Re: OOC : Horror Story Idea

I've been an admin on a board based RP site before - it works is if we have a moderator - when two people get into a scuffle about something (and it will happen) this is the person whose rule on the matter is the last word.

You also need some rules about character creation - we dont want to have a bunch of godlike invincible characters running around. The real world has rules, so does the RP one.

There should be no limits to what your creativity can bring forth storywise. I would suggest that characters from other people's works (IE freddy, Jason, etc) be brought in as NON-player-controlled (IE you can't be Jason Voorhees yourself but you can play against him as a player controlled NPC)

Yes it does.  Should be interesting.  I'm in.

Also, before starting the Rp/story.  Make an OOC (out of character) thread for us to post our characters (name, age, bio etc) and where we can post questions to each other without mucking up much of the rp with OOC stuff.  This will be a lot easier to organize it and should be done for future Rps and such.  Makes it easier than reading somone's post a few times to get their full character.

And I agree with Stigma about the icons and such be NPC.

I like the ideas and am definately in. I think whoever mods this should deal out the area, monster/killer, and amount of zombies a group of characters has to contend with that way the stry has to be made up now, no pre-written stories or ideas. Make the story up on the fly it will be much more exciting and energetic that way. Unless everyone esle disagrees, then I will play by whatever rules are setforth.

Meh wrote:

I am sure Leon would be willing to moderate and vorwald you could moderate as well since its your idea if your interested.

Yeah I'm up for it. Mehs right, the best thing to do first is to bang out the rules and so forth.

I hope the zombie laws stay with Romero's.  Spare for the House of the Dead 2 conversion mentioned earlier where the zombies make into a frenzied stumble when prey is spotted but overwise are slow moving and even frenzied can be outrun.

Well what we could do is have both fast and slow zombies. The fast zombies could be in smaller numbers if wanted.

Or maybe just the freshly dead...but once dead for a few hours or days (how ever long it takes rigor mortius to take full effect) they grow slower and slower to then becomeing stumblers?

That sounds pretty good, but i believe that rigormortis sets in rather quickly after death.

Back to what Meh said, I don't mind moderating as long as someone esle is with me and Leon sounds like a good choice.

For the characters I think that careers should be assigned so that someone doesn't come in with five highly trained military experts driving tanks and carrying machine guns.  Basic rules would say that if one of your characters is a teacher, he/she will not walk around blasting zombie children.  I think gender will also be assigned so that the story can take twists and become more enjoyable.  At the moment, communication between two different sets of characters should not be allowed because I think confusion would arise way to easily.

For the slow/fast zombie issue, why don't we include fast zombies into the mix with slow zombies and players can choose which combination of the two their characters will deal with.  The characters do not have to deal with both but they must deal with one of the two.

When I mention Jason and Freddy, those are characters that the players' characters will be pitted against along with the zombies.  If a player wants to use his/her own creation then that player must provide a detailed description (including bio., looks, back story, etc.) in the out of character thread.  Players will not be role playing but will be writing down sections/chapters of events that befalls their assigned characters.
I hope this clears up everything, but if it does not, then feel free to ask.

Last edited by vorwald2006 (2006-09-26 15:39:00)

I would like to play..count me in

I'll give this a try.  I am already thinking of a teacher.  And for convience just have her start out in my hometown.  Might do someone working at another local place (like our Coffee Shop or another town store) for her to hook up with but dunno yet.

All good ideas Vorwald. Also, i think it might be easier for people just to post right here that they'll be taking part. Hard2Kill, golden, thedeadshallrule, you and myself are already on board.

Leon wrote:

All good ideas Vorwald. Also, i think it might be easier for people just to post right here that they'll be taking part. Hard2Kill, golden, thedeadshallrule, you and myself are already on board.

That is a good point because then everyone can see who is participating and such. killjoy has also expressed interest in this and I have received an email from him saying that he is interested.  At the moment, we have six people, do you guys think this is enough to start it up or should we wait a little longer.  Otherwise, I think we could start discussing some of the basics before we put everything together.

I think we should wait a bit longer and bust out the basic plot before we get things rolling.

We can always start and until a certain point people can still join in once they have a good feel for what we are doing but once we get past the character intros and evil counterparts are assigned we will have to cut it off and the rest will have to be spectators for a while.

Okay, everything sounds good.  Once the plot is agreed upon, and everyone is ready, then we can take Hard2Kill's idea into effect by determining a cut-off point.

Speaking of plot, the plot that we have so far is that one fine day, zombies start to roam around along with numerous deaths.  A group of people from each region get together in order to figure out what is behind this.  Turns out, some sort of demonic power lies behind it with hopes of controlling the world or destroying it.  The groups of people fight off zombies and a special creature(s) that is there to carry out the demon's plan.  With little ammon and hordes of zombies, the groups fight their way through the evil forces and eventually find themselves fighting the demon face to face.

That should be a fair representation of the plot as it stands now.  I had an idea for a reason that the zombies started to pop up.  The demon needed souls to back up his power and thus stole them from living beings which caused them to become zombies and cause the same act of terror on the living so the demon would gain more souls.  The creature of the area overlooks this and does killing of his own.  Once the creature is destroyed, this stops the flow of souls from that area and thus sends the group to their final battle with the demon.
This is only an idea, but I think it would fit great unless there are some other suggestions.

Also I want to briefly mention the group interaction part.  As it has been mentioned, there will be none and as for the final battle, I think that Satan will be ultimately behind this, but can not gain anything with out his generals (highest ranking demons) who were in charge of the area that each group overcame.  Each group will face off against a general and by defeating all generals, this will end Satan's chance at securing that which he desires most, the world and every soul in it.  After the great battles, all souls whose bodies are intact as zombies will be returned and the rest will be sent into the clouds for eternal peace.  Thus the groups will never actually interact, but the overall success depends on all of them.

