Topic: Bubba Nosferatu is Dead!

Sad news for all us Bruce Campbell fans. Bubba Nosferatu is officially dead. Well ok the movie might get made, but not with Bruce Campbell and without him the film in my books is nothing. Feel free to leave your own comments on this. He told Fangoria...

Read More : Bubba Nosferatu is Dead!

Re: Bubba Nosferatu is Dead!

Now this completely sucks. Even if the movie is made, it will now be a pile of crap since Campbell isn't in it. If it is made, i'm definitely skipping this movie for damn sure.

i think Bruce Campbell was hte only draw and he rocked in the role. I hate to diss a movie based on 1 character but frankly Bruce was the draw for the film and without him its  not worth seeing.

Exactly. That's what i have always said about the first one and now since he isn't in this one if it's a go, it's going to suck royally. Whatever Campbell brings to any movie with any character he does portray, it makes the movie that much better and most of the time, he pretty much brings the magic to that specific movie.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Exactly. That's what i have always said about the first one and now since he isn't in this one if it's a go, it's going to suck royally. Whatever Campbell brings to any movie with any character he does portray, it makes the movie that much better and most of the time, he pretty much brings the magic to that specific movie.

well put

I just replied about this in the other thread Bruce Campbell Holding up Bubba Nosferatu? tongue This sucks alright, but now Bruce has more time to do other projects that his fans can look forward to...

yeah i think that the only one that loses is the filmmaker. We bruce campbell fans will still get more bruce in his other projects!

This makes me sad in ways I can't explain. The night we had a one-shot screening here in Halifax of Bubbu Ho-Tep was magical. The entire theatre was FULL of freaks. It was incredible.

I was really hoping that we were going to be able to duplicate that.

I'm really disappointed in this.  Was looking forward to this.

WOW that was pretty fast i just read the other thread a few hours ago.i even read on another website they got paul giamatti to play the part of elvis's manager colonel tom parker.well bruce is the man and ill back his play

I can live without Bubba Nosferatu.  All it means is Bruce Campbell will be doing other things for us to sink our teeth into. 

If somehow BN gets made without Bruce, unless they have some sort of stellar casting in his place, I probably wont see it.

damn. this really sucks sad

Was too silly for me.

Doesn't really matter to me, we watched the original the other night and both of us fell asleep half way through the movie, I know Bruce Campbell was in it but that couldn't help it for us I probably wouldn't have seen the sequel if Bruce was in it or not.

I liked Bruce in the Evil Deads and Maniac cops and am looking forward to his new film Vacation but thats about it.

A site called horroryearbook.com had an interesting comment about this whole situation.  Let me post it and see what you guys think about it:

Bruce Campbell made an appearance on Fango Radio recently and had this to say:

“[BUBBA NOSFERATU] is dead to me. It sleeps with the fishes. Don Coscarelli is a very passionate filmmaker. We got to a few points [developing the screenplay] that we couldn’t reconcile. I want to keep our friendship, so we parted ways. So I’m not part of that project."

I find it rather interesting that Oscar nominee Paul Giamatti has no problem with the script penned by Coscarelli and collaborator Stephen Romano, but Campbell does. Campbell is above Giamatti?

Coscarelli also spoke to Fango and told them he is “considering recasting the film with another actor whom the fans would embrace."

Gotta give credit where credit is due and post the link to this article:
http://www.horroryearbook.com/2007/08/2 … u-is-dead/

Bummer.  This could have been another fun flick.

It doesn't work for me unless Campbell is Elvis tongue

goldenwarrior wrote:

Doesn't really matter to me, we watched the original the other night and both of us fell asleep half way through the movie, I know Bruce Campbell was in it but that couldn't help it for us I probably wouldn't have seen the sequel if Bruce was in it or not.

I liked Bruce in the Evil Deads and Maniac cops and am looking forward to his new film Vacation but thats about it.

your not alone alot of folks didnt get it.

No "Bubba" II ... that ssssssssssssucks. sad

Giamatti kicks a fuck-ton of ass. I'll go see it, with or without BC.

Last edited by jpjmoffett (2007-09-29 10:45:03)

Hmmm, such a shame, I loved Ho-Tep. Roll on 'Bruce vs. Frankenstein' !!

just goes to show...originals rule.