Topic: Slender

I just don't get the point on how to play this ****** game! WTF Is it!?

Re: Slender

It's based on a urban legend story called 'The Tall Man' or 'The Slender Man.'  Supposedly stalks children and people that look for him.

Here's one silly vid on YouTube.  Search for 'slender man' on YouTube and you'll find more vids.

The game is designed so that as you pick up more of the notes, he comes after you faster.   Here is a vid of a play through of the game.  Personally, it seems to be a very boring game to me.

Ha!  The voice of the guy playing the game cracked me up.  "Page six is a bad page.  Bad, bad page."  "He's gonna teleport, he's gonna teleport, he's gonna teleport, he's very, very fast, don't die, don't die, not yet, let the static go!" And his GASP at the end... lol lol lol

I last til' page 5. ****!

I've gotten relatively far but always get turned around. And therefore, get scared shitless. lol

The voice of the girl kinda makes me remind of Heather from Silent Hill. (dunno which because I never played these.)

-Okay, we're recording now. Thomas, would you like to start from the beginning?

-Am I...

-Yes Thomas, you're safe. Now, could you start from the beginning so we may try to understand the events that happened?

-Okay... my, my daughter Jessica, she'd been outside playing outside at her friend's house, and we only live up the street err they, they actually live up the street I'm sorry. Umm... eh... it started, it started to get dark out. And I call her friend's parents that she needed to get home. They told me that she had left over a half hour ago. Well they're only a five minute walk away. So...I...

-Is this why you left the house looking for her?

-Yes... um, we lived in a wooded area, and I knew she like playing there with friends but, going all alone, didn't make sense.

-Okay... so, what happened next?

-I was calling Jessica's name, and, and it had been really dark out now.I was walking through the woods. Looking and hearing to anything. I remember suddenly feeling sick, like nauseous in the stomach, like I wanted to throw up. And I started getting ringing in my ears... then I...

-Thomas?

-That thing! That nightmare! He, no it! Jessica's clothes... in one of it's... one of it's hands... you took...

-It's okay. Can you... can you please describe what he looked like?

-It was tall. It... it appeared to be wearing a suit but, there's no way it was human, there's no, way. The... arms are almost to the ground I, I, I have never seen anything like it. It's... face...

-It's okay Thomas. Please continue.

-That horrible, fucking face! Just staring at me! But, no there was no face! There was no eyes! What did I see!?

-Thomas, please calm your-

-No! No! I fucking saw you son of a bitch! It took my Jessica! Now it's coming for me! I can't sleep! I can't live! You don't know! You don't know! Oh God! Oh God! (shouting non-understandable words.)

- Thomas, calm down.

-Aaaah! It's right behind you!

-He needs detained, call se- ho- Holy Christ! (gunshots?)

(footsteps?)

End of tape...

Red text: Shouting.

Blue text: Weeping.

Last edited by A Lost Boy (2012-08-31 02:38:55)

^^
Yeah, that was pretty well acted.  Or the dude was nuts.  Either way, it was fairly creepy.

I'll play it sooner or later, see what all the fuss is about. I'll report to you when done.

Also, Slenderman was proven to be a hoax thought up by some random person.

^^^ Yeah, it was a meme (or whatever it's called), originating from a website whose forums featured a game with the challenge being to create your own urban legend using "photographic proof."  It was basically one guy who photoshopped a tall, thin apparition into a couple pics featuring groups of children, then other members kind of took his lead and ran with it. 

What amuses me the most about it is if you do a search online you'll see the overwhelming majority of people posting/asking about it actually believe it was a legend that had been around for decades.  People are so friggin' gullible... lol

^^
But "real life videos" are fun to watch. 
Find a tall guy, stick him in a suit, and just let him peek around corners and such.

Could you show us the first photo? (for the hard work smile)

What, you forget how to use a search engine all of a sudden?  lol

Oh, what the hell.  Here you go, the two original "slender man" photos:

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/033/182/slenderman-1-708110.jpg

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/masonry/000/033/183/slenderman-2-784777.jpg

Thanks Lon, I didn't feel like searching Something Awful (where it started) to find the stuff.  I owe you 2 cheddar cheese crackers.

I never really found Slenderman to be that scary, and I didn't find the game scary either to be honest. All you need to know is never turn around and you'll be fine. Most of those people on Youtube that film themselves and play it and get "extremely" freaked out beyond belief put on an act, even if they are a tiny bit scared they'll add more on. Meh.

Oogityboogityboogity!

Yeah...not impressed.

It's you walking around in a dark forest, trying to find pieces of paper that have very inspirational phrases written on them. ("No no no no no" or "Can't run", for instance)

Also, I've not seen reaction videos, but I suspect that they are indeed overacting.  This is nothing more than some jump scares. Not impressed, my friends.

They could do more with the game that's for sure. That being said, the lore behind it is very interesting (mostly just the story of how it was made). There's a lot of creepypasta stuff like this that really is interesting and also total mind-fucks.

suicidemouse.avi being one of the interesting ones.

I think Slenderman's rise to fame in the last year though might've killed it a bit. Though still eerie.

I like the game, it's boring, but that's kind of the point. Out of all the horror games I've played none have scared me more than Slender. Still haven't beat the damn thing.

DL'ed it earlier but haven't played it yet.

The game is getting really boring I wonder what's the point for me downloading it. But still scares/freaks me out lol.

If you turn your volume off, and play the game - it's not even scary (for me anyway). The scares are entirely based on the music.

LoudLon wrote:

Ha!  The voice of the guy playing the game cracked me up.  "Page six is a bad page.  Bad, bad page."  "He's gonna teleport, he's gonna teleport, he's gonna teleport, he's very, very fast, don't die, don't die, not yet, let the static go!" And his GASP at the end... lol lol lol

WTF you guys yackin about LOL

^^Yeah it's fun to watch those people play.

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

If you turn your volume off, and play the game - it's not even scary (for me anyway). The scares are entirely based on the music.

Just like 98% of American horror flicks. Boo scares set off by music cues.

The Slender Man legend is cool, but that's about it. The Marble Hornet videos get really boring, and there are like 100 of them, and still going.

Does anyone knows how to put daytime mode!?