Topic: Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D Trailer

Man dont u guys think this looks sucky and predictable. Good looking and pot smoking teenagers how fckn original. The only good thing about it is the choice of song at the start. Great song by Cash. Makes me happy when i look at my ultimate edition of Tobe Hoopers original on the shelf.

Last edited by Vasquez (2012-09-14 06:23:29)

Re: Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D Trailer

This could go either way. I like how it's a sequel, and not another reboot because they get overwhelming. Predators (2010) worked as a sequel and was good, so maybe this can pull off being a good sequel.

Can someone link me to this trailer? I searched on Youtube and only got fake ones.

I hated TCM '03 with a passion and have refused to watch any of these revamped TCMs since.  If it ain't the original TCM or TCM 2 from '86, it would be impossible for me to care less.  I have absolutely zero interest in this flick.

Interesting... no interest big_smile

Trailer

It may not be a reboot but its shiny look makes it looks like any shitty yet glossy looking remake to come out of hollywood over the last ten years, filled with ur usual good looking pot smoking 20 somethings. In fact i bet many people are saying it looks like a very generic and glossy remake of Platinum Dunes (which wasn't 2 bad and had somewhat of a gritty aspect in part of R.Lee.Ermey's chilling performance - though could never have hoped to supersede Hoper's original utterly raw and terrifying vision) own imagining. and u know what i kinda agree. Also the girl at the end does about one of the dumbest things i have ever seen onscreen. Yeah climbing into a closed and confined coffin while a guy with a chainsaw is chasing u is a great idea!

^^ Something like The House Of The Devil (2009) is what I'm expecting to see. I only need them to paint the poster for real.

I think most would agree that the premise is a great idea. An actual sequel to Tobe Hooper's original TCSM instead of another reboot?? That's fantastic!

As for the trailer....meh. It looked like it was more of a remake of the 2003 remake, to be honest.  I hope I'll be proven wrong when it comes out and it's an absolutely solid horror flick. And with that said, there wasn't very much revealed about the family in the trailer either, so we may be in for a suprise or two (hopefully)!

I'll see it only because it follows the original...yeah.

Oh, c'mon, are they going to start doing remakes/reboots every 5 years now?!??!  How about "The Vice Clamp Murderer," or "The Allen Wrench Murders?"

Gah.

This looks like TCM remake from 2003 and looks about as entertaining which is not a good thing

Vasquez wrote:

Also the girl at the end does about one of the dumbest things i have ever seen onscreen. Yeah climbing into a closed and confined coffin while a guy with a chainsaw is chasing u is a great idea!

Was thinking the same.

Hey guys,

First of all : i am a true fan of the Leatherface franchise ( my favourites parts are : 1974 / 2003 / 2007).

The first thing i thought when the news of this sequel was : AMAZING, a sequel to the 1974s movie ?! What and idea !

Then i red  the REAL synopsis of the movie which reveal the first 20 minutes of the movie.

And i can affirm you that this AWESOME trailer is only about the 1/3 of the movie , only the begining og the movie. The scipt that follows is just terrible ... a real twisted script !

Loook over here :http://cinemaclubfr.wordpress.com/2012/06/07/massacre-a-la-tronconneuse-3d-un-tres-long-synopsis/

Last edited by asswadou (2012-09-19 12:40:58)

This trailer is god awful.. For one the original looked like a real beat up shitty documentary.. 3D is the polar opposite of the original film. It's a push to make the film "cool" for all the little horror fans out there.

I'm also confused about the look.. Like Are they supposed to be in the 70s? Because it looks really modern to me. Nothing to really indicate that it is in the past. I can't say I'm disappointed because I already knew it was going to be trash.

I love the original and a sequel to that would be awesome, but this isn't it. Just another crappy movie trying to play off the fame of the original. Plus if it's a sequel why does the house look so well taken care of? Also I don't recall Leatherface being a billiards man. tongue

What I like about the trailer is it leaves a lot to be desired.  Such a problem with horror trailers is they usually spoil all the good stuff and leave that as the best parts of the movie (2 minutes out of 90).  This one doesn't look like it's going to have jump out of your seat moments and I can almost guarantee it will.  I think they did a good job with it, but, like always, time will tell.

I can never understand how they can take a premise as good as a Chainsaw-weilding cannibal psycho family from texas and turn it into such uninspired drivel.  I'm with Lon on this one..if it ain't the Original or the campy sequel(Hooper and Hopper!) it's been so disapointing, I've stopped caring.

Can't wait to see Daddario running around. smile

Sorry to go against the general concensus on here but that trailer looks fucking amazing. It's been almost 40 years since Hooper's original scuzzy documentary-style original and of course the series has been diluted over the years. A prime offender is that daft first sequel with Dennis Hopper swinging a chainsaw bigger than himself while laughing manically. I mean, that was just silly. The Beginning was a better film than the official part 2. I'm looking forward to this.

The main chick is pretty hot, I'll give you that.

I'm soooo dying to see this one!

^ That's cool Garden.  I like it when there is a movie coming out that I am excited to see as it rarely happens.

That written...I am not trying to beat this to death, and not trying to jump on the train...

However, this movie seems to have very little to offer and looks like it has the stereotypical group of teens doing the typical dumb things (like Vas wrote, one of them does one of the dumbest I've ever seen).  This is just so bbbllllaaaaahhhh to me.  We know exactly how the story will go as it will follow a cliche story line that we've seen so often.

That also written...

Looks like it could be a decent fun slasher, and to each their own.  smile  What do I know...I love the Friday remake and Paranormal Activity.  I'm the bastard child of HM.  big_smile

Annabelle!

@asswadou-
Wonderful, link to a non-English site so that the majority of us can read it.  Here's a hint- if you want someone to read something, make it easy for them to read it, i.e. Babelfish/Google translate it first. 

Back to the topic- I see nothing new here.  I don't care if it's a remake, a sequel, a reboot, or a 3-legged giraffe.  I see pretty people and a chainsaw, though I'm sure they are all fine actors.

No offense intended to those who are interested, we all have our own interests.  Mine just involve monkeys with knives.  Just sayin'.  big_smile