-09-10 18:51:54)

Yes Yes Yes!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much Dirty Girl! I tried to look it up and just kept getting the Disney Halloween Treat which is awesome too, but this me and my bro watched all the time.

DirtyGirl wrote:

That sounds like Halloween Hall of Fame...

http://youtu.be/m2eyTO2K5OE

Edit- Peanuts looks just like my Bella!!

My typical Halloween line-up goes something like this:

Evil Dead
Evil Dead 2
The Blair Witch Project
Return of the Living Dead
The Sentinel
Dawn of the Dead (original)
Halloween (original)

But I'm thinking of mixing it up some this year.  Maybe do a couple random horror flicks before kicking off Halloween 1, 2, 3, 4 and H2O.  Of course there's also Azzie's HalloweenFest on Skype to look forward to.

Oh yeah, Azzie's H-Fest is going to be totally badass.

Other than participating in that, of course one must also have his own solitude and reflection time and enjoy a few films on his own individual terms. Or, at least, that's how I feel.

My line up always includes:
Night of the Living Dead (orig.)
Halloween (orig.)
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (always at dawn, with the sun rising.)

What movies I'll put in between those mandatory three, I'm not sure yet. I am excited for this Halloween though. I'll be putting forth some extra dough from my paycheck to make sure new Halloween decorations are bought for the house this year. The ones we have are just about falling apart. They're more junk than they are even scary anymore. lol

Last edited by The Creature (2012-09-10 19:44:13)

I love Halloween!  I go overboard with the decorations, just last week I bought some material and made halloween curtains. lol  My outdoor decorations are not out yet but my indoor ones are slowly getting put up. 
Some of my favorite movies are trick 'r treat, dawn of the dead, and phantasm, but anything good and scary will do.

Halloween countdown!  I love it!  Its Halloween season.  Like many others here...my favorite time of the year.  smile

I definitely love watching the scary movies that are actually Halloween themed. 

I will be watching Halloween 1 of course and probably 2.  I just bought 3 not too long ago so I am looking forward to that.  Definitely will watch Trick R Treat.  Night of the Living Dead is a must.  Friday the 13th will probably be on AMC.  2 years ago they ran a Friday the 13th marathon and last year they ran a Stephen King marathon.  But yea basically anything scary will do on Halloween.

I'm super excited they are going to be having a double feature of Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein. Check you local theaters cuz it's a nationwide thing that fathom events does. I think they are also doing The Birds in October.

Halloween of course but I like to slip in Motel Hell it seems to get watched this time of the year so it falls under tradition:)

Yea I'm already getting excited for Halloween this year.. I always watch a wide array of horror films.. Usually its just whatever strikes my fancy at the time..

But the one film I have watched every Halloween for as long as I can remember is Mad Monster Party.. Great stop motion animation flick by Rankin and Bass.. They are the ones that make all those Christmas flicks like Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer.

Wow...Haven't seen that since I was a kid!  smile

The Halloween that almost wasn't

This reminds me I need to talk with some people about HorrorFest film selection.

Anyone who wants to help out, just let me know- we'll talk on Skype sometime within the next week or so.

Last edited by azathoth (2012-09-22 08:23:33)

Dunno what to watch. But must manage to find the dvds of Christine and The Exorcist before halloween.

My Halloween day tradition is watching the original Halloween 1 and 2 and just a year ago or so, started adding Trick R Treat into that mix.  In the build up, I try to watch all Halloween, Friday the 13th and Texas Chainsaw movies...but I have since given away most of my DVD collection and a lot of those aren't on Blu Ray so I'm hoping TV channels and on demand services don't let me down this year!

^^
There will definitely be Halloween and Trick 'r Treat on HorrorFest this year.

There will be, eh?  I can't wait!