Re: Ur Favourite Opening/Title Sequences in Horror

A Lost Boy wrote:
Ms.Gorefiend wrote:

Of course there's also The Suicide Club opening sequence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyV3VD3pBiU

Never noticed that was a film also. Only read the manga.

What an EXCELLENT movie this is.

We cant forget the title sequences created by Saul Bass for horror/suspense films films like Psycho, North by North West and Vertigo. He had a major influence on several figures involved in film including possibly Kyle Cooper, who created the title sequence for Se7en. Check out this proposed title sequence by Ty Mattson for Showtime's Dexter in this insightful article.

http://motional.net/articles/saul-bass- … ETEiKTyYaM

Last edited by Vasquez (2012-09-03 10:53:32)

Saul Bass is such an AMZING designer it's nuts.
Always loved his stuff.

Suspiria (Just so gorgeous)
Alice, Sweet Alice (I remember liking this one)
Nightmare On Elm Street (Freddy and his gloves)

I like music. Of the opening titles. I liked Videodrome too: "Civic TV, The One You Take To Bed With You."

Dead Alive
Boogeyman
Darkness Fall
The Hills Run Red
The Descent
The Shining remake
Carrie
White noise 2

I say this alot but I have to go with Halloween 78. Perfectly sets the tone for the rest of the film.

Nightmare on Elm St 3.  INTO THE FIRE

That is all.

Last edited by ExplorerPOD (2012-09-11 10:42:41)

HORRORKID wrote:

I say this alot but I have to go with Halloween 78. Perfectly sets the tone for the rest of the film.

Yes. yes. and yes.

A Lost Boy wrote:

I like music. Of the opening titles. I liked Videodrome too: "Civic TV, The One You Take To Bed With You."

Yea Im big on the music during the actual credits as well.  Like in almost every Carpenter film.  Or the first few Friday the 13th movies.  I think it is Friday the 13th two which had like the longest opening credit sequence ever at 14 minutes or something.

I'm not a huge remake/reboot fan, but I'd have to say I really like the way they did Friday the 13th, getting all that action in prior to the movie title coming on screen.  I thought it was well done, considering how it's not like a lot of people went into the theater wondering what movie they were about to watch...it was like "here's the killing, oh yeah, btw, here's your movie title".

^^^ Which reminds me, I never would have bothered with Dawn of the Dead '04 if USA hadn't aired the first ten minutes as a preview a week or so before the flick was released.  I was vehemtnly opposed to the very notion of anyone remaking my all-time favorite movie (horror or not), even going so far as to write a very scathing hate mail to Universal studios.  But after I saw that first ten minutes on USA, I relented.  It was such a strong opening sequence that I had to know if the rest of the movie was going to be as good.

It wasn't, but the movie was still better than a Dawn of the Dead remake had any business being. lol