Let me know what you think and I hope we can start this soon.
Thanks

Last edited by vorwald2006 (2006-09-27 00:08:03)

Sounds pretty good, let's do it.

ooh ooh can I play I love rp..I did it on a few vampire sites..

I guess I can only call what happened THE SITUATION. Can any one of us totally be sure of what happened? Surreal, that's what is was. Totally unforeseen by humans and surreal. It started one sunny Fall day,weeks before all the confusion and chaos. We all noticed it, the sudden disappearance of local animals, cats, dogs. Odd.
I live in an upstairs apartment with my roomate Truls, He is from Norway and just one hell of a guy. My name is Jessica and I work at the hospital part-time, cleaning and part-time go to college studying mortuary science same classes as Truls and my best freind Bobby Lee.
Bobby Lee is a trip. He looks and acts just like the Bobby Lee on MadTV and just cracks us all up. He always seems to have a gleam in his eye and is doing everything with overstated glee. His parents are very quite Asian-Americans, so serious. I guess you would be too if you went through the 40's living on the West Coast and under the "extraordinary order" signed by then President Roosevelt, in a detention camp. Sorry, some things just plain piss me off.
Truls cools my blood. He got me interested in reading the Bible. For a guy with piercing blue eyes and a love for the spiritual, it takes you back a bit when he brings out his De Norske Vikingsverds, (his collection of Norwegian viking swords) and practices in the living room.
My other freind is an intense, likable computer whiz, originally from Canada, she ended up here in Kansas for some reason or another, (not something she talks about, romantic entanglements I suppose, nonya (noneofmybusiness). She fixes peoples comps in her downstairs apartment. Oh her name is Raven, no really:) and her favorite place is http://www.horror-movies.ca
screen name "quoth" as in quoth the Raven..lol cracks me up.
It was evening and I was trying to make homemade gravy for Truls to try out. I had already screwed up the first batch and was well on my way to screwing up the second, although I was stirring the pan with an overrated intensity and a scowl. Maybe I had too much in the pan? Maybe too high a heat? Hell I don't know...
Truls and shrugged and gone to the store for another gallon of milk.
As I stirred the bubbling mass, I "felt" a change, (in the air? in the universe?) The tiny hairs on the back of my neck, under my ponytail, began to twitch and stand on end. My ears strained to pick up any odd noises. My breathing automaticly deepened and my pulse quickened. I began to feel tingly all over, Something was wrong, Someone was in my apartment!!!! I turned and looked over my shoulder, a disheveled stranger was shuffling through the living room toward where I was standing at the stove. I blinked, long seconds passed. The person//thing staggered and moaned.
Now I am going to stop right here and mention something I know alot about, as I am a mortuary science student and doing pretty damn good (top of class) omg I am actually boasting in the middle of ...
oh well , your getting to know me:)
DEATH
*first stage is death//inital decay -0-3 days =from the moment of death enzymes are released and break dwn cells,flies are attracted to bodies.
*putrefaction 4-10 days after death=body releases foul gases
*black putrefaction 10-20 days=bloated body collapeses leaving flattened body=fluids drain and seep
*butyric fermentation 20-50 days remaining flesh dries out, cheesy smell
*dry decay 50-365 days
This guy was the 20-50 day guy and Cheesy smell? OH GOD it filled the room. He was practically on me as I stood one hand stirring the pot and blinking trying to figure out WHAT THE F...........
I threw the boiling gravy right into Mr. Whats its face, He flinched backward giving me enough time to swing the pot into his head full tilt.
Spinning him off balance and onto the floor. Thats all the time I needed, I ran barefoot through the living room grabbing De Norske VIKINGSVERD off of its stand as I swept past, and bolted for the door.

whoops.. did you type that in word and paste it? Your formatting is awol. An idea I just had is to have 2 threads for every RP. Both with the exact same topic only 1 for OOC and 1 for the RP. The rp one shoudl have its first post be a link to the OOC ( out of cahracter ) thread for rules and questions. That way questions can be brought up outside of the story or rp thread.

Posted that idea earlier Meh tongue

Kinda confused on what you posted deadman.  Your opening post?

Shot ya an email Raven.

I'm in if you you'll have me.  The basic setup is cool.  Characture is a City Santitation Worker in Rural Mid-West.

thegoldensimatar wrote:

Posted that idea earlier Meh tongue

Kinda confused on what you posted deadman.  Your opening post?

Shot ya an email Raven.

I got it, so we make our own characters up right? or is there no story line yet?

Keep your post handy deadshallrule because I don't think we've started yet but great job it sounds good. I am glad to so many of the regulars here involved. I like the idea of having two spots, one for the game/story and one for comments and questions. Glad you guys made it skidog and RaVeN, this is gonna be fun.

Just to inform people who just hopped on the bandwagon:

This is not and rp, but more of a collaborative story with some interactive qualities. People partcipating will take turns writing up chapter revolving around the region that their main protagonist or group of characters are currently living in. Each region will be plagued by supernatural being such as zombies,werewolves and vampires. Each chapter must focus on how your character(s) comabt or adapt to the demonic threat at hand. At certain points in your part of the story your character(s) must confront what Vorwald has deemed generals of Satan. These generals, who are to either be a well known horror icon or a creation of your own, have been sent by Satan himself to reign destruction upon the human race.

Thats basically all you need to know. For any other questions related to this collaboration ask here. Me, Vorwald, and anyone else involved should be able to help you out.