Re: SECRET SHOPPER by Jamie Jenkins (Maven)

Soul_doom. stop this shit. I will end you

I thought it was well done. I totally understood it and got the part where you could see the kidnapper in the background.

Good job girl!

Acey!  Been a while bro.

First off I would just liek to comment on some of the comments that the idea needed to be converyed more clearly. For myself I thought it was pretty clear, and obviously not everyone will think the same, but I think it is a lot harder to make it come to life clearly because as the writer you understand it completely because you wrote it and thought about it more deeply than anyone. So when it comes to filming sometimes things can get a little jumbled, I know this is somewhat happening with something that I am putting together right now, so I am trying to work my way around it, but I think that as you make more films it becomes easier to envision it more clearly for others. So on that I just have to say I think you did an awesome job Maven, even with the music it seemed eerie and I actually got chills with the last shot.
Since I don't have any beef with the clarity, the only thing I was thinking was that the camera angles could have been tighter in some shots...but really that's all I can think of. To be honest it isn't long enough for it to have many flaws, which is a good thing, I mean I know short short films can have many flaws, but I didn't find so with this. Just try more inventive camera angles, that's about it, nothing with the substance ofthe film.

I like seeing memebers post things that they have made like this, it's exciting to me! lol. I never really came to this part ofthe forum before.

Pretty good for a first short film.. I also felt a little unsure about what was exactly going on. I had to watch it a second time as well to see the creepy lurker.. Personally I think I wouldn't have made the music so cheery and the people so over the top.. I'm sure that was your point though to do that..

The whole short seemed more like a comedy than a horror short. I think maybe some dark music at the end could have made it more forbodeing.. Not to mention the stickers just made it more cartoony..

Good job though.. What I said is really what I would have done.. Keep it up you only get better unless your name is Uwe Boll.