Topic: I want your VHS!

Willing to trade and buy.

Re: I want your VHS!

What are you looking for?  I might be able to find it.

DirtyGirl wrote:

Horror vhs. I just started my collection through thrift store shopping, but I'm getting to that point where I'm running into the same titles over and over.

I have a large VHS collection myself.  One of my pride and joys is my copy of Fangoria's Scream Greats Volume I: Tom Savini, Master of Horror Effects.  Damn thing's pushing thirty years old and still plays like it was brand new.  I've seen it go for upwards of seventy bucks on ebay but it'd take a helluva lot more than that for me to part with it.

Are there any specific titles you're looking for?

LoudLon wrote:

I have a large VHS collection myself.  One of my pride and joys is my copy of Fangoria's Scream Greats Volume I: Tom Savini, Master of Horror Effects.  Damn thing's pushing thirty years old and still plays like it was brand new.  I've seen it go for upwards of seventy bucks on ebay but it'd take a helluva lot more than that for me to part with it.

Are there any specific titles you're looking for?

nope

I'm not into trading because I already have pretty much every VHS I want, and the ones I want but don't have cost more than I'm willing to pay. lol

That said, here are a number I'm willing to sell:

Slip-case:

Omen III: The Final Conflict
Legend of the Seven Golden Vampires
Dust Devil
Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky
Band of the Hand (1986)

Plastic case:

Monster Dog (big plastic box)
Say Anything
Hitman (on two tapes, Taiseng video)
Mr. Vampire (Taiseng)
Drunken Master II (Taiseng)
My Father is a Hero (Taiseng)
The Dead and the Deadly (Taiseng)
Bullet in the Head (Taiseng)
Pedicab Driver (Taiseng)
Once Upon a Time in China III (Taiseng)
The Brood
Bone Sickness (screener copy, with me and my old website thanked in the credits big_smile )
The Serpent and the Rainbow (clear case; no artwork)

Last edited by LoudLon (2012-09-15 13:17:12)

underthemilkyway wrote:
DirtyGirl wrote:

Horror vhs. I just started my collection through thrift store shopping, but I'm getting to that point where I'm running into the same titles over and over.

list the ones you really want, and I will have a look for them...

LoudLon wrote:

I'm not into trading because I already have pretty much every VHS I want, and the ones I want but don't have cost more than I'm willing to pay. lol

Slip-case:

Dust Devil
Band of the Hand (1986)

Plastic case:

976-EVIL
Popcorn
Say Anything
Mr. Vampire (Taiseng)
Pedicab Driver (Taiseng)
The Brood
Bone Sickness (screener copy, with me and my old website thanked in the credits big_smile )

Lon-  why do you do this to me?  I really want that Popcorn and 976-Evil VHS!  Can you ship it with my other movies?

DirtyGirl wrote:
underthemilkyway wrote:
DirtyGirl wrote:

What I REALLY want are big box releases, sleezy 70s and 80s horror, euro horror,  ect. Stuff like Hellraiser and Friday the 13th are at thrift shops. So yeah stuff like The Beyond, Vampyres, Silent Scream, Silent Night, Deadly Night, The Boneyard, ect.

underthemilkyway wrote:
DirtyGirl wrote:
underthemilkyway wrote:

What I REALLY want are big box releases, sleezy 70s and 80s horror, euro horror,  ect. Stuff like Hellraiser and Friday the 13th are at thrift shops. So yeah stuff like The Beyond, Vampyres, Silent Scream, Silent Night, Deadly Night, The Boneyard, ect.

I doubt I can get the clamshell boxes, but I might be able to find the smaller slip cases.

LoudLon wrote:

Slip-case:

Dust Devil
Band of the Hand (1986)

Plastic case:

976-EVIL
Popcorn
Say Anything
Mr. Vampire (Taiseng)
Pedicab Driver (Taiseng)
The Brood

Interested in:

Band of the Hand
Mr. Vampire
976-EVIL
Popcorn
Dust Devil

DirtyGirl wrote:
underthemilkyway wrote:
DirtyGirl wrote:

I doubt I can get the clamshell boxes, but I might be able to find the smaller slip cases.

Oh I'm not only interested in clamshell or big box I'm just throwing out that I'm mostly interested in stuff outside your usuals like Nightmare on elm street and Friday the 13th. So really I'm not way to hard to please as my collection of vhs is just starting.

Only got one VHS film lol: La Vita è bella.

DirtyGirl wrote:

Lon-  why do you do this to me?  I really want that Popcorn and 976-Evil VHS!  Can you ship it with my other movies?

Sure. smile

I've spent the last hour or so going through my many boxes full of VHS flicks and here are some more I'm willing to let go of (in slip-cases unless otherwise noted):

Revenge of the Ninja
Killing Zoe
Metallica: Cunning Stunts
Metallica: A Year and a Half in the Life Of... (double VHS set)
Metallica: Cliff 'Em All
Motley Crue: Uncensored
Ring of Fire (Don "The Dragon" Wilson)
Honor and Glory (Cynthia Rothrock)
Alice in Chains Unplugged

Last edited by LoudLon (2012-09-15 13:15:42)

underthemilkyway wrote:

Interested in:

Band of the Hand
Mr. Vampire
976-EVIL
Popcorn
Dust Devil

DirtyGirl beat you to Popcorn and 976-Evil, but otherwise PM me and we'll see what we can work out. smile

Check your PMs....

^^^ Got it. smile

LoudLon wrote:

^^^ Got it. smile

Check your pm.

Done, and replied to. smile

Try used book stores.

There's not one where I am now, but back home outside of Louisville it's filthy with used/vintage VHS dealers.  Easily half my collection came from one of those curio shops.  I love places like that and despise that there isn't one anywhere near me now.

Don't know if you have flea markets where you live milkyway but if you do try looking there.

I've got a collection of VHS tapes I bought just before DVD's completely took over...Mostly horror and Cult Classics.  Fulci, Argento..Natural born Killers (2-tapes)....about 30 altogether.  All are in ridiculously good shape..most only watched once or twice.  I could probably part with most/all to those interested.   PM me and I'll put a list together.  Gimme an idea of what you're looking to spend too.