Topic: Sinister (2012)

Looks interesting and creepy smile

IMDB

Trailer

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa401/marcozezuz/Sinister-535x7921_opt.jpg

Last edited by flamethrower (2012-09-11 08:20:37)

Re: Sinister (2012)

^^
I agree.

Oh yeah...

Yes...this looks very interesting.

The premise sounds cool, glad to see the found-footage genre getting more limelight.

I did not know this was going to come out October 5th , I thought was going be after PA 4

I will giving PA 4 a Miss this year, I see this movies instead! 

This is will only movie i able to see in cinema this year! 

I have been to see for almost year, last thing I saw PA 3!

Teaser trailer already been shown!

Really looking forward to this.

I'm a big fan of Ethan Hawke but that trailer didn't do much for me. 

Enh.  We'll see.

The trailer looks a bit meh to me aswell. Doesn't look like anything we havent seen before. If i actually watched it at Frightfest then i could give a informed opinion but there u go.

Last edited by Vasquez (2012-09-11 11:14:13)

It doesn't look like much, we've seen this type of movie done before and probably better too.

I wait for the movie to prove me wrong.

Yeah I saw the Possession and saw the trailer for this I am really excited gonna see it opening day maybe a mainstream horror movie that is good!

Quite interested in this one..

Haven't seen much about it. I wasn't as blown away by Insidious as others were but it was enjoyable, and I liked the Paranormal Activity movies. So I'll give this movie a shot.

I plan on seeing this one opening weekend. Defenitley looking forwards to seeing it, I have a feeling it's going to be awesome.

BASSI wrote:

I did not know this was going to come out October 5th , I thought was going be after PA 4

I will giving PA 4 a Miss this year, I see this movies instead! 

This is will only movie i able to see in cinema this year! 

I have been to see for almost year, last thing I saw PA 3!

Teaser trailer already been shown!

Really looking forward to this.

Let me know if you liked it I am seeing PA4

I think it looks pretty awesome and can't wait to see it

I've seen a commercial for it and it looks good, so I plan to see it.

The monster is very insane clown posse. But its Ethan Hawke so I'm sold.

Ah, sam12, finally I have my spammer for the night.  I have been waiting.

This guy to the left
<---
is a mere avatar on this dimension.

Do you see my name?  Azathoth.  Let Wiki explain it to you.

------
Outside the ordered universe [is] that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes.
-------

Did you get all that?  I am a mindless, blithering daemon god that has thousands of daemon servitors playing flutes with their 15 penises.  Do you know how annoying that is?  Do you have any idea how many of those penis-flutes it will take for me to shove up your arse before your head explodes and I can suck out the marrow from you spine before using it as a jump rope?

Only The Almighty is higher than I, and we both hate you.  If you come back, we will double punch you in the crotch, the only difference is that I will be punching your crotch through your rectum.  I will then pull your scrotum out, and replace your displaced head's eyeballs with testecles.  You have displeased both God and an eternal daemon.  You are not on the right path.

Watched 'Sinister" last night and while I found it entertaining, I found that  most of the scares were the cheap jump-out-at-you variety. Which is sad becase the movie is genuinely creepy and had the potential for being great.
I give it a B-.

^^
Hmmm.  I was hoping it would be more along the lines of Insidious, atmospheric and building up suspense (except for the demon fight).  I'll still have to check it out, I like the creepy.

azathoth wrote:

^^
Hmmm.  I was hoping it would be more along the lines of Insidious, atmospheric and building up suspense (except for the demon fight).  I'll still have to check it out, I like the creepy.

Me too...I loved INSIDIOUS, and so did my wife (who is a horror nut as well).  We both agreed that the movie was suspenseful, but just missed the mark of being a great horror film.
BTW, I believe that a good horror flick can AND SHOULD be watched multiple times.   I don't feel any desire or need to see this one again.

^^
The mark of a great horror film, in my opinion, is the re-watchability of it.  Insidious freaked the heck out of Vampy (my wife) while we were watching it like at 2AM.  I tried to line up those type films for HorrorFest this year, especially in prime time.

I really enjoyed it, had atmosphere and did a really good job going through the story 7.5/10

Read an interesting article review of Sinister that really turned the reviewer off, perhaps to horror films in general. 

Warning- there are some minor spoilers he talks about.

Here is the article.

Roger Ebert gave the flick three stars out of four.  And since Ebert's are the only reviews I really pay any attention to, because over the decades I've seen that it's his opinions which most closely mirror my own, I'll take his word for it.  So I'll be checking it out